Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMiner Rumors - page 4. (Read 13642 times)

legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008
July 26, 2013, 04:24:35 PM
Has anyone actually calculated what an Errupter in hand would need to sell for to be profitable? I bought one at 270 Euro and am at 15 Euro or so in 5 weeks or there abouts!

I just see them as a novelty and to help the network. To buy 3Gh for 1000 is just not worth it right now, though with BFL still behind on the Jalapenos it is a bit amusing.
Now, if they drop the price to 100 dollars for 3Gh, then they will sell like Hotcakes. Can you imagine buying, right now 30 Gh for 1000? I think that is possible.
Come on Chinese  Grin

i don't think we know the price points of the chips and such to be able to price them, the custom stuff i mean.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000
Antifragile
July 26, 2013, 03:55:37 PM
Has anyone actually calculated what an Errupter in hand would need to sell for to be profitable? I bought one at 270 Euro and am at 15 Euro or so in 5 weeks or there abouts!

I just see them as a novelty and to help the network. To buy 3Gh for 1000 is just not worth it right now, though with BFL still behind on the Jalapenos it is a bit amusing.
Now, if they drop the price to 100 dollars for 3Gh, then they will sell like Hotcakes. Can you imagine buying, right now 30 Gh for 1000? I think that is possible.
Come on Chinese  Grin
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
July 26, 2013, 03:42:16 PM
Selling for 0.99 BTC is not a great idea, but those who bought BTC in the $70-80's are still making a little profit.
So for every 100 units, the people facilitating the group buys get 2 "extra" miners. Whether they keep them for personal mining, sell them as part of their offerings or whatever; I see it as a reward for the risk and effort of the group buy. Plus they are still on-the-hook for any malfunctioning miners, although I've not heard of any significant amount.
Thanks!

Yeah, these are not a "reward" in any sense, they are for warranty replacements... sometimes 2/100 is not enough but I still handle warranty anyways.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
July 26, 2013, 03:27:17 PM
Selling for 0.99 BTC is not a great idea, but those who bought BTC in the $70-80's are still making a little profit.

Also, I admire Canary for getting the groups together and being the point-man for these in the US. He has been honest, quick to ship and pass on the best pricing he can. Anyone over 500 units get 0.89 pricing from ASICminer/friedcat. Plus, all orders over 50 get 2% redundancy/extra miners included. So for every 100 units, the people facilitating the group buys get 2 "extra" miners. Whether they keep them for personal mining, sell them as part of their offerings or whatever; I see it as a reward for the risk and effort of the group buy. Plus they are still on-the-hook for any malfunctioning miners, although I've not heard of any significant amount.
Activity: 406
July 26, 2013, 02:59:59 PM
part of the eBay sales satisfies demand for those who do not have btc to spend but rather dollars.

How much do you sell on eBay?  You got quite the business going for ya there Smiley

*cheers*
legendary
Activity: 1134
July 26, 2013, 02:50:38 PM
I just checked the prices on ebay and they are almost similar to the prices here now! Who is selling at those prices now? They must be losing money if they buy at 0.99 BTC?

I am selling those, my average selling price is around 120. Consider the 12% fee selling on ebay I have 108. However, I used the USB to mine the BTC for like a month. The net profit is through mining, not for selling it.

You need to have a strategy selling on ebay. And selling on ebay can transfer a risk of difficulty increase to the buyers.

Do not tell ebay buyer about this.

Game on.
But just 1-2 disputes on ebay and you start losing? I know ebay disputes are rare.
donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
July 26, 2013, 02:41:42 PM
part of the eBay sales satisfies demand for those who do not have btc to spend but rather dollars.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
July 26, 2013, 02:15:13 PM
I just checked the prices on ebay and they are almost similar to the prices here now! Who is selling at those prices now? They must be losing money if they buy at 0.99 BTC?

I am selling those, my average selling price is around 120. Consider the 12% fee selling on ebay I have 108. However, I used the USB to mine the BTC for like a month. The net profit is through mining, not for selling it.

You need to have a strategy selling on ebay. And selling on ebay can transfer a risk of difficulty increase to the buyers.

Do not tell ebay buyer about this.

Game on.
legendary
Activity: 1134
July 26, 2013, 01:32:27 PM
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
July 26, 2013, 01:20:51 PM
My friend already get the 5 USB miner for me for 0.5BTC from a Chinese reseller. It's kind of unfair if the US groupbuys do not have that offer.

Wow. If this is true, that it is only for Chinese resellers, which it appears to be since Friedcat is silent about it, ASICminer will be losing a lot of loyal customers.

I think everyone needs to calm down a peg. Not only is it entirely possible that the Chinese resellers are NOT directly involved with ASICMINER but rather just selling their own privately manufactured USB Eruptors since the Avalon/Asicminer chips are now available and the USB Eruptors design is publicly available, but it is also possible or even likely that ASICMINER simpley haven't made the announcement as they are still busy shipping orders etc.

I have dealt with Canaryinthemine several times and I can pretty much guarantee that is is definitely not keeping any information from anyone.

People also need to remember that is the rumors are true this still does not mean that Canaryinthemine has any obligation to sell 0.1 USB miners. I am not so sure I would even want to package, ship and handle THOUSANDS of very small orders with little to no profit just because ASICMINER decides to change the cost of future products.

Everyone, including myself purchased a product for a price. Not a future product or promise of one.
Agreed, you should expect to pay the same markup he is currently charging for shipping and handling. .14/ unit for orders under 10 and lower handling fees for large orders would be fair in my opinion. Of course, this is assuming the rumors are true.
Activity: 224
July 26, 2013, 11:56:26 AM
My friend already get the 5 USB miner for me for 0.5BTC from a Chinese reseller. It's kind of unfair if the US groupbuys do not have that offer.

Wow. If this is true, that it is only for Chinese resellers, which it appears to be since Friedcat is silent about it, ASICminer will be losing a lot of loyal customers.

I think everyone needs to calm down a peg. Not only is it entirely possible that the Chinese resellers are NOT directly involved with ASICMINER but rather just selling their own privately manufactured USB Eruptors since the Avalon/Asicminer chips are now available and the USB Eruptors design is publicly available, but it is also possible or even likely that ASICMINER simpley haven't made the announcement as they are still busy shipping orders etc.

I have dealt with Canaryinthemine several times and I can pretty much guarantee that is is definitely not keeping any information from anyone.

People also need to remember that is the rumors are true this still does not mean that Canaryinthemine has any obligation to sell 0.1 USB miners. I am not so sure I would even want to package, ship and handle THOUSANDS of very small orders with little to no profit just because ASICMINER decides to change the cost of future products.

Everyone, including myself purchased a product for a price. Not a future product or promise of one.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
July 26, 2013, 11:49:28 AM
I bought 5!  Sign me up for another 5 at 0.1 BTC! Cheesy
Activity: 420
July 26, 2013, 11:26:52 AM
Which is the respectable thing to do.  AM is represented by FriendCat, so it is up to FriendCat to verify, squash, be silent, or post an announcement.  Until there is something on paper for everyone to see, even if agreements are being made behind closed forum PM's, people are free to do as they please.  I put in an order for 20 erupters on GO#14 and didn't cancel when I heard the rumor start spreading.  If everything pans out well, that's 20 more I can get at a deep discount.  If they don't, it is the last 20 I got before the BTC price went up to a point that they're not affordable anymore. Friends buying them has slowed down and it looks like people are gutting one another on prices on other venues, so if resale potential is also gone then I can only hope the rumors are true, otherwise no more hardware for most folks until anyone else is shipping.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 26, 2013, 11:10:28 AM

I personally don't believe that the biggest US seller can not get a answer from Friedcast or ASICminer.   The question is why is he keeping us in the dark?

You mean CanaryInTheMine?  I do not think he would have started this thread if he was trying to keep us in the dark.  

Sales of these USBs are stalled because of these rumors.  Meanwhile the value of the USBs in terms of BTC goes down with each increase in difficulty.  

Allowing rumors of preferential treatment of Chinese resellers to go without comment is tantamount to affirming the rumors.

Friedcat needs to realize that silence is not always golden.

I wont name name, or names of who i was speaking of.  But there are very few main sellers in US.  Do you honestly believe the main one has not had talks with Friedcat and knows a lot more?

If you want to speak of Canary who you mention he specifically says "i don't get involved with rumors" not that he does not know the answer to the rumor.
July 26, 2013, 10:54:31 AM
Could very well be a regional release to ensure they'll have stock for the demand, or waiting on finalized news about new blades before making announcement, who knows.  All we have are rumors, nobody is getting screwed on anything (yet) so we don't have to borrow pitchforks from the BFL haters... yet. Wink
July 26, 2013, 10:35:36 AM

I personally don't believe that the biggest US seller can not get a answer from Friedcast or ASICminer.   The question is why is he keeping us in the dark?
Activity: 32
July 26, 2013, 10:26:45 AM
If this is true, Canary will be swimming in BTC.  He can order as many as he has money for at .1 and then resell them to new customers for the list price... that is, if 100% of previous customers won't redeem the discount for themselves.  But I am not mad at that.

I would even say that Canaryinthemine has no obligation to allow follow up orders just because ASICMINER has changed the "rules" of purchase. All Canaryinthemine did was sell block Eruptors for a fixed price.

They are Group Buys, not fixed-price selling.
Activity: 126
July 26, 2013, 10:19:11 AM
July 26, 2013, 10:14:18 AM
If this is true, Canary will be swimming in BTC.  He can order as many as he has money for at .1 and then resell them to new customers for the list price... that is, if 100% of previous customers won't redeem the discount for themselves.  But I am not mad at that.

I would even say that Canaryinthemine has no obligation to allow follow up orders just because ASICMINER has changed the "rules" of purchase. All Canaryinthemine did was sell block Eruptors for a fixed price.

False.  Major false.  Canary and all other GO leaders have profited off of the system that was setup, but without the people buying GO's would not exist.  Risk/reward.

That said, if I ordered 100 units from someone and then they can turn around and, because of my units, purchase 100 more at a 90% discount and sell them at any price they want, I cry foul.  Yes they have no obligation, but if that were the case I would never join another GO for any of the folks I've purchased them from and I'm sure most community members feel the same.

But, that's all FUD.  I trust the people I ordered from and I trust that they will make good to their customers. Smiley
July 26, 2013, 09:54:53 AM
I think we all hope it's true.  Just seems to be something from either confirming or denying it.  Only time will tell motive.
Pages:
Jump to: