Pages:
Author

Topic: ATP [Advanced Trading Platform] - page 6. (Read 20894 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 101
June 18, 2013, 05:50:12 PM
Aido what do you think about us implementing something like this for trading logic?
http://www.eclipsetrader.org/wiki/JavaScriptReference

Signals in ATPx will likely all be individual modules registered with a "SignalManager" object which itself is a tick consumer.
When a tick comes in from the exchange it would notify the SignalManager which would then notify the individual signal modules.

Trading logic would register itself with all the relevant signal modules, and be notified when a signal changes state or value.  It would then check to see if the current state of signals demands a trade. 

If we implement the programmable trading logic as javascript, anyone could write their own trade logic and modify it on the fly if necessary.

June 18, 2013, 05:14:08 PM
Any news on the streaming ticker?

Due to big changes made to the XChange 1.7.0 methods for creating a streaming ticker it is now a bit more difficult to implement one in AidoATP than it was previously. It is on my TODO list but I'm working on a a couple of other things at the moment. e.g. I have totally rewritten the arbitrage code which I hope to commit to Github over the next few days. After that I plan to implement TA-Lib. After these two changes are in a somewhat working shape I will then look at the streaming ticker again.

I've been looking closer at TA-Lib and probably won't be putting it into ATPx.  There's no javadoc I could find on it, the forums don't seem to be working on my end and the last release was 2007.  I just don't see a way to integrate this library.

ATPx also won't be using the eXchange API from ATP.  The library is making too many assumptions I don't like and if MtGox or any other places changes something we are hosed until they put in a patch to the lib.  I'm working on a new interface that uses the streaming sockets API for MtGox.
Activity: 248
Merit: 250
1. Collect underpants 2. ? 3. Profit
June 18, 2013, 04:17:03 PM
Hi Askit2,

Have a chat with Ianwhitbread. Sorry, I am a bit too lazy at the moment to search back through the thread, but it seems he had hit upon a winning formula and was happy enough with the small but consistent profit ATP was generating (barring MtGox cock ups that is).

Maybe if you ask him nicely he will tell you his secret.

Mental note to self....ask Ianwhitbread for his config settings  Smiley
Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
June 18, 2013, 03:42:24 PM
I appreciate all your hard work.

With the max tick set to 120 and the polling set to 30 I have a USD ticker size of 100..... in a perfect world I should have 240 ticks. In the real world I am not sure I should be under 50% but MTGoXs ticker doesn't reliably give me a response twice a minute or even once a minute. Setting max tick to 60 gave me even worse trades.

I like ATP and think that without the missing data I might actually see a profit. Today I get to trade back from -7%. This isn't the worst day ATP has had. and likely will not be the worst day it ever has. Since ATP trades me 100% or as close as it can into fiat if the market ever goes up I get huge losses. This would usually be counteracted by selling around the trend but for the life of me I have found only one way to make it sell. Risk algo 3 and max loss 1 when the market is down big or at least down often. I can't watch it 24/7 to swap algorithms and I don't think it should have as much trouble selling.

I know the weighting system is likely what I am running into. Short of having 30$ it won't sell anything. My balance isn't high enough to keep that much of a slush fund. So I see losses and trade manually back out of them.
June 18, 2013, 03:14:29 PM

Due to big changes made to the XChange 1.7.0 methods for creating a streaming ticker it is now a bit more difficult to implement one in AidoATP than it was previously. It is on my TODO list but I'm working on a a couple of other things at the moment. e.g. I have totally rewritten the arbitrage code which I hope to commit to Github over the next few days. After that I plan to implement TA-Lib. After these two changes are in a somewhat working shape I will then look at the streaming ticker again.
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
June 18, 2013, 03:09:43 PM
the problem are the high fees on gox...
June 18, 2013, 03:01:51 PM

I only ask because (I can afford to lose the money) I get buys from ATP frequently but virtually never a sell. Its like the 2-5 minute breaks in prices cover all the best prices. Are the buys profitable? Sure If I sat on MTGoX to sell when it dropped enough.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
June 18, 2013, 03:03:49 AM
Yes sure nova

I will try to do it this morning

Thank you

Ian

June 17, 2013, 08:11:39 PM
hope all is well with you Aido, you have been kinda silent lately

All is well Ianwhitbread, thanks for asking. I'm just quietly plotting the next move in my world domination masterplan!  Smiley

I've been toying with the idea of using the TA-Lib Technical Analysis Library in AidoATP. Once the library has been integrated into the code it will give easy access to over 200 indicators such as ADX, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Bollinger Bands etc.

I'm not sure yet, it would take a bit of work and its summertime in the northern hemisphere.

That's actually an awesome little library.  I'll get it into ATPx right away too.
June 17, 2013, 08:10:30 PM
bloody prime example

just gone back online

last trade before the going offline

sold at $99

first trade going back online buy at $100

sorry just had to get that off my chest

if the ATP was online all the time  no way would it done that trade

it has been 3 days without a duff trade. now this happens

Thank you MTGOX

sorry Aido and Nova

It should not have done that.  If it's been offline for an hour or more the old ticks should have completely expired out and it should have gone back into observation mode.
Can you post your configuration sans any secret bits like MtGox API key?  I'm curious as to why it would have executed like that.  Also how much did you lose on that trade?
June 17, 2013, 02:17:30 AM
My goodness me

Who thinks of the names on this list

Think I better go back to school to find out
What all of these name do!  Lol

Yes very hard to sit behind a computer when the sun is out
Even harder if you live near a beach or park

At least we all know your not a vampire now
It's good to get a bit of sun, keeps us all happy. Smiley

June 16, 2013, 08:35:12 PM

All is well Ianwhitbread, thanks for asking. I'm just quietly plotting the next move in my world domination masterplan!  Smiley

I've been toying with the idea of using the TA-Lib Technical Analysis Library in AidoATP. Once the library has been integrated into the code it will give easy access to over 200 indicators such as ADX, MACD, RSI, Stochastic, Bollinger Bands etc.

I'm not sure yet, it would take a bit of work and its summertime in the northern hemisphere.
June 16, 2013, 06:17:11 PM
bloody prime example

just gone back online

last trade before the going offline

sold at $99

first trade going back online buy at $100

sorry just had to get that off my chest

if the ATP was online all the time  no way would it done that trade

it has been 3 days without a duff trade. now this happens

Thank you MTGOX

sorry Aido and Nova

June 16, 2013, 06:09:47 PM
Back online now
June 16, 2013, 05:47:47 PM
Yeah Tell me about it just when the ATP has behaving its self so well and BANG!  pop goes mtgox

Im sure Mtgox does it on purpose if not changing the API more times then I have hot dinners  then they simple go offline

just to note I can not even login  on the website

so totally frozen out

really makes me angry as I was doing well

now when I start the atp  who knows what it will do, sell or buy!  because the collected data will be out of sync

and grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

just so bloody angry!!!!

June 16, 2013, 05:40:28 PM
Same error just slightly different debug.

Code:

2013-06-16 15:31:24,034 ←[1;31m:←[0;39m ERROR: Caught unexpected exception, shutting down MtGox trend following trading agent now!
. Details are listed below.
com.xeiam.xchange.ExchangeException: Error calling getAccountInfo(): CONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is curren
tly not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the
 error.
        at com.xeiam.xchange.mtgox.v2.service.polling.MtGoxPollingAccountService.getAccountInfo(MtGoxPollingAccountService.java:89
)
        at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.refreshAccounts(AccountManager.java:121)
        at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.getBalance(AccountManager.java:105)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.evalAsk(TrendTradingAgent.java:394)
        at org.aido.atp.TrendTradingAgent.run(TrendTradingAgent.java:344)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I really wish MTGoX was a little more reliable.
June 16, 2013, 05:32:31 PM
sigh

why does MTgox have to make changes or go offline so often

got this error

2013-06-16 22:21:16,785 : WARNING: Testing connection to exchange MtGox
Exception in thread "Thread-3" com.xeiam.xchange.ExchangeException: Error calling getAccountInfo(): CONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.
   at com.xeiam.xchange.mtgox.v2.service.polling.MtGoxPollingAccountService.getAccoun tInfo(MtGoxPollingAccountService.java:89)
   at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.refreshAccounts(AccountManager.java:121)
   at org.aido.atp.AccountManager.run(AccountManager.java:101)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

im sure its not ATP  as I cant even login on the website

roll on other support for different platforms

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 16, 2013, 04:47:44 AM
I'll let the code answer this:

https://github.com/aido/AidoATP/blob/master/src/main/java/org/aido/atp/TrendTradingAgent.java#L267

Code:
if (currentBid.isGreaterThan(vwap)) {
tradeIndicator.put("VWAPCross_Up",true);
} else if (currentAsk.isLessThan(vwap)) {
tradeIndicator.put("VWAPCross_Down",true);
}

So, VWAPCross_Up is true when last price > VWAP (i.e. current price has crossed up above VWAP, up trend) and VWAPCross_Down is true when last price < VWAP (i.e. current price has crossed down below VWAP, down trend).

Maybe Probably my choice of terms 'up' and 'down' was not the best.

The VWAP Cross indicator should probably be used in tandem with one of the other indicators.

Although, looking at the code now my description in the README isn't quite accurate. It uses current bid and current ask instead of last; a slight difference.

This taken into consideration if I want to use vwapcross algo correctly should my ask and bid logic look like this:

ask_logic: ADS_Down && VWAPCross_Down
bid_logic: ADS_Up && VWAPCross_Up

Or did I completely misunderstand the readme:

The trend observer functionality constantly monitors the market for trends. A combination of the Advance/Decline Spread, SMA and EMA algorithms decide what way the market is trending.

Market Trending Down = Look at buying
Market Trending Up = Look at selling
Once it is decided the trend is up (ask) or down (bid) it then compares the last transaction to the VWAP.

The ratio of last price versus VWAP is used as a waterline to make the final determination that we will take an action.

If trend = down & last < VWAP then buy
If trend = up & last > VWAP then sell
June 15, 2013, 04:52:19 PM
Sorry, sometimes I just can't resist a smart ass comment.

Have a read through the thread.

e.g.

The vwapcross algo actually has decent performance and regular revenue generation in a static market.
You need to set the algorithm to high risk (when the market is flat like it's been), set the minimum currency trade size to 0.01, the minimum BTC to the exchange minimum for MtGox this is 0.001, the max local currency to 1, the max BTC to 0.1 ($10 is a lot of money to me and BTC is currently $120ish). Max loss tolerance of 0.25 (this translates to a risk of between 1 penny and 1 quarter).
Then you need to enable trading across multiple currencies such as GBP, EUR & USD. (I've got all currencies enabled, but performance seems to be in those 3).
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
June 15, 2013, 04:15:40 PM
What's your advice on bid and ask logic ?

I advise using bid and ask logic that will make a profit  Grin

Right ! ^^

have you tested some things yet ?
Pages:
Jump to: