Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER for dummies? - page 6. (Read 13704 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
March 27, 2013, 09:10:51 AM
I'm using btct.co too https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT and I find it more dummies friendly and fees are acceptable.

So what do you actually get with shares? Do you get a share of the Bitcoins they mine as a dividend? Or is it just a share in a company that's destined to die when the rest of the companies catch up with it.

If you buy the shares give a bitcoin address and recieve bitcoins as dividends then that sounds good and i'd like to buy some shares!
You obviously get a dividend, which the last week was 0,025 BTC per share, the next week it should be higher because they will start mining with the new ASIC which should give them at least 5% of total hashrate. Right now these shares are way overlooked, because BTC stock market is small and because people do not really understand what's going on.
Do your research and never invest more than you can afford to lose.

but this week it'll be lower, because of difficulty rise and new calculation of dividens (till now it was divided by 200k of shares, from now on it will be divided by 400k of shares)

AND because a small divident already happened this week, be sure to add them together or do some math to estimate the next one accurately.

FYI, all costs are paid in RMB (not USD), so that exchange rate matters a bit, but it's not like we are earning in Yuan.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
March 27, 2013, 07:52:00 AM
I'm using btct.co too https://btct.co/security/ASICMINER-PT and I find it more dummies friendly and fees are acceptable.

So what do you actually get with shares? Do you get a share of the Bitcoins they mine as a dividend? Or is it just a share in a company that's destined to die when the rest of the companies catch up with it.

If you buy the shares give a bitcoin address and recieve bitcoins as dividends then that sounds good and i'd like to buy some shares!
You obviously get a dividend, which the last week was 0,025 BTC per share, the next week it should be higher because they will start mining with the new ASIC which should give them at least 5% of total hashrate. Right now these shares are way overlooked, because BTC stock market is small and because people do not really understand what's going on.
Do your research and never invest more than you can afford to lose.

but this week it'll be lower, because of difficulty rise and new calculation of dividens (till now it was divided by 200k of shares, from now on it will be divided by 400k of shares)
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
March 27, 2013, 07:39:34 AM
I've searched the forums, and the ASICMINER thread, at 137 pages long, is rather opaque.  Forum searches turn up lots of noise, as with google searches.

So, as someone who is considering buying in to ASICMINER, I have a few questions, such as
- does ASICMINER have a website
- what's the current (and future) hashing capacity
- how many shares on issue (now and future)
- how are dividends calculated, what is the maintenance costs, what's the dividend payment schedule
- if I "buy" shares from the auction forum, how do I know the person offering the shares actually has shares to sell?
- How are share transfers handled
- would I be better off buying on btct.co than the auction forum, or maybe on some other venue I'm unaware of

Thanks in advance

If you go with the auction forum, definitely use escrow.

btct.co is easier and safer than forum auctions.

btct.co is also easier (no weexchange in the way) and cheaper (transaction fees) than BitFunder.

I think you should mention that you dont buy asicminer shares there but instead passthroughs. So the buyer has a contract with you and you have a contract with friedcat instead the buyer has a contract with friedcat directly. Or can the passthrough shares exchanged to real shares?
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
March 27, 2013, 05:17:20 AM

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004
Lead Blockchain Developer
March 27, 2013, 03:58:09 AM
I've searched the forums, and the ASICMINER thread, at 137 pages long, is rather opaque.  Forum searches turn up lots of noise, as with google searches.

So, as someone who is considering buying in to ASICMINER, I have a few questions, such as
- how are dividends calculated, what is the maintenance costs, what's the dividend payment schedule
- if I "buy" shares from the auction forum, how do I know the person offering the shares actually has shares to sell?
- would I be better off buying on btct.co than the auction forum, or maybe on some other venue I'm unaware of

Thanks in advance

If you go with the auction forum, definitely use escrow.

btct.co is easier and safer than forum auctions.

btct.co is also easier (no weexchange in the way) and cheaper (transaction fees) than BitFunder.
vip
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043
👻
March 27, 2013, 01:09:21 AM
ASICMINER does not have a website.

They currently have around 6 TH, and the next batch will be 50 TH (deployed in April)

400,000 total shares, a little under half are floated.

Let them sign a message from an address having the shares? (Check the div payments)

Share transfers are via PM or email.

Buy it from bitfunder.
Activity: 499
Merit: 500
March 26, 2013, 05:44:01 PM

Thanks in advance

Pages:
Jump to: