Pages:
Author

Topic: - AURORACOIN - - page 70. (Read 136759 times)

Activity: 248
Merit: 100
May 10, 2016, 03:53:51 PM
Would it be cheaper for people in Iceland to buy bitcoin from https://localbitcoins.com/country/IS and then buy AUR on bittrex or cheaper from buying from ISK exchange directly?

People in Iceland can't buy Bitcoin because of the currency controls. You can't transfer any money out of the country, so Bitcoin is out of the picture.
May 10, 2016, 03:52:14 PM
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
May 10, 2016, 01:24:35 PM
I like auroracoin, do shops exist for real world use?

I use auroracoin in the real world and my favourite coffee shop will be accepting it soon.

Large merchant roll out can only happen when there is a point of sale system in place. I'm sure the dev team are working on one.

if i want to go to the same coffee shop if i visit your country how can I buy a coffee with aurora? I live in the UK, can I use my wallet?

Yea coinomi has released an android wallet that we all use.

What wallet do you have?
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000
May 10, 2016, 12:31:32 PM

I use auroracoin in the real world and my favourite coffee shop will be accepting it soon.

Large merchant roll out can only happen when there is a point of sale system in place. I'm sure the dev team are working on one.

if i want to go to the same coffee shop if i visit your country how can I buy a coffee with aurora? I live in the UK, can I use my wallet?
Activity: 258
May 10, 2016, 11:44:20 AM
Just chiming in to say that I am glad to see a moderated thread and agree with Cryptide regarding non-constructive posts.

The professionalism exhibited by the AUR team in my opinion has been exemplary and lends credence to the AUR project.

Thanks for that. It's good to hear people form the community confirming that this was the right course of action.

None of us want to moderate the thread, there just needs to be a place on BCT where the community can discuss the project together. I personally have no objections with people showing doubt and stating that they don't believe in the project and such. But when the same people troll the thread page after page then there is no possibility to discuss the project with the community here in BCT which saddens me as I do greatly respect this community and it deserves a place to discuss these matters in a serious manner.
Activity: 318
Merit: 253
May 10, 2016, 10:41:46 AM
Just chiming in to say that I am glad to see a moderated thread and agree with Cryptide regarding non-constructive posts.

The professionalism exhibited by the AUR team in my opinion has been exemplary and lends credence to the AUR project.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
May 10, 2016, 08:44:28 AM
Hi there,

I've been watching the old thread for a few weeks ever since I bought a small amount of Auroracoin; I don't deny I'm a speculator but I'm also an idealist and admire the route AUR is taking and the vision it hopes to achieve. I just wanted to say that, as a newbie, reading through the old posts did a lot to increase my confidence in the developers and the foundation itself. All negative/pedantic/critical comments have been responded to by the team in a reasonable, measured and consistent way which does more to strengthen the credibility of the project then any early-doors fluctuation in price.

I see this as being a long-term investment in a very exciting scheme and I look forward to seeing AUR grow slowly and steadily into a viable alternative to fiat for an entire nation. It's not meant to be a get-rich-quick opportunity; it's prospects are far more exciting than that if it goes the way it keeps going. Well done guys.

On a separate note, if you still need any help with the contentious issue of the video (!) please let me know as I'm more than happy to have a stab at it, depending on what you have in mind.

Thanks for your kind words and offer to help. Pétur has the raw and slightly prepped footage, we'll ask him to contact you in PM.

You're welcome - I was getting pretty frustrated for you guys reading some of the threads and thought it time to wade into the fray! Will wait to hear from you and all the best!
legendary
Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000
ltex.nl
May 10, 2016, 08:35:15 AM
Hi there,

I've been watching the old thread for a few weeks ever since I bought a small amount of Auroracoin; I don't deny I'm a speculator but I'm also an idealist and admire the route AUR is taking and the vision it hopes to achieve. I just wanted to say that, as a newbie, reading through the old posts did a lot to increase my confidence in the developers and the foundation itself. All negative/pedantic/critical comments have been responded to by the team in a reasonable, measured and consistent way which does more to strengthen the credibility of the project then any early-doors fluctuation in price.

I see this as being a long-term investment in a very exciting scheme and I look forward to seeing AUR grow slowly and steadily into a viable alternative to fiat for an entire nation. It's not meant to be a get-rich-quick opportunity; it's prospects are far more exciting than that if it goes the way it keeps going. Well done guys.

On a separate note, if you still need any help with the contentious issue of the video (!) please let me know as I'm more than happy to have a stab at it, depending on what you have in mind.

Thanks for your kind words and offer to help. Pétur has the raw and slightly prepped footage, we'll ask him to contact you in PM.
Activity: 741
Merit: 500
May 10, 2016, 08:31:23 AM
Hi there,

I think that most editing has been done already, but maybe some fine tuning would be great. Always good to have another set of eyes.

May 10, 2016, 08:27:40 AM
Is the dev team considering podcasts or any medium as a way to create media independently.
Activity: 2
May 10, 2016, 07:57:21 AM
Hi there,

Activity: 258
May 10, 2016, 06:40:33 AM
http://isx.is <- Only for Icelandic market!

Did auroracoin make this website isx.is

I don't speak or understand the icelandic language, so I didn't understand that webpage.
Any plans to have that website translated to english?

Hey 2bacco. ISX was created and run by myself (Pétur Árnason), apcoins (Hermann Finnbjörnsson) and Dinobotta (Hlynur Þór Björnsson). We are all members of the Auroracoin dev team and are all board members of Auraráð which is the Icelandic Auroracoin foundaiton. We created a company called Skiptimynt ehf. to manage the exchange.

The exchange is designed to be only for Icelandic citizens as it requires an Icelandic social ID for registration. This is done so it can be easier for Icelandic citizens to deposit and withdraw their Icelandic Króna from the exchange and as a anti-money laundering measure to establish credibility and trust here in Iceland. So for that reason we do not have the exchange in English but there have been some requests for us to set up an English page so that foreigners can have basic information about the exchange. I personally think that is a very reasonable request but there hasn't been time to discuss that yet so I can't really promise that yet.

May 10, 2016, 05:43:09 AM

Not yet. Next step is to present/provide merchands some tools to accept it. I think there is only one place accepting AUR (little candy shop).

May 10, 2016, 05:28:37 AM

How many people will use AUR at your fav coffee shop? Do you know a lot of people in Iceland that have AUR?

I live in Cape Town South Africa but people here are serious about ditching their currency for alternatives. We had the 3rd worst currency on the planet last year and people jump at the opportunity to buy auroracoin here.

May 10, 2016, 05:14:40 AM

I don't speak or understand the icelandic language, so I didn't understand that webpage.

The exchange is a private unitiative separated from others AUR projects. Hlynur Bjornson manage the exchange. Hermann/Petur and him developped the project.

To my best knowledge, there is no plan/need to translate the exchange.

May 10, 2016, 05:05:16 AM

Activity: 51
May 10, 2016, 04:57:27 AM
May 10, 2016, 04:55:23 AM

Skarfur is involved with that. You can use Google translate to understand what it says
May 10, 2016, 04:49:01 AM
Hi guys

This new thread is a good step forward.

How will you enforce the new ruses though?

Kind regards to Martin and Craig
Pages:
Jump to: