Pages:
Author

Topic: Australian judge says incest may no longer be a taboo - page 2. (Read 3486 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

Different government have different laws on sexuality. It has nothing to do with justice, just the rules of a few gangsters with a lot of power.
 Even, within the US there are different laws. In parts of Texas, all of Alabama and various cities throughout the country, from Maine to New Mexico, the sale of sex toys as a crime.  
Activity: 175
Merit: 100

Judge in Australia says incest may no longer be a taboo and the only reason it is criminal is potential birth abnormalities, which can be solved by abortion

A judge in Australia has been criticised after saying incest may no longer be a taboo and that the community may now accept consensual sex between adult siblings.

Judge Garry Neilson, from the district court in the state of New South Wales, likened incest to homosexuality, which was once regarded as criminal and "unnatural" but is now widely accepted.

He said incest was now only a crime because it may lead to abnormalities in offspring but this rationale was increasingly irrelevant because of the availability of contraception and abortion.
"A jury might find nothing untoward in the advance of a brother towards his sister once she had sexually matured, had sexual relationships with other men and was now 'available', not having [a] sexual partner," the judge said.
"If this was the 1950s and you had a jury of 12 men there, which is what you'd invariably have, they would say it's unnatural for a man to be interested in another man or a man being interested in a boy. Those things have gone."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10958728/Australian-judge-says-incest-may-no-longer-be-a-taboo.html

Even if made legal, doesn't mean it's not taboo.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
People unite in love with or without marriage, but people also unite in marriage without love... and that's not a good thing!

Sexual fetishes, as long as that doesn't include rape or unwilling participants, are none of any government business to be legalized or otherwise.
Well, I'm going to have to disagree, when it comes to minor, their brains are undeveloped and you could basically create a cult where things like rape are considered "a show of affection" rather than a crime and it could go as far as being praised if you were raped by someone specific *shudders*

Anyone under the age of ~12 doesn't know anybetter and is easily impressionable, thats why this is such an awkward topic

For minors there's the age of consent. Anybody with 12 isn't considered a willing party.

PS: I assume we are talking about grown ups, not pedophiles.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
My philosophy about others' sexual life is plain simple:

As long as ... all parties are there in consent I just move away (unless I'm one of the parties that is).

Seconded.

I really don't give a shite.

But I do give a shite whereby one of the parties giving consent is below the age of consent.

I've got to agree with you on this... Below double digits? GOTO PRISON, In the double digits? It's Tolerable...

So its morally defensible for a grown man to have sex with a 10 year old girl ? GTFO.

16 as the age of consent doesn't sound too bad to me - but bare in mind that the human brain hasn't (physically/emotionally/intellectually) fully developed till around the age of 24, so even 16 may be pushing it.

Of course, talk to a midwife and they'll tell you that the optimum age to have children is around 17 (in terms of ease of delivery) - but then evolution hasn't caught up with the fact that our lifespans have extended by what, 30 years over the last century ? What may once have been necessary isn't today necessary, or imperative.

Activity: 210
People unite in love with or without marriage, but people also unite in marriage without love... and that's not a good thing!

Sexual fetishes, as long as that doesn't include rape or unwilling participants, are none of any government business to be legalized or otherwise.

Very true. As I have said before:

No State should be allowed to try to impose any moral belief system on a people. It is not the function of the Penal Law to pass moral judgements.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law#Criminal_law)
Criminal law, also known as penal law, pertains to crimes and punishment. It thus regulates the definition of and penalties for offences found to have a sufficiently deleterious social impact but, in itself, makes no moral judgment on an offender nor imposes restrictions on society that physically prevent people from committing a crime in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
Okey Dokey Lokey

Well, I'm going to have to disagree, when it comes to minor, their brains are undeveloped and you could basically create a cult where things like rape are considered "a show of affection" rather than a crime and it could go as far as being praised if you were raped by someone specific *shudders*

Anyone under the age of ~12 doesn't know anybetter and is easily impressionable, thats why this is such an awkward topic
legendary

Activity: 518
Merit: 250
Well I find it the natural follow up to the legalization of same sex marriage in many countries...., what's next Bestiality ? ....

I found "marriage" absurd on all its extent. Marriage is nothing but a dark age attempt to force someone to stay with someone else.
It's also the bureaucratic hypocrites best thing! Take Muslims for an instance, they're mostly adulterers with strong anti-adultery laws. What would be just funny if they won't sentence anybody (women mostly) to death over that hypocrite non-sense.

Perhaps we'll see soon all sexual fetishes legalized in Australia.  Huh  I think it is rather extreme to legalize incest.

Judge Garry Neilson, from the district court in the state of New South Wales, likened incest to homosexuality, which was once regarded as criminal and "unnatural" but is now widely accepted.

The judge should do more research before speaking, it is not widely accepted across the globe. see map https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg/350px-World_laws_pertaining_to_homosexual_relationships_and_expression.svg.png

Well I find it the natural follow up to the legalization of same sex marriage in many countries...., what's next Bestiality ? ....

I found "marriage" absurd on all its extent. Marriage is nothing but a dark age attempt to force someone to stay with someone else.
It's also the bureaucratic hypocrites best thing! Take Muslims for an instance, they're mostly adulterers with strong anti-adultery laws. What would be just funny if they won't sentence anybody (women mostly) to death over that hypocrite non-sense.

I haven't got married, and I have no intention to. It just doesn't fit to my personality - I am a lonely wolf. But marriage is not a bad idea, in my opinion, because it unites people with love (and love is always good). A family is a very important institution in any society. It doesn't have to be the strict conservative family: any kind of family (notice how the concept of family changes a lot from one society to the other, and all are valid). The family union makes each of its individuals stronger.

The political propaganda (marxist) is trying to ignore the individual freedoms, putting a wrong focus on the "group minorities". That's really dangerous. They are dividing us all in order to be easier the conquest.

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities.
Ayn Rand

A strong family union is a great foundation to the resistance against the government abuses. The greatest dream of the statism is a society without families.
legendary

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Incest killed the ancient Egypt, Rome and all civilizations that let it happen. Or the sign they are about to be destroyed was the incest.

I have no doubt where it will end.

LOL! That had nothing to do with nothing. If that would be true then Islam would be long gone.
Civilization fell out of wars, climate changes, catastrophes, plagues and so on, not sex.

[sarcasm]well, remember, my friend, that sex is evil and that war is good![/sarcasm]
legendary
Incest killed the ancient Egypt, Rome and all civilizations that let it happen. Or the sign they are about to be destroyed was the incest.

LOL! That had nothing to do with nothing. If that would be true then Islam would be long gone.
Civilization fell out of wars, climate changes, catastrophes, plagues and so on, not sex.
legendary
Activity: 1120

No State should be allowed to try to impose any moral belief system on a people. It is not the function of the Penal Law to pass moral judgements.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law#Criminal_law)
Criminal law, also known as penal law, pertains to crimes and punishment. It thus regulates the definition of and penalties for offences found to have a sufficiently deleterious social impact but, in itself, makes no moral judgment on an offender nor imposes restrictions on society that physically prevent people from committing a crime in the first place.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Australian judge says incest may no longer be a taboo
I find this statement very shocking.
In today's society, with a lot confusion and moral issues, I think that we need some kind of moral agreement what is good and what is bad from moral side and put this understanding in law.
If judges, as pillars of our societies, have doubts about this basic moral things and values, i think that human socviety have no fiuture, at least not in today's form.
legendary
My philosophy about others' sexual life is plain simple:

As long as isn't rape and all parties are there in consent I just move away (unless I'm one of the parties that is).
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
minds.com/Wilikon
Controversial issue should be left to community and family to decide, since it is the community and family who will ultimate bear the consequences of their own action.

Can the child born from an incestuous relationship have a vote in deciding in that community too or does that child get automatically aborted so not to have a voice?

Activity: 176
Controversial issue should be left to community and family to decide, since it is the community and family who will ultimate bear the consequences of their own action.
Pages:
Jump to: