Pages:
Author

Topic: Atomic Wallet - Dangerous? - page 2. (Read 324 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
June 10, 2019, 09:08:17 AM
the less popular the wallets the harder it is to trust them because they are not reviewed and can have any kind of back doors and shady things inside of them, so the answer to your question is "maybe".

the only thing you can do is go find the source code of the wallet you are trying to install and then download the source code (assuming it is open source, if it is not then stay the hell away). the review the code yourself and see what it is doing and then use it.
Activity: 602
Merit: 2
June 10, 2019, 09:06:15 AM
First of all, this wallet was not bad, but it came out quite recently. Secondly, it is not known what is trying to crawl into your system under it. Perhaps you visited the scam website and downloaded the wrong product. It is worth all to double-check before installing.
copper member
Activity: 349
Merit: 0
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP
June 10, 2019, 08:59:13 AM
I got a msg when i tried to download and install Atomic Wallet onto my Windows 7 of Acer notebook. How do you think? Can i install this wallet?

This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep attomicwallet.exe anyway? [KEEP] [DISCARD] tabs

This is not applicable to Atomic wallet only, almost all of them does that especially when you are downloading through Chrome. Once I am downloading from a reliable source i don't mind
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1603
hmph..
June 10, 2019, 08:41:41 AM
If you are trying to download from Google Chrome, some times system on this browser give warning about downloaded wallet. If you are on official websites, and still got this warning just ignore that warning. But, if you are download from outside (not from official sites) please don't continue download to help you avoid bad scripts on wallet.

DYOR.
Activity: 1382
Merit: 105
June 10, 2019, 08:33:05 AM
As you know Atomic wallet is trusty wallet and this is not scam and no any harmful file in Atomic wallet so no any issue in Atomic wallet.
copper member
Activity: 322
Merit: 8
June 10, 2019, 08:01:05 AM
Like everyone has been posting. Are you sure you downloaded the application from the official source? That is atomic wallet official website? There are a lot of phishing applications online which have been carefully created to steal your keys and hack your wallet. Be safe.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
June 10, 2019, 05:57:40 AM
I got a msg when i tried to download and install Atomic Wallet onto my Windows 7 of Acer notebook. How do you think? Can i install this wallet?

This type of file can harm your computer. Do you want to keep attomicwallet.exe anyway? [KEEP] [DISCARD] tabs

This is the common warning when installing any wallets on windows. If you download it from the official source, there won't be any problem.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857
June 10, 2019, 05:32:39 AM

You need to install from the official website. And there the file is called "atomicwallet". Your file is "attomicwallet". And in General it is better to install on the phone from the official app store.
Activity: 756
Merit: 13
DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange
June 10, 2019, 04:29:16 AM
I do get similar notifications when downloading third party apps and softwares but usually they are safe but still i would say that you should stay alert and do more due diligence as the new wallets and exchanges can be unsafe so i recommend to use reputed and established wallets only.
Activity: 861
Merit: 281
June 10, 2019, 04:23:10 AM
Where did you download it from? I hope from the official link? Did you check for SSH certification of the website before-hand?
Anyway, Chrome does acts like this when you try to download some particular wallets or miners. It's safe unless you know you didn't download it from a proper source.
Activity: 132
Merit: 3
June 10, 2019, 01:21:08 AM

Pages:
Jump to: