Author

Topic: ASICMINER: Entering the Future of ASIC Mining by Inventing It - page 1338. (Read 3916349 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Inactive

Yeah, hope everyone enjoys the cheap shares.

Guess I'll work out how much I'll have to pay for this.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
lucky to get some shares around 0.08,
unlucky to have cancelled those asking orders around 0.001
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Maybe someone was playing around with the new margin / short selling features....   Sad
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat
Low of the day in ASICMINER on GLBSE 0.00021 Huh

Someone's account got hacked or something ?

Yep

Is the asset locked down at the moment ?

What do you mean exactly?

I tried to get some at .01 and it wont let me buy them.
Inactive

Yep

What do you mean exactly?
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Wat

Yep

Inactive

Yep
Activity: 868

Activity: 325
Our highest capital is the Confidence we build.
Better to buy some put options, so you don't depress the price by selling now, but help it staying higher than the strike.
Who's providing that service? Are they insured?

Mpex and bitcoinopx are the ones I know of. I don't know if they're insured or how trustworthy you can find them... I trusted some coins to the former and I'm still researching the latter...
The information about the provider of the options in Mpex is sparse. To say the least.
bitcoinopx.com seems down - which is also not a good sign.

icbit.se is what I recommend they sell futures Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Has  a more professional look. But - no terms and other red flags.. Heck I don't even know with whom I'm trading online. (Next bitcoinica?)

Yes, I forgot about icbit...  Smiley

Anyway, as in any investment, it's a matter of diversifying to balance the associated risks. Just selling the coins immediately to avoid currency risk depresses the price and leaves you exposed to a rebound, so you get exposed to a currency risk in the opposed direction...

If you hedge by buying derivatives (options or futures) you are contributing to stabilize the price but you get exposed to counterparty risk. That's just the way it is, you'll always be exposed to risks when you manage some capital...

So, there's no other options than lowering the risks by diversifying. But just selling the coins right now, just in case, as has been proposed is, IMO, the worst option...
donator
Activity: 994
Better to buy some put options, so you don't depress the price by selling now, but help it staying higher than the strike.

Mpex and bitcoinopx are the ones I know of. I don't know if they're insured or how trustworthy you can find them... I trusted some coins to the former and I'm still researching the latter...
The information about the provider of the options in Mpex is sparse. To say the least.
bitcoinopx.com seems down - which is also not a good sign.

//DeaDTerra

Has  a more professional look. But - no terms and other red flags.. Heck I don't even know with whom I'm trading online. (Next bitcoinica?)
donator
Activity: 1064

//DeaDTerra

donator
Activity: 994
I suggest that you sell those BTC's asap, when you have reached the goal. So what ever happens to BTC price, we are still good to go. Keeping those funds in BTC is unnecessary risk to the plan. Even if the price rises a bit, the risks out weights gains multiple times. And I have this itchy feeling, that the price is going to plummet (to $5-$6) and day now. And it might take months to regain its value.
No reason for rash decisions. Let the IPO finish. After that I'd say sell as you go, i.e. only cash in those BTC which are necessary to cover the bills.

I suggest that you sell those BTC's asap, when you have reached the goal. So what ever happens to BTC price, we are still good to go. Keeping those funds in BTC is unnecessary risk to the plan. Even if the price rises a bit, the risks out weights gains multiple times. And I have this itchy feeling, that the price is going to plummet (to $5-$6) and day now. And it might take months to regain its value.

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
excellent news on all counts.
donator
Activity: 848
Merit: 1005
Update

IPO: There are still three pending orders. Two of them amount at 1,000 BTC each. All other orders are either cancelled or traded.
If they are not canceled but done, we could collect at a total of >14k of BTC, which would be enough for our expenses, as long as no extreme condition with the BTC price happens. So we still hold the original plan.

Chip: With our recent (from starting of IPO and now) effort, we successfully further reduced the ratio of power consumption to hashrate. It finally makes inexpensive packaging of our chips practical. Before taping out, a detailed spec (size, power, performance, pins, I/O interface, etc) of our chips will be made public.
legendary
Activity: 2053
Merit: 1354
aka tonikt
How are things going? Six days until the IPO is finished. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
I see that there are already 117837 shares sold - so that should be about enough, assuming the current price will hold.
But friedcat said that he would wait till the end of the week, since some bulk order reservations had such a due time.
Activity: 900
Merit: 1014
advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe
How are things going? Six days until the IPO is finished. Wishing everyone the best of luck!
donator
Activity: 1064
He has said before he doesn't have access to internet at all times only when he goes to internet cafes etc.
//DeaDTerra

In fact no. I do have access to internet and don't have to go to internet cafes. But I'm in a different timezone from most of people so I may not reply timely enough.
hm okay sorry I got the idea that you needed to go to a internet cafe.
//DeaDTerra
Jump to: