Pages:
Author

Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom - page 4. (Read 138024 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
To the speculators on this chat:

Contrary to almost all other digital currencies, Auroracoin is primarily meant as a medium of exchange (transaction money). Hence, we need fewer speculators and more users. We will unavoidably disappoint the former, as all our activities are designed for slow adoption and growth, avoiding hype and price swings.

Auroracoin is a long-term project that aims to replace the ruined Icelandic monetary system with something better. As such it will have international ramifications if successful, but until then is best left to the Auraráð Foundation core team and the Icelandic people. The Auroracoin awareness campaign that has recently begun will stretch over many months, and be followed by field-adoption activities over the next year or so.

We neither need nor want to prove anything to the outside world until we have adoption success to report. In fact, the less international attention the better, so as to keep the AUR/ISK exchange rate in check to facilitate adoption of Auroracoin among Icelanders.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Classic pump and dump......again

Sadly this is the case, Aurora is not different than any other Alt, its all about speculations. There is nothing behind it, all just words.
mog
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
Classic pump and dump......again
Activity: 489
Merit: 500
The guys in iceland knows better, but I think we will get newspaper covering not long after May 1 - and from there we expect multiple media attention. There is very good things brewing that we can't disclose yet (media related) that would give auroracoin very good coverage and credibility.

Outside Iceland, medias are contacting us. At first i was proposing paid press release/article, but it is now obvious that it is worthless. We will get full coverage without asking anybody.

Where is all this? I can not see anything.

I am not talking about one or two newspaper, multiple media attention?

Where is the Saturday TV interview? Also, Where is the video about the but stop campaign? I have not seen a bus stop right in the city centre, all are in isolated area with no passenger, I like this coin to succeed but we can not talk without evidence as you lose credibility and people will think is al white smoke. You need to show to the world you mean what you are saying. Only words are not valid. Need to be backup with events and facts.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
crypto users are spoiled, a typical stock exchange like Scott trade or Etrade will take several dollars just for ONE trade and usually require a minimum deposit of $500-$2000 just to start.

I actually think if fees were higher across crypto exchanges we'd see values rise across the board and stabilize for most coins because there'd be less incentive for small-fry pump and dump groups to operate
and people would be more reluctant to constantly dump their coins everytime they see another opportunity to make a quick buck.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
Isnt 1% ISX service fee abit much, So If I want to sell 1000 Aur I need to pay 10 Aur to do that, or is it only for withdrawals Huh

The 1% is the trade fee. There is now withdrawal fee.

The reason for the high fee is the high cost to run the exchange. It requires quite a lot of servers behind it for redundancy and security and for obvious reasons we are hosting the exchange in Iceland and server resources here are quite expensive.

We plan to lower the fees and create fee levels when the exchange starts to make enough to cover basic costs.
Activity: 409
Isnt 1% ISX service fee abit much, So If I want to sell 1000 Aur I need to pay 10 Aur to do that, or is it only for withdrawals Huh

Activity: 1
Businesses can have instant exchange model in place, so customer buys coffee for 300ISK with current equivalent 7 AUR then business processes payment instantly through exchange for 300ISK this ensures his profit & increases exchange volume. As more businesses accept & transact in AUR demand rises & supply becomes primary factor in price. 

The key problem for merchants is market depth and price stability when they have revenues in AUR but costs in ISK. Going forward, there will be a role for a mediator (a factoring company of sorts) to provide a guaranteed and relatively stable exchange rate to merchants who don't want the risk or hassle of selling the AUR themselves.

The business model of the factoring company is of course to profit on the price difference. Clearing vis-a-vis merchants will be done off-market, possibly with the aid of private equity / dark pool investors, with AUR funds fed back into the market in a controlled manner to recover the ISK at a profit.

A final solution is of course to identify cases where merchants can have both their revenues and expenses in AUR. Low-hanging fruit for AUR business development are used-goods exchanges, companies with high-margin but non-core products and/or niche and novelty marketing needs – especially if can pay part of their salaries in AUR.

Price stability will come. No doubt and that will come with all businesses in Iceland accepting AUR directly.
legendary
Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

TV interview is saturday right ?  I would suggest someone record - add subtitle and share on youtube. 

Is it an important TV channel and at what time?

Was the TV interview done on Saturday? Can you make it youtube pls
Activity: 14
Businesses can have instant exchange model in place, so customer buys coffee for 300ISK with current equivalent 7 AUR then business processes payment instantly through exchange for 300ISK this ensures his profit & increases exchange volume. As more businesses accept & transact in AUR demand rises & supply becomes primary factor in price. 

The key problem for merchants is market depth and price stability when they have revenues in AUR but costs in ISK. Going forward, there will be a role for a mediator (a factoring company of sorts) to provide a guaranteed and relatively stable exchange rate to merchants who don't want the risk or hassle of selling the AUR themselves.

The business model of the factoring company is of course to profit on the price difference. Clearing vis-a-vis merchants will be done off-market, possibly with the aid of private equity / dark pool investors, with AUR funds fed back into the market in a controlled manner to recover the ISK at a profit.

A final solution is of course to identify cases where merchants can have both their revenues and expenses in AUR. Low-hanging fruit for AUR business development are used-goods exchanges, companies with high-margin but non-core products and/or niche and novelty marketing needs – especially if can pay part of their salaries in AUR.
Activity: 1
I agree on that. Take Bitcoin for example, it has decent volume but it's estimated that only about 5% of that volume is caused by real business transactions. The other 95% is just market trading/speculation and a gateway for other cryptocurrencies. So clearly volume is a poor indicator if a currency being used or not.

However a good supply on ISX and a decent volume would be more likely to stabilise the price which is a big factor. It's important that people can safely assume AUR has a certain value in their daily use. While AUR is volatile it creates uncertainty and makes it more difficult to use. So for that reason good volume and supply would help.

Price stability against what? ISK? BTC? USD? The price of houses? The only price stability anyone is going to get is when they think and live in terms of AUR.

Well he refer to price of things.  Purchase value.  If a business sell of coffee for 0.1 AUR, but the day after he have to sell for 0.2 AuR, or 0.01 AUR, it is not ideal !  The path will be long and many challenge to be faced.  I like challenges !

Activity: 741
Merit: 500
I agree on that. Take Bitcoin for example, it has decent volume but it's estimated that only about 5% of that volume is caused by real business transactions. The other 95% is just market trading/speculation and a gateway for other cryptocurrencies. So clearly volume is a poor indicator if a currency being used or not.

However a good supply on ISX and a decent volume would be more likely to stabilise the price which is a big factor. It's important that people can safely assume AUR has a certain value in their daily use. While AUR is volatile it creates uncertainty and makes it more difficult to use. So for that reason good volume and supply would help.

Price stability against what? ISK? BTC? USD? The price of houses? The only price stability anyone is going to get is when they think and live in terms of AUR.

Well he refer to price of things.  Purchase value.  If a business sell of coffee for 0.1 AUR, but the day after he have to sell for 0.2 AuR, or 0.01 AUR, it is not ideal !  The path will be long and many challenge to be faced.  I like challenges !
Activity: 403
This is an old article from business insider:

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-iceland-pool-2013-12
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
You guys are forgetting about big bitcoin mines that are based in iceland. 5 percent of bitcoin is mined in iceland by big companies like genesis mining. These companies are going to play a big role soon because they can produce bitcoin cheaply and then buy auroracoin really cheaply on bittrex selling for higher price on isx.is.  these mining companies have at least one billion dollars of bitcoin to trade this way.

It's only legal to mine bitcoin in Iceland but not to buy bitcoin and send it out the country.

Noone in Iceland is buying any bitcoin in this scenario.

Is it 'legal' to send mined bitcoin outside of the country. I would say: probably yes.

In that case I'd say adamastor has a great point and Icelandic miners a good way to improve their revenue given buying pressure on ISX.

Of course they could also just mine AUR directly.

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

Activity: 57
You guys are forgetting about big bitcoin mines that are based in iceland. 5 percent of bitcoin is mined in iceland by big companies like genesis mining. These companies are going to play a big role soon because they can produce bitcoin cheaply and then buy auroracoin really cheaply on bittrex selling for higher price on isx.is.  these mining companies have at least one billion dollars of bitcoin to trade this way.

It's only legal to mine bitcoin in Iceland but not to buy bitcoin and send it out the country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIbven5JVyI
Activity: 403
Activity: 258
Getting close to 50% of the daily volume on ISX. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/auroracoin/#markets

It's picking up nicely.

I think it will dwarf the volume on bittrex soon.

How do I become a citizen of Iceland? ;-)

Here you go molecular

http://utl.is/index.php/en/icelandic-citizenship

So, you have to live in icland for 7 years and right after that you can start to trade on isx.is!)

You can also just come here in 1-2 years and have money to spend! How about paying for your hotel, flight, and all restaurants in 2 years with Auroracoin.

That sounds like a very good way to use AUR and to get more of it circulating in the Icelandic economy.

Probably some other spin offs too, such as a possible increase in tourism and other/additional money spent.

The important thing is to get AUR circulating in the Icelandic economy. If the Icelanders use it, then tourists can use it. Then it can be accepted for exports, and finally might be accepted for imports. High volume on the ISX might not really be the best indicator of AUR being used without exchanging it for ISK.

Activity: 476
Merit: 501
Getting close to 50% of the daily volume on ISX. http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/auroracoin/#markets

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

So, you have to live in icland for 7 years and right after that you can start to trade on isx.is!)

You can also just come here in 1-2 years and have money to spend! How about paying for your hotel, flight, and all restaurants in 2 years with Auroracoin.

That sounds like a very good way to use AUR and to get more of it circulating in the Icelandic economy.

Probably some other spin offs too, such as a possible increase in tourism and other/additional money spent.

The important thing is to get AUR circulating in the Icelandic economy. If the Icelanders use it, then tourists can use it. Then it can be accepted for exports, and finally might be accepted for imports. High volume on the ISX might not really be the best indicator of AUR being used without exchanging it for ISK.
Activity: 57

It's picking up nicely.

Here you go molecular

Buldar should go visit Iceland and spend AUR.
Pages:
Jump to: