Pages:
Author

Topic: Auction - Wallet with 8000 Ethereum - page 4. (Read 6381 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
December 16, 2016, 11:13:58 AM
I’m in the same boat, but I’m not giving up on my wallet, it’s much less than yours but still too much for me to just let go.

RE: “I don't have the time to bruteforce it (maybe it will take years) “

Last bruteforce estimation I looked at with the full character set required was 27,000 years. That is to say if the password was randomly generated you’ve got buckley’s chance.

But if as you say “It is a phrase with words, so not just random symbols” and you think you know part of the password or its potential components it  there’s a couple of programs you can compile (I did it and my experience using terminal and coding is rudimentary at best) which while limited in their scope can still do quite a lot.

A Brief summary of my experience….

Walletrecoveryservices.com
Decided I would try Dave from walletrecoveryservices as there is plenty of people who vouch for him.
I only had one potential password candidate at this point and to this day I'm still uncomfortable that I sent my wallet file off.
Other than these guys I wouldn’t recommend handing my wallet  over to a third party.

Pyethrecover
https://github.com/ryepdx/pyethrecover
Great for my sanity if not much else, instead of fretting whether I was repeating a password attempt or forgetting a possibility I just thought of. This lets you just save all your password possibilities in one text file and test them.

Ethcracker
https://github.com/lexansoft/ethcracker
This is what I’m working with currently, lets you test a file with password components e.g if you think your password had say 3 parts…

Say one of cat ,dog, or fish,
and one of 123 345 or 567,
and one of @ $ or !

It will try every combination of those components. Cat123@, 345!dog etc etc
CPU only, so takes my setup about 24 hours to run through about 45 million passwords.

Walletrecovery
https://github.com/prabhatsharma/walletrecovery
Haven’t tried this one yet, but it's next! lets you test up to 4 wildcards with your password guesses.

Hope I've encouraged you to have a crack at it...feel free to PM if you have any questions!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
December 14, 2016, 02:50:36 PM
You seem pretty chill for a guy who is out 65 dimes.
Activity: 812
Merit: 257
December 13, 2016, 02:09:02 PM
can you tell me your country?i have ny workers across the globe if i have my worker in your country he will sit with you and do this work for free and after you get your pass you can pay 20% amt to him.i think this isnt big work because i have seen these works already done before in many cases so in few hrs it can be done as far i know.
some time its done in a hr and sometimes in a day  and some times weeks.
if your are from philip or london or capetown or quwait you can visit my office and we will workout this in professional way for you.
we are licensed in all these countries i will give you remainibg details later first let me know how you wish to work
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
December 11, 2016, 06:07:12 PM
my problem is no matter how honest you are, what if you sell and one morning you wake up and go" yes I remember it" and take the funds back, if the buyer claims the coins have been moved there no real proof who it was, win/win seller.

I have to admit, it's interesting, but to risk anything not knowing if I can get it out before Eth drops below what its bought for, I will have to think on it.

I am also willing to sell it for a lower price and split wallet if it could be cracked. I m also open for other proposals.

sorry I just read this, how much would you trust me  Roll Eyes I have some brute force code (with character choices) and a unit I could chuck it on, you would know if I got it as coins would be moving out  Grin have a think.
copper member
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032
December 11, 2016, 06:01:04 PM
my problem is no matter how honest you are, what if you sell and one morning you wake up and go" yes I remember it" and take the funds back, if the buyer claims the coins have been moved there no real proof who it was, win/win seller.

I have to admit, it's interesting, but to risk anything not knowing if I can get it out before Eth drops below what its bought for, I will have to think on it.
legendary
Activity: 1120
December 07, 2016, 05:33:04 AM
The best deal for anyone to buy this is to take an offer on a percentage to crack it because the buyer will have to spend a decent amount on paying somone to crack it so the outlay for the buyer to take a risk is not worth it and probably cant be cracked. My offer stands at 30 percent of whats in the wallet if it can be cracked.
Activity: 404
Merit: 270
December 07, 2016, 05:03:10 AM
By "phrase", do you mean it's random, non related words?   Or is it a coherent phrase from somewhere?

It is a phrase with words, so not just random symbols. (as written above I also could provide more information regarding potential password)

Interesting but a 20 digit phrase would be dam hard to crack, do you have any other details?  Have you had a professional try yet or just throwing this up now....
I already tried, but until now no results.

I am also willing to sell it for a lower price and split wallet if it could be cracked. I m also open for other proposals.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 1406
December 07, 2016, 12:04:02 AM
Interesting but a 20 digit phrase would be dam hard to crack, do you have any other details?  Have you had a professional try yet or just throwing this up now....
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1140
December 06, 2016, 11:34:01 PM
By "phrase", do you mean it's random, non related words?   Or is it a coherent phrase from somewhere?
legendary
Activity: 2707
Merit: 1181
December 06, 2016, 11:17:52 PM
how about you give me the wallet and if i manage to crack it ill give you %30 of whats inside

That seems fair, id offer the same or more Smiley
legendary
December 06, 2016, 09:11:34 PM
how about you give me the wallet and if i manage to crack it ill give you %30 of whats inside
legendary
December 06, 2016, 09:09:51 PM
I m selling my Ethereum *.json wallet that I bought at Ethereum crowd sale (Genesis). It includes 8000 ETH. Unfortunately I don't know the password anymore, that is the reason why I'm selling it Sad Anyone interested ?

Starting Bid: 2.0 BTC
Increments: 0.1 BTC

Auction will be valid until Wednesday December 21, 2016 7:00 pm New York Time (1:00 am in Stockholm)
Auction is finished if there is minimum difference of 30 minutes between last offers.

I m going to provide more information about potential password to the winner (min. Characters, language, symbols used,...)

https://etherscan.io/address/0x6966063aa5de1db5c671f3dd699d5abe213ee902

not worth shit without hte password!

if he had the password i imagine it would not be for sale lol
Activity: 806
COINMIXER.NET
December 06, 2016, 09:00:32 PM
I m selling my Ethereum *.json wallet that I bought at Ethereum crowd sale (Genesis). It includes 8000 ETH. Unfortunately I don't know the password anymore, that is the reason why I'm selling it Sad Anyone interested ?

Auction will be valid until Wednesday December 21, 2016 7:00 pm New York Time (1:00 am in Stockholm)
Auction is finished if there is minimum difference of 30 minutes between last offers.

I m going to provide more information about potential password to the winner (min. Characters, language, symbols used,...)

not worth shit without hte password!
legendary
Activity: 1036
December 06, 2016, 08:02:23 PM
I'll ask the obvious question - can you sign a message from the wallet or prove what the balance of coins there are?

Welcome to cryptocurrencies, where the # of coins is publicly viewable. The address (as stated in the original post): https://etherscan.io/address/0x6966063aa5de1db5c671f3dd699d5abe213ee902

There are clearly 8000 coins here. No movement since the ETH ICO, meaning its likely he was an early investor and forgot about his coins until now.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
December 06, 2016, 07:25:50 PM
I'll ask the obvious question - can you sign a message from the wallet or prove what the balance of coins there are?
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
December 06, 2016, 01:35:22 PM
That's 77BTC worth of ethereum and since I don't know much about bruteforcing I would suggest you to hire a developer and bruteforce the password, if you know how many characters, if it contains symbols, number etc. Better than you nobody knows about this wallet so this idea could be the best for you. My 2 cents.
December 06, 2016, 01:16:06 PM
Any idea of how many characters the password contains?

It is a phrase, I would say max. 20 characters (low chances that it is more than 25 characters).
legendary
Activity: 1036
December 06, 2016, 01:09:40 PM
Any idea of how many characters the password contains?
December 06, 2016, 10:56:49 AM

Im confused why are you selling something for low ammount even without knowing the password, i mean, whats the interest into a big ammount without the password? Its the same as have 2 milion bitcoins into a wallet and forget the password, its useless, maybe some people will try to get this but its a huge ammount for you be giving to others people, and worse you will tell the potencial password? Looks like more you had hacked and stealed those.

I am confused about your wording. Maybe you don't understand English very well ?
Anyway I am going to respond to your accusations, most people that know me in the bitcoin space can tell you, that I am not stealing from other people  Angry

Why than the low amount ? Because I don't know my password anymore, I don't have the time to bruteforce it (maybe it will take years) and thus I prefer a lower amount now, than maybe finding out my password in the future, understandable ?

I am also not telling the potential password, I can just describe, what language I used, names symbols etc. , all this information could be very helpful to bruteforce it. If you are not interested in it, I totally can understand it, but I don't like beeing accused of theft.

I also could provide original email from when I bought the ether, but this doesn't proof much, as it also could be stolen.
Activity: 223
Merit: 500
VIrtual credit card and virtual Bank account
December 06, 2016, 09:30:56 AM
I am confused too
Pages:
Jump to: