Pages:
Author

Topic: ATIFlash/ATIWinFlash does NOT work on the latest/current Windows 10 update - page 2. (Read 7545 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
doesn’t work, any other solution?

Make sure to run your command prompt as administrator. What error message is being displayed?
TGJ
Activity: 173
Merit: 5
I reinstalled Windows 10 1607, got the iso from windowsiso.net. This version worked.
Activity: 29
Activity: 70
What version of Windows 10 are you running (winver)? Version 1803?
What version of ATI WinFlash? AMD/ATI ATIFlash 2.77?
What GPUs are you trying to flash and what is the exact error you're getting?

Windows 10 pro 1803 version.
ATI 2.77
The AtiFlash didnt start at all. No visible errors.

Also after the win update moded bios of RX580 card is "locked" and I cant change settings with wattman or overdriveNTool.

Thanks.

you can also use it with CMD it does work with the newest version of windows that way . I use it with it CMD aka command prompt black screen the GUI part doesn't seems to work right with the April update 1803 .

find the dir it's in CD to it then use this line .  

atiwinflash -f -p 0 your_bios_name .rom

atiwinflash -f -p 0 zero is the first GPU in the rig so to be safe i would only do one card at a time and unhook the others till you know more or are sure what to do . make sure the modded Bios is in the same dir as the atiwinflash.exe or it gives a error flashing the card with CMD.

Nice! Worked for me too.
Activity: 53
Same as here several days ago. I have to reinstall windows 10, and never update it anymore, and everything work fine.
I think that happen with windows's update 1803 because many forum says atiflash can not work at that ver update. So from that conclusion we can say don't update to 1803 again if we want to mod bios.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
What version of Windows 10 are you running (winver)? Version 1803?
What version of ATI WinFlash? AMD/ATI ATIFlash 2.77?
What GPUs are you trying to flash and what is the exact error you're getting?

Windows 10 pro 1803 version.
ATI 2.77
The AtiFlash didnt start at all. No visible errors.

Also after the win update moded bios of RX580 card is "locked" and I cant change settings with wattman or overdriveNTool.

Thanks.

you can also use it with CMD it does work with the newest version of windows that way . I use it with it CMD aka command prompt black screen the GUI part doesn't seems to work right with the April update 1803 .

find the dir it's in CD to it then use this line . 

atiwinflash -f -p 0 your_bios_name .rom

atiwinflash -f -p 0 zero is the first GPU in the rig so to be safe i would only do one card at a time and unhook the others till you know more or are sure what to do . make sure the modded Bios is in the same dir as the atiwinflash.exe or it gives a error flashing the card with CMD.

This worked for me.
Updated three out of four AMD rigs to 1803 and was able to flash the RX 570's using Atiflash (opening command prompt in admin mode and flashing using command line).
TGJ
Activity: 173
Merit: 5
Is there a way to create a bootable usb with an older version of Windows 10?
Activity: 123
Merit: 10
use a virtual drive and boot windows 1709 that way if you don't want to go back . i got it work using a program like https://msfn.org/board/topic/149612-winntsetup-v390/  WinNTSetup v3.9.0  you can delete the Virtual drive once your done .
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
sys files from AtiFlash is signed by ATI technologies in 2006. All 3 drivers is old from 2006...
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Then twitter storm to ask AMD for an update !
Does anyone know how to contact the authors ?
As I know utility maded by AMD. Look at certificate in signing.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Does anyone know how to contact the authors ?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Anybody got a solution on that ? No i dont want to go back because at one point i will need to update.

Well at one point, authors will have to update for it.
Activity: 33
Anybody got a solution on that ? No i dont want to go back because at one point i will need to update.
Activity: 33
SAME Sad

It created errors in Event Viewer /Adm Events
Event ID: 1000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error code: 0x00001eb7

Everytime you try to run it through CLI
hello,

anyone else looking in event viewer?

when is try to start atiflash i get error message about the "AUEPMaster.exe" = AMD User Experience - maybe thats the problem?
I didn't have this message in event viewer. Only that loading of driver atidgllk.sys was blocked.
Activity: 361
Merit: 16
hello,

anyone else looking in event viewer?

when is try to start atiflash i get error message about the "AUEPMaster.exe" = AMD User Experience - maybe thats the problem?
Activity: 440
Merit: 100
Roobet
Looks like Uncle Bill build bigest crypto mining farm on planet with windows 1803.
CPU usage of system 25-30% even if you dont do nothing with comp.
CMD dont work, ATIFLASH dont work..... looks like Uncle BILL want to destroy mining.
It is SUCKS!!!!!!!!
Someone should sued him for those scam windows updates.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
What about mining with other os? Windows are better?

It depends, I myself find windows a lot better, if linux had something that only linux has then linux would be better, as right now, none is better, is about preference. For example, people said the windows was to blame concerning the asus b250 mining expert working with only 13 gpus, since nobody came with the idea of making the b250 mining expert with 19 gpus to work on linux then now they dont blame the windows anymore. See my point.
Pages:
Jump to: