Pages:
Author

Topic: AUCTION - 30x 1BTC (Series1) Casascius coin - page 4. (Read 10279 times)

donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
Okay, 71 last bid. Not, because I wouldn't bid more, but because I need sleep   Angry

If people need to go and would like someone to help proxy bid, I can do that.
Basically, PM with the maximum bid you are willing to bid, I and will help you bid until either you win or the bid has passed your max bid.
And if there's any doubt, forum moderators can confirm the PMs. I think that's fair, right?
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
72 BTC

See you all at 12:24!!!!!!
donator
Sleep for 7 hours, it may be still going strong if ppl snipe every hr after 24:00 UTC.

Maybe the best thing to do is a silent auction. Have everyone send me their max bid. When the auction is over, the winner is the first person that sent me the highest max bid, and he only needs to pay the 2nd highest bid + the increment. No stress, no staying up, but total surprise. Smiley

Might consider it if I do another auction.

btw, extending for  1 hr is excessive imo, if someone is interested in bidding 5 or max 10 minutes is plenty, better still 2 mins as Casascius successful auctions or it could drag out for ever & many ppl aren't going to devote that much time to checking it every hour I expect if it gets bumped by last min bids.

I agree. I think it's too late for this auction. I might change it for my other auctions.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
btw, extending for  1 hr is excessive imo, if someone is interested in bidding 5 or max 10 minutes is plenty, better still 2 mins as Casascius successful auctions or it could drag out for ever & many ppl aren't going to devote that much time to checking it every hour I expect if it gets bumped by last min bids.
donator
Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105
Sleep for 7 hours, it may be still going strong if ppl snipe every hr after 24:00 UTC.
qwk
donator
Activity: 3542
Merit: 3411
Shitcoin Minimalist
Okay, 71 last bid. Not, because I wouldn't bid more, but because I need sleep   Angry
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Oh my, this is gonna be a long night.  Roll Eyes
donator

This bid is not valid as someone else already bid 70
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
donator
Activity: 668
Merit: 500
70 BTC
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
When Casascius did his it was 24hrs, 2 min extensions and there was a ton of activity.

relax and don't bid plz
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
We have people from all over the world, so it's not possible to please everyone. I wonder what's the best time to end an auction.

If in doubt, go for USA, I guess. Also depending on where you yourself are located, obviously.
When Casascius did his it was 24hrs, 2 min extensions and there was a ton of activity.
3 day and a fixed end time. Bid what your willing to bid, if not you lose. Whether its an hour or 15 min extensions there is snipping.
donator
Yeah, the timezone of the seller suxx    Roll Eyes

No offence, but I'll need some sleep  Grin

We have people from all over the world, so it's not possible to please everyone. I wonder what's the best time to end an auction.

Future reference most people have ADD. Waiting a week for an auction to end them extending it by an hour for every bid is exhausting and makes people lose interest. I totally forgot it was ending today.

If the auction is only 3 days, people might not hear about it. And if there's no bid delay, then people won't bid normally and will all try to snipe at the last second. So what's a better way?
Future reference most people have ADD. Waiting a week for an auction to end them extending it by an hour for every bid is exhausting and makes people lose interest. I totally forgot it was ending today.
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Yeah, the timezone of the seller suxx    Roll Eyes

No offence, but I'll need some sleep  Grin
donator

can everybody just stop, I have to go to sleep Smiley

If you bid 150, I'm pretty sure people will stop. :p
Activity: 530
Merit: 500

can everybody just stop, I have to go to sleep Smiley
qwk
donator
Shitcoin Minimalist
Pages:
Jump to: