Pages:
Author

Topic: ATIFlash/ATIWinFlash does NOT work on the latest/current Windows 10 update - page 3. (Read 7545 times)

Activity: 198
Merit: 10
What about mining with other os? Windows are better?
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
Interesting, that version 2.67 runs, but it didn't have Polaris support... Any version after 2.67 didn't runs on 1803 build.

Does it work on command prompt? cmd as admin?
cmd as admin. Not works.

So windows 1803 is pretty much useless for mining, time to time miners need to flash the bios, need to send the word to program authors.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
Interesting, that version 2.67 runs, but it didn't have Polaris support... Any version after 2.67 didn't runs on 1803 build.

cmd as admin. Not works.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster

Is ATIWinFlash being ran as an Admin (right-click, Run as Admininstrator)? I don't currently have a way of testing this, so I'm attempting to help blind, so to speak.
Has anyone tried turning off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and then running ATI WinFlash?
    Right-click on This PC.
    Choose Properties.
    Click Advanced system settings.
    On the System Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
    In the Performance section, click Settings.
    Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    Click to select the radio button next to Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.
    Click OK.
    Attempt to run ATIWinFlash as an Admin (right-click, Run as Administrator).

How about disabling (temporarily) Windows Defender and/or other Antivirus software you may have installed?
Tried to run as Admin and without him.
Tried compatibility modes.
DEP enabled only for essential Windows programs and services only.
Tried to disable AV.
Nothing helps.

Activity: 59
Merit: 11
Is ATIWinFlash being ran as an Admin (right-click, Run as Admininstrator)? I don't currently have a way of testing this, so I'm attempting to help blind, so to speak.
Has anyone tried turning off Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and then running ATI WinFlash?
    Right-click on This PC.
    Choose Properties.
    Click Advanced system settings.
    On the System Properties window, click the Advanced tab.
    In the Performance section, click Settings.
    Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
    Click to select the radio button next to Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only.
    Click OK.
    Attempt to run ATIWinFlash as an Admin (right-click, Run as Administrator).

How about disabling (temporarily) Windows Defender and/or other Antivirus software you may have installed?
The only solution I found is to revert to the previous windows version. A lot of problems with the update.
Early or later we will use 1803 version. It's not a solution...
The only solution I found is to revert to the previous windows version. A lot of problems with the update.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Can concur on this issue, did a fresh install on a rig yesterday with 1803 ISO, could not get system stable (high cpu usage with 12 gpu rig) and ATiFlash refused to work (does nothing when you run it)

Reverted back 1709 and it works fine.
Windows 10 1803. AtiFlash 2.77 didn't work. No errors at start. But in the event viewer it's error on driver that AtiFlash use for work.
It's atidgllk.sys
On latest 1803 this driver can't be loaded by AtiFlash.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
Same issue here. ATI WINFLASH needs updated to cooperate with the latest Windows 10 update.
What version of Windows 10 are you running (winver)? Version 1803?
What version of ATI WinFlash? AMD/ATI ATIFlash 2.77?
What GPUs are you trying to flash and what is the exact error you're getting?

Windows 10 pro 1803 version.
ATI 2.77
The AtiFlash didnt start at all. No visible errors.

Also after the win update moded bios of RX580 card is "locked" and I cant change settings with wattman or overdriveNTool.

Thanks.
Activity: 123

he may need to look at the build for 1803 it had a update sense it came out it did work with 1803 17134.1 now its up to 1803 17134.48 it won't work for me either with 17134.48 but does with 17134.1 or did .

if hes having the same issue I am no error click it, it acts like it wants to work the mouse spins then stops and nothing.
Activity: 59
Merit: 11
Activity: 123
works for me or did the other day after i updated to the April update i bought a new 570 was able to use it .

try windows clean install ?  maybe . i all ways do a clean install with those kind of updates .

Mine worked now it doesn't ,I see they did another update sense the April update or spring update i leave auto updates on.

take it back to either the first spring update with system restore or a back up iF you have one then try or go back to 1709 and use it then up update back  . or go to

TechPowerUp Forums
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/

they write the ATIFlash/ATIWinFlash tool .

or watch here for updates .
https://www.techpowerup.com/download/
Pages:
Jump to: