Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 2. (Read 808661 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
March 27, 2015, 01:47:35 PM
What is most unacceptable of this ridiculous offer is not only the price, but the infuriating fact that they want us to wait A MONTH FROM NOW and then 5 WEEKS MORE to receive 1/4 of what we invested!!!!!

For AMHASH: I will send the papers to my friends in the Russian government who will in turn send them to their friends in the Chinese gov. and they will fry you as a cat

For HAVELOCK: I will contact Canadian IRS and denounce the whole maneuver to avoid taxes in Canada, and also file a police report against you and your brother.

Targeting Lightbox who sold his exchange to havelock won't really work mate
Got to go to Panama and get the panama group

As for the Russia to China target that one seems amusing

We are 4 shareholders and we are not going to accept this joke! We started the diplomatic correspondence with Chinese Embassy and we will put those scammers in jail, where they belong!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
March 25, 2015, 10:55:43 PM
What is most unacceptable of this ridiculous offer is not only the price, but the infuriating fact that they want us to wait A MONTH FROM NOW and then 5 WEEKS MORE to receive 1/4 of what we invested!!!!!

For AMHASH: I will send the papers to my friends in the Russian government who will in turn send them to their friends in the Chinese gov. and they will fry you as a cat

For HAVELOCK: I will contact Canadian IRS and denounce the whole maneuver to avoid taxes in Canada, and also file a police report against you and your brother.

Targeting Lightbox who sold his exchange to havelock won't really work mate
Got to go to Panama and get the panama group

As for the Russia to China target that one seems amusing
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010
Ad maiora!
March 25, 2015, 09:07:08 PM

delta roger delta, airwolf
I'll call CSIS, FEMA, and the man from U.N.C.L.E.
asic miner is the root of your problems
FC is the guy you wanna track down
he took all the btc
everything else was just a house of cards
i still can't figure out if it was brilliantly masterminded
or we victims are just that easy to rob?
Activity: 761
Merit: 500
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
March 25, 2015, 09:04:51 PM

You are funny when you're angry.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Havelock robbed me 170BTC
March 25, 2015, 06:33:27 PM

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000
Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom
March 25, 2015, 03:09:01 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
March 19, 2015, 05:52:04 AM
Guys go to the main thread and read Jutarul's last post, especially the last two sentences......

ASICMINER is DONE. Really!
Activity: 517
Merit: 501
March 12, 2015, 04:33:58 AM
Who is DAVID.FAN(Co founder of ASICMINER??  Was he ever mentioned before?  Translation of Chinese name?

He's apparently the co-founder of AM together with Friedcat. (see main AM thread)
legendary
March 11, 2015, 05:47:56 PM
Transferring Jutaruls post from the main AM thread to speculation as well
Seems to confirm most of what we already know and provides the Boards Position on this

Let me break the silence, since many have wondered about the events on the board and among major shareholders. I apologize to all who sent me messages and didn't get a reply. But the situation at ASICMINER is simply hard to diagnose without first hand information. I guess I speak for every major shareholder when I say that no one saw the current situation coming. Sure - the company has been struggling lately, in part because the window of opportunity closed quickly and ASICMINER didn't move as fast as some of the competition. However, seeing how ASICMINER got hit by a double whammy of first loosing its farm and then its CEO is quite disturbing, to say the least.

The situation surrounding Rockminer is complex. I am saddened to see such an aggressive stand of Rockminer towards ASICMINER. I can only suspect that they are getting a lot of pressure themselves. However, there are more professional ways to deal with the issue than to clutter the internet with confidential material - that alone speaks volumes. The only excuse I can see for this is that ASICMINER so far has dealt with the situation poorly - and this is inexcusable.

The contractual obligations are currently being analyzed. So far it is clear that there seems to be no real clause which defines who is liable for events like theft or fire. Obviously, there has been no insurance plan either. The general rule for situations like these is that any clear liability assignment is commercially not viable and the affected parties have to sort it out somehow. The problem is that the product AMHash theoretically involves 5 Parties (Operator, Manufacturer, HashLord, Contract Platform, Contract Holder), of which neither has the ability to absorb the damage alone.  So far the overall understanding is that ASICMINER should carry some responsibility - however, the ability of the company to deal with the current fallout is hampered. Pressuring the company to do anything which it can't deliver is not productive.

I hear that some parties are considering legal steps. Let me tell you that from experience this won't end well for anybody and only results in wasting money on the parasitic elements of our economy. What we need in the current situation is a leadership figure who seeks compromise. This crisis won't be solved overnight. If a solution is reached it's likely gonna be a 2 year plan or some form of agreeable settlement. I hope I didn't shock anybody with this assessment.

Regarding the shareholding. It has been of a lower priority. For everyone who is holding shares and has traded recently, please preserve the full trail up to the last checkpoint, which means the cryptographic signatures which are used to authorize reassignment of shares. If traded unsafely, there is no guarantee that the ownership can be confirmed. Beware of double spending vectors in OTC transactions and use escrow if possible.

I saw some claim for the board not doing its work. Unfortunately there is no job description for board members, nor do they have an official duty with the company (unless a board member decides to get actively involved with the business). The conclusion which was already drawn a long time ago is that proper assessment requires boots on the ground. But those who actually were, never developed the habit of fiduciary reporting. AM Management always enjoyed a lax handling. I am not certain whether a stronger hand would have helped though. The business is tough. One little detail though - FC was always conflicted which information to release to the board and which not - especially since some of the board members have a conflict of interest because they are working for the competition. As such we covered mostly the baseline of sticking to financial statements as required by law.

According to the latest status the BE300 is confirmed and working. However, to bring the chip to market requires FIXED COST + COST PER CHIP + BUILD OUT COST. The funding situation for this is dire and it would require a new investor or a big buyer who has to be certain that he gets what he is promised. There are two scenarios where this could be quickly achieved:
a) A bitcoin price explosion would release dormant capital instantly shifting the reward/risk ratio.
b) A new type of investor who enjoys preferred treatment over AM Shareholders for the financing of the BE300 tech. Likely implemented as a joint venture.

I will collect further questions via PM and answer them publicly. I am certain I missed a few important points in this post.

Regards

Also adding David Fan's statement current ASICMINER Rep according to Phasebird

UPDATE: the following info is literally wrote from David.Fan  (Co founder of ASICMINER)

STATEMENT FROM DAVID.FAN

Dear customers and clients,

The last few weeks have not been easy for the company. Friedcat went missing and this caused an interruption with the business. We are slowly recovering from the loss in company leadership.

First, the company is still operating, albeit at a reduced employee count. The physical location of our new office is currently confidential to guarantee an undisturbed office environment. Our sales contact is still the same. For all other requests please contact us through our general help line (email: [email protected]).

With friedcat missing, the current management of the company is carried out by David Fan temporarily. We will keep you informed of any significant changes, as we are still developing a long term solution to the current situation. We understand that many people are concerned about friedcat and his safety. We ask to not spread any misleading rumors and not pursue speculation.

Due to unforeseen events , the computational that power AMHash managed by RockMiner has become unavailable. We are sorry for the resulting damage experienced by any third parties. We are doing everything in our power to mitigate the damage.

Yours truly,
ASICMINER Management

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Honest 80s business!
March 11, 2015, 09:39:40 AM
There is an on-going thread with an active discussion on one of the chinese social networking sites. I cannot translate well so the bits and pieces I can parse through insinuates they are trying to and may have found Fried Cat:

http://8btc.com/thread-14566-10-1.html

Already responded in the other thread, but a quick translation of posts from today says that they have not found him, but that there are 'more and more doubts'!!!
Activity: 617
Merit: 559
March 11, 2015, 09:26:35 AM
There is an on-going thread with an active discussion on one of the chinese social networking sites. I cannot translate well so the bits and pieces I can parse through insinuates they are trying to and may have found Fried Cat:

http://8btc.com/thread-14566-10-1.html
Activity: 350
Honest 80s business!
March 11, 2015, 09:10:22 AM
They need to buy everyone out who is holding AMHash shares for sure, but not AM shares. I think that AM really tried for gens 2,3,4 and just couldn't compete due to being a 1 man show versus real companies. I think FC built and killed this company all at the same time. Anyone who got in during the IPO made a killing and gen 1 was a great success. After gen 1 when they got some competition they just couldn't compete.

If they deem the company not profitable anymore, what should they do with the assets? Sure, 'take the money and run' comes to mind, but I'm talking about the legal and moral right thing to do: Buy back the shares, yeah.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
March 11, 2015, 07:48:45 AM
They need to buy everyone out who is holding AMHash shares for sure, but not AM shares. I think that AM really tried for gens 2,3,4 and just couldn't compete due to being a 1 man show versus real companies. I think FC built and killed this company all at the same time. Anyone who got in during the IPO made a killing and gen 1 was a great success. After gen 1 when they got some competition they just couldn't compete.
Activity: 280
Relax!
March 11, 2015, 07:24:06 AM
...One could go and argue that Havelock owns the AM shares ...

Yeah, one could.  One would be dead wrong tho.  Funny you bring up TaT, haven't seen much of him after that NeoBee thingy.  Funny how people just sorta fade out, Starfish, TaT...

Still ghosting but he's on Bitcoin-Assets and then went off to twitter
http://log.bitcoin-assets.com/

Meanwhile shares hold their resistance at 0.01
Well if there was a miracle IPO price would be 10X returns better than a Ponzi (Investor Based Games) perhaps lol.

How many would now be HAPPY to take IPO price as a forced buy back?

Yeah man, I think it'd be a definite possibility to just call it quits and buy back all shares at IPO price... I mean it would only cost 40k BTC in total, and I think this would be doable for AM (if the funds are still accessible), esp. considering they only need to buy back all non-Bitfountain shares...

Why would they buy back the shares? You think they really care about you investors at all? Take a look back at the last year...wake up.

Well if they really are honest people (like they and some others still claim) and this is just a huge huge hiccup, this could be their best way of ending this all gracefully.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
March 11, 2015, 03:46:26 AM

AsicMiner -> Amhash Scam
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
March 10, 2015, 02:55:33 PM

Yeah, one could.  One would be dead wrong tho.  Funny you bring up TaT, haven't seen much of him after that NeoBee thingy.  Funny how people just sorta fade out, Starfish, TaT...

Well if there was a miracle IPO price would be 10X returns better than a Ponzi (Investor Based Games) perhaps lol.

Yeah man, I think it'd be a definite possibility to just call it quits and buy back all shares at IPO price... I mean it would only cost 40k BTC in total, and I think this would be doable for AM (if the funds are still accessible), esp. considering they only need to buy back all non-Bitfountain shares...

Why would they buy back the shares? You think they really care about you investors at all? Take a look back at the last year...wake up.

+1 its Time to move on.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
March 10, 2015, 02:33:07 PM

Yeah, one could.  One would be dead wrong tho.  Funny you bring up TaT, haven't seen much of him after that NeoBee thingy.  Funny how people just sorta fade out, Starfish, TaT...

legendary
March 10, 2015, 02:30:51 PM

Honestly I was wondering why AM didn't buy back it's equity shares earlier

The reason they delayed to begin with was because they were giving perks to shareholders backed by shares to develop their mining farms etc by offering a discount backed by share holdings.

Seeing how that plan turned out and the reason they left that project as a sideproject and went with something else, there are not to many shareholder benefits, so a forced buyback made/makes sense.

Also works because you can redistribute those boughtback shares as equity in the future while retaining control, but guess it was not considered as a smart investment strategy.
Activity: 280
Relax!
March 10, 2015, 02:26:02 PM

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259
March 10, 2015, 02:22:26 PM

Pages:
Jump to: