Pages:
Author

Topic: Aug 1 summary - page 13. (Read 96430 times)

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1123
August 14, 2017, 05:30:48 AM

Newbies:

Click on page one below.

I'm not being facetious or suggesting you read the entire thread, but page 1 has most of this summarized.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
August 13, 2017, 10:38:00 PM
I want to start plunge in btc. And hope to be accepted in this forum to follow all programs in bitcointalk. Thanks and please guidance to all members.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
August 13, 2017, 08:53:40 PM
Since I'm a newbie I'm really curious on what happened since August 1. Well as I've read some comments I've been enlightened by the words "Glad" that everything is relatively normal. Yet above all, it is just a fork and is part of any system.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
August 13, 2017, 08:33:19 PM
So.. I have my 12 word passphrase, can I use it in any existing Bitcoin Cash wallets?
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 13, 2017, 06:11:20 PM
1) Bitcoin ABC will be mess up for me.
I used Bitcoin ABC to *redeem* BCH held in a multisig.

2) I don't know somebody enough trusted for this.
Depending on the amount of BCH in question, I could attempt it or at least guide you. PM me.
Activity: 1372
August 13, 2017, 04:00:26 PM
How is that possible is this been confirmed?

Im currently working out this Bcash stuff. If i just send out my bitcoin from my wallet like normal i will still own my Bcash on my original pre aug 1st wallet right?

He is probably mistaken, I don't see how both coins could be sent at the same time. If he is using a BCH wallet, BitcoinCash will be sent and If he is using a BTC core, the bitcoins will be sent instead and he need to change the blockexplorer to see the transaction and to answer your question, If you send BTC now, you will still have your BCH in all your addresses that had BTC on 1st august yes.

Ok so before i go and do something incorrect, let me ask another basic question and double confirm... Im running bitcoin core wallet - does it matter what version im running? as in, can i in anyway send out my bitcoincash or lose the bitcoincash by just sending around my normal bitcoins? should i update to latest core version? can installing latest core version wipe Bitcoincash?

A transfer of BTC is a line of code. A transfer of BCH is another type of code, incompatible with BTC. So there is absolutely no way to screw this up. As long as you own all the private keys involved.

Thanks for confirmation. Appreciated Smiley
Activity: 2
August 13, 2017, 03:18:24 PM
Realy I can't find/get my privat key , could somebody help me?) I keep my bitcoins in App Greenaddress . How can I get BCH ?
Thank you
Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
August 13, 2017, 12:34:55 PM

Im currently working out this Bcash stuff. If i just send out my bitcoin from my wallet like normal i will still own my Bcash on my original pre aug 1st wallet right?

He is probably mistaken, I don't see how both coins could be sent at the same time. If he is using a BCH wallet, BitcoinCash will be sent and If he is using a BTC core, the bitcoins will be sent instead and he need to change the blockexplorer to see the transaction and to answer your question, If you send BTC now, you will still have your BCH in all your addresses that had BTC on 1st august yes.

Ok so before i go and do something incorrect, let me ask another basic question and double confirm... Im running bitcoin core wallet - does it matter what version im running? as in, can i in anyway send out my bitcoincash or lose the bitcoincash by just sending around my normal bitcoins? should i update to latest core version? can installing latest core version wipe Bitcoincash?

A transfer of BTC is a line of code. A transfer of BCH is another type of code, incompatible with BTC. So there is absolutely no way to screw this up. As long as you own all the private keys involved.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 07:53:43 AM
2)
I was using electrum desktop wallet. And now to claim BCC using electron cash 2.9.2
Option 1: Use Bitcoin ABC.
Option 2: Pay someone to do this for you.

This is a multisig address, your problem is right there. Electron wallet doesn't like those.
This. Seems to be buggy. Then again, what could you expect from second class developers (pretty much everyone who works on BCH)? Roll Eyes

1) Bitcoin ABC will be mess up for me.
2) I don't know somebody enough trusted for this.

Multisig: But i won't be the one who is having this issue, usually this is electrum platform and many will be processing through multisig. There must be way out.

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
August 13, 2017, 05:31:29 AM
2)
I was using electrum desktop wallet. And now to claim BCC using electron cash 2.9.2
Option 1: Use Bitcoin ABC.
Option 2: Pay someone to do this for you.

This is a multisig address, your problem is right there. Electron wallet doesn't like those.
This. Seems to be buggy. Then again, what could you expect from second class developers (pretty much everyone who works on BCH)? Roll Eyes
August 13, 2017, 05:04:19 AM

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916
fly or die
August 13, 2017, 05:03:13 AM

if you give the correct private key,the BCC will appear in Electron cash wallet.i have tried this way and all went smooth.maybe you give wrong private key?you can check your wallet address in electron cash if it match.

This txn logs: https://blockchain.info/address/3Njt285dctJZj4tqpKNKBFFojEVvVfCPQA,
I should use 3NSFgiwDhMj3NQZgs2YNych6L5EM1YnMxy address key, rite ??

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031
August 13, 2017, 04:53:11 AM

August 13, 2017, 04:39:35 AM
Strange,

when i send BTC to a new wallet, the BCC gets sent with it.
When the old, empty BTC key is imported into bitcoinABC wallet it shows the BCC moved also with the btc heh.

Activity: 158
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 02:17:18 AM

if you give the correct private key,the BCC will appear in Electron cash wallet.i have tried this way and all went smooth.maybe you give wrong private key?you can check your wallet address in electron cash if it match.

This txn logs: https://blockchain.info/address/3Njt285dctJZj4tqpKNKBFFojEVvVfCPQA,

The ElectronCash wallet was never stable. If you have your private keys in QrCode, just scan it using Coinomi android wallet. I did so multiple times and everything went okay and after the transaction is confirmed (because Its basically sent to the wallet), you can send it to exchanges or do whatever you want.

I was using electron wallet and it doesn't provide QR code.

Is my network selection is ok ? ( http://prntscr.com/g7ires) I read some issues with electron cash server.

Also,
Can i use anyother program to get my BCC, as i do have my private key ..

you said you use this address= 3NSFgiwDhMj3NQZgs2YNych6L5EM1YnMxy but the information you give in here= https://blockchain.info/address/3Njt285dctJZj4tqpKNKBFFojEVvVfCPQA  is not the same wallet.look carefully it's different wallet address,you should give the private key for this=

3Njt285dctJZj4tqpKNKBFFojEVvVfCPQA (if this is your wallet address)

electron cash is just fine,you just need to give the correct one private key, and you will get the Bitcoin cash .the server you choose are okay.just check your wallet,it's not the same.

Let me clear doubts mate.

1)
I transferred my coins here: 3NSFgiwDhMj3NQZgs2YNych6L5EM1YnMxy  ( on 30th Jul ) and to apply fork ( claim BCC ) empty it on 10th Aug.
So as per fork coins was there on or before 01st Aug. I am applying this address private key only.

2)

3)
First i tried Wallet/Private Keys/Sweep/ Enter private key here.
But it shows error: https://prnt.sc/g7hgnk
I changed server from this ( https://prnt.sc/g7ires ) to electroncash.cascharia.com >> No success.

Then i tried File > New/Import > (Wallet Name) > Standard Wallet > Select use Public or private key and click next > enter private keys > Next
( server was electroncash.cascharia.com )

4)
I again tried with auto server select but nothing progressive.

So what am i doing wrong here ?? or is there anyway we can check address is valid for fork ? or can use anyother software to claim coins ??

Please help.
Activity: 2
August 13, 2017, 12:22:49 AM
thank you for the update....good to hear and also very helpfull to us and specially to me im newbie here....
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368
August 12, 2017, 03:28:51 PM
We need another "something" like this one. Why? Look at the price of Bitcoin now.

I have seen a reasonable number of people state that Bitcoin would crash with this BCC stuff. They talked this way because they don't understand people or a truly free market. All the money markets are controlled one way or another, even if many of them present themselves as being free.

Bitcoin as money holds a tiny, teensy part of world money. It is way undervalued because people are used to standard fiat. Bitcoin is different, and acts differently. The BCC thing didn't crash Bitcoin, even made it stronger. People like the freedom and strength... and the opportunity.

Bitcoin will hit $10,000 before the year is out. Hodl now, because once it reaches $10 grand, the next $100 grand will be as nothing, while the fiat systems crash.

Cool
Activity: 404
Merit: 257
August 12, 2017, 12:48:01 PM

The ElectronCash wallet was never stable. If you have your private keys in QrCode, just scan it using Coinomi android wallet. I did so multiple times and everything went okay and after the transaction is confirmed (because Its basically sent to the wallet), you can send it to exchanges or do whatever you want.

I was using electron wallet and it doesn't provide QR code.

Is my network selection is ok ? ( http://prntscr.com/g7ires) I read some issues with electron cash server.

Also,
Can i use anyother program to get my BCC, as i do have my private key ..

you said you use this address= 3NSFgiwDhMj3NQZgs2YNych6L5EM1YnMxy but the information you give in here= https://blockchain.info/address/3Njt285dctJZj4tqpKNKBFFojEVvVfCPQA  is not the same wallet.look carefully it's different wallet address,you should give the private key for this=

3Njt285dctJZj4tqpKNKBFFojEVvVfCPQA (if this is your wallet address)

electron cash is just fine,you just need to give the correct one private key, and you will get the Bitcoin cash .the server you choose are okay.just check your wallet,it's not the same.

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
August 12, 2017, 10:13:48 AM
I heard about BTC LTE was new fork with bitcoin on Last August 11 ? is it true ??
legendary
Activity: 1183
Merit: 1013
August 12, 2017, 08:40:18 AM
Can someone tell what further effect will it have on the price of BTC? And how will it affect other cryptos?
Pages:
Jump to: