Pages:
Author

Topic: [Auction | NO MINIMUM BID] The Times 03 Jan 2009 | 10% to FreeRoss.org - page 3. (Read 3079 times)

donator
Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286
Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.
copper member
Activity: 507
Merit: 118
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.
Will start bid with 0.1BTC
Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!
I cannot wait to see how high this goes.
Activity: 150
Merit: 108
I thought long and hard about the results of this auction.

My initial minimum bid requirements of 40 and then 20 BTC were too much to ask of this forum, but I would hate for this auction to end on such an unsatisfactory note.

For that reason I am extending the auction for another two weeks with a MINIMUM BID of 0.00 BTC. No valid bids have been entered as of this post and the auction will restart a few hours from now, the bid increment remains the same at 0.25 BTC. All other terms remain unchanged.

I will be doing more promotion this time around to hopefully get some more eyeballs on this item over the next two weeks.

If you don't plan on bidding, but know someone who might be interested in this item please share:

Follow #thetimes03jan2009 on Twitter

&

http://thetimes03jan2009.auction redirects to the first post.

legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Seeing that start price makes me really regret not picking up 2 of these papers when I had the chance. IIRC back then he was asking 1BTC each and I was like lolplz...

Yeah there were a bunch of them floating around.  If you want to get real crazy I remember an auction where someone won one for like .15btc ish when btc was around $200 lulz.

Edit: .26btc nubbins https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-times-03012009-727068

Edit #2: bitcoin was around $600 making that paper sold for around $150

Yep  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Seeing that start price makes me really regret not picking up 2 of these papers when I had the chance. IIRC back then he was asking 1BTC each and I was like lolplz...

Yeah there were a bunch of them floating around.  If you want to get real crazy I remember an auction where someone won one for like .15btc ish when btc was around $200 lulz.

Edit: .26btc nubbins https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/the-times-03012009-727068

Edit #2: bitcoin was around $600 making that paper sold for around $150
legendary

What was price of BTC ?

Probably $400ish?

Damn! But who couldve known where this collectable was headed?
legendary

What was price of BTC ?

Probably $400ish?
legendary

What was price of BTC ?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 668
Community management 24/7 for hire

Piddling. Loads and loads and loads of people will have them.

The stuff that winds up worth the most is often considered worthless at the time which is why they're so rare. 10th anniversary papers will be crawling out for decades to come.

If your basement is big enough. Start filling the shelves.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
I have all 3 UK released Times newspapers from this years anniversary featuring the Bitmex advert...
UK Print 2 versions & Scottish Times Print.
You have now made me curious as to the value of this clearly unusual anniversary set.

Viz

Piddling. Loads and loads and loads of people will have them.

The stuff that winds up worth the most is often considered worthless at the time which is why they're so rare. 10th anniversary papers will be crawling out for decades to come. Anything that people believe will be a slam dunk in future from the off is always fatally saturated.
legendary
Activity: 2407
Merit: 1636
I have all 3 UK released Times newspapers from this years anniversary featuring the Bitmex advert...
UK Print 2 versions & Scottish Times Print.
You have now made me curious as to the value of this clearly unusual anniversary set.

Viz
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
I’ll bid 1BTC and a mars bar..

Less than you want I know, but a lot more likely than your silly silly request son

1.5BTC, just in case he would go for it.... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
I’ll bid 1BTC and a mars bar..

Less than you want I know, but a lot more likely than your silly silly request son
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
Just following the absurdity.....  and making a point to go along with said absurdity.  

....and be careful about misrepresentation.  You give a site for reference with ABSURD FOR SALE prices.... not SOLD prices.  I can put my car for sale for 1M USD.... doesn’t mean it’s worth that.

That's what we're here to find out. I wouldn't have the slightest clue how to value this and I doubt anyone other than the eventual buyer does either, and even they probably don't know what they're willing to part with until they do.

He kicked off at a level that didn't ignite. Time for a different one.
Pages:
Jump to: