Pages:
Author

Topic: Autominer.at 13 gpu review - page 2. (Read 963 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 3
January 22, 2018, 10:23:38 PM
Dear  philipma1957

Can you make some pictures of the build . I want to know how they can build it with 13 gpus in this small case.

Cheers
Wayne187

Wayne, already asked, already answered, not going to happen.  This is a demo and showing us this detail compromises their design and phillips agreement with them.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 22, 2018, 10:15:46 PM
Dear  philipma1957

Can you make some pictures of the build . I want to know how they can build it with 13 gpus in this small case.

Cheers
Wayne187
Activity: 44
Merit: 3
January 22, 2018, 09:15:15 PM
Phillipma,

How is the cpu utilization while mining?

I have a 13 gpu rig (7x1070, 3x1080, 3xrx570) on win 10 using a 3930 and it mines fine, but I use awesome miner, afterburner and a bunch of different mining software.  Just curious how the cpu load compares to mine.

I did find that the default monitoring update time in afterburner is aggressive and caused large cpu spikes, I backed it off to 10 sec intervals.

My cpu is underpowered as initializing a remote desktop or teamviewer instance drops hashing for about 2 or 3 seconds then picks back up.  Only with claymore's miners though.  My next rig will be a much better cpu.

Overall an impressive setup/design.  If gpu availability and pricing are good I can see these moving easily.
Activity: 952
Merit: 508
January 22, 2018, 08:56:27 PM
Nice Review.

So you are saying this Version (with the 13x 1060) is quiet enough so I could put 1-2 of them in my appartment and the surrounding neighbours would not complain?

Also do you know if they offer a version with 6GB GPUs?

In terms of sound: This is true of virtually every non-blower style GPU that is used for mining. Even with 100% fan speeds, gpu noise dwarfs the kind of noise asics make. I have had both running in my home before.

Yeah I had some L3+ and D3 at home, they are killer. But I also have a 6 GPU 470/570 rig at home and it's also not "quiet" (as to where neighbours might not hear it).

So I was wondering how much more quiet this was...

45 db at 8 feet   did you listen to it in my youtube video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BobJrsFuSNA

my best open case is 51db at 8 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIxWgv-rsuE

While I made most of the open rig and none of the closed case  in this review to be non biased

there is a close argument  as to which one is better.

This tells me they updated the fans in the chassis. Same thing I've done for my enclosed builds it's a must on that type and good to hear that Autominer has done that.

My mention of the GPU noise being quieter was in reference to open air builds I have.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
January 21, 2018, 03:30:06 PM
Nice Review.

So you are saying this Version (with the 13x 1060) is quiet enough so I could put 1-2 of them in my appartment and the surrounding neighbours would not complain?

In terms of sound: This is true of virtually every non-blower style GPU that is used for mining. Even with 100% fan speeds, gpu noise dwarfs the kind of noise asics make. I have had both running in my home before.

Yeah I had some L3+ and D3 at home, they are killer. But I also have a 6 GPU 470/570 rig at home and it's also not "quiet" (as to where neighbours might not hear it).

45 db at 8 feet   did you listen to it in my youtube video?

my best open case is 51db at 8 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIxWgv-rsuE

While I made most of the open rig and none of the closed case  in this review to be non biased

there is a close argument  as to which one is better.
Activity: 143
Merit: 11
January 21, 2018, 03:19:22 PM
Nice Review.

January 21, 2018, 08:50:02 AM
Nice Review.

Activity: 143
Merit: 11
January 21, 2018, 05:25:39 AM
Nice Review.

legendary
January 20, 2018, 10:07:45 PM
Dear sir,

The miner box looks very compact so could you please share us what's temperature of GPu at your 59% tdp.
I'm afraid with just 60cm box, 13 GPUs are too much. Btw, I really like the design. If anyone could tear it down, it should be cool to see how they arrange everything.

tell you  what  it has been running for days now in a warm garage .

and New Jersey weather is warm today  55f  at 4 pm.

Give me 10 minutes I will take some photos of msi afterburner showing temps.

full size
https://i.imgur.com/Jgyf1ok.jpg

full size 87f in garage

https://i.imgur.com/Gwy3Ec3.jpg

fullsize links

https://i.imgur.com/76yzbHD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1Pm2lYR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wexzOG5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VFKwZUB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/9lvgE5a.jpg

Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
January 20, 2018, 02:59:46 AM
Dear sir,

The miner box looks very compact so could you please share us what's temperature of GPu at your 59% tdp.
I'm afraid with just 60cm box, 13 GPUs are too much. Btw, I really like the design. If anyone could tear it down, it should be cool to see how they arrange everything.
legendary
January 19, 2018, 09:28:32 PM
Great review like always, cheers!

Thank you  I am liking this  more and more and will be selling off more cards to buy this after the demo.
Activity: 56
January 19, 2018, 06:31:14 AM
Great review like always, cheers!
legendary
January 18, 2018, 09:52:09 PM

yeah I have a new video  it is very quiet  and does pull some juice.

give me time to post it.

https://youtu.be/BobJrsFuSNA

Now I have a prototype unit.

I have zotac 1060 3gb gpus.
I have a celeron 3930 cpu
it came with 4gb ram I did put in 2x 8gb sticks.  why I had easy access to do it and i have the sticks.
the cpu will not get upgraded for months to come.
swapping out cards will not happen for months to come.

better psu's may happen sooner may not.

In my minds eye I see it with 10 msi 1070 itx
and 2 corsair rm1000x psus.
16gb ram
and a i5 7400t cpu.

all that can wait

this is a good piece of gear I will be trying to reduce power and tweak it with software not gear.

So using  nicehash soft ware it does 3500 sols and pulls 1500-1600 watts

I went into nicehash software menu and removed the fan control from nicehash.
I downloaded msi afterburner.
I set 59% tdp
I set 95 core plus
I set 230 ram plus
I set fans at 80%

and sols dropped 10% but  power is now 980-1020 vs 1500-1600   this means you can run on a 15 amp usa circuit  since 15 x 120 = 1800 derate to 1440 watts

and 980-1020 is way less then 1500-1600

I will post new video.  in it you will see  some lag this is due to the celeron 3930  but since you won't be using the gear as a real pc you can go low cost with the celeron.  down the road I will upgrade it but that will be a while from now.

hang on I will post video in a bit  it shows the large watts  drop

very nice on this bolded part

first

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-0nlCWXAf0

second  nicehash set to do only zcash and it is controlling fans

nicehash set to do only zcash and msi afterburner has been tweaked

https://youtu.be/9a5zXdRMxxc

Now I have a prototype.

So I had 4gb ram ---------- my opinion is  4gb works good with linux smos nvoc not as good when you do windows

I had the celeron ----------- 3930  my opinion it works with linux better then windows

I have 2 bronze psu's  1000 watt and 800 watt    and I have to check the psu  more closely.

If you have 2 corsair rm1000x    they have 6 jacks  for pcie or cpu.  so 6+6-1 =  11 jacks for pcie

2 headed are  22 jacks.  that  makes for 11 1070's.  I would love to see a jacked version option

but I like this one a lot.  3130 sols at 1020 watts = 3.07sols per watt at the wall.

and well under 50db  nice!
January 18, 2018, 09:43:00 PM

give me time to post it.

it came with 4gb ram I did put in 2x 8gb sticks.  why I had easy access to do it and i have the sticks.

16gb ram
and a i5 7400t cpu.

all that can wait

this is a good piece of gear I will be trying to reduce power and tweak it with software not gear.

So using  nicehash soft ware it does 3500 sols and pulls 1500-1600 watts

I set 59% tdp
I set 95 core plus
I set 230 ram plus
I set fans at 80%

and sols dropped 10% but  power is now 980-1020 vs 1500-1600   this means you can run on a 15 amp usa circuit  since 15 x 120 = 1800 derate to 1440 watts

I will post new video.  in it you will see  some lag this is due to the celeron 3930  but since you won't be using the gear as a real pc you can go low cost with the celeron.  down the road I will upgrade it but that will be a while from now.

hang on I will post video in a bit  it shows the large watts  drop

very nice on this bolded part
legendary
January 18, 2018, 08:29:34 PM
Thank you very much for that first review! Also a little insider tip: If you leave the case closed while its running, the cards in the middle run a bit cooler and the whole unit is slighly more efficient due to the reversed 2x 200mm fans sucking the air out to the front.

Yes temps dropped a little that way.

So far I have it stable.  doing zcash only on nicehash.

I put my btc addy in the NH software you preloaded.

I made sure the cards mine not the cpu
I gave only zcash option .

Biggest suggestion is to place 2 pieces of foam inside case to hold the gpus during transit.

I will pull the celeron and put in an i5  because I like windows to have a better cpu.

If I program it to use smos  I can back off the ram to 4gb and the cpu to celeron
so it came preloaded with the 3930?

This is very cool, always great to see more offerings like this in the space -- a plug and play one click miner could bring a lot of new users to mining which imo is good (more miners = more hodlers?) it's not always all bad xD

Interested to see some of your updates on this as I know you're extremely thorough!

give me time to post it.

16gb ram
and a i5 7400t cpu.

all that can wait

So using  nicehash soft ware it does 3500 sols and pulls 1500-1600 watts

I set 59% tdp
I set 95 core plus
I set 230 ram plus
I set fans at 80%

and sols dropped 10% but  power is now 980-1020 vs 1500-1600   this means you can run on a 15 amp usa circuit  since 15 x 120 = 1800 derate to 1440 watts

I will post new video.  in it you will see  some lag this is due to the celeron 3930  but since you won't be using the gear as a real pc you can go low cost with the celeron.  down the road I will upgrade it but that will be a while from now.

hang on I will post video in a bit  it shows the large watts  drop
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
January 18, 2018, 08:03:38 PM
Thank you very much for that first review! Also a little insider tip: If you leave the case closed while its running, the cards in the middle run a bit cooler and the whole unit is slighly more efficient due to the reversed 2x 200mm fans sucking the air out to the front.

So far I have it stable.  doing zcash only on nicehash.

Biggest suggestion is to place 2 pieces of foam inside case to hold the gpus during transit.

I will pull the celeron and put in an i5  because I like windows to have a better cpu.

If I program it to use smos  I can back off the ram to 4gb and the cpu to celeron
so it came preloaded with the 3930?

This is very cool, always great to see more offerings like this in the space -- a plug and play one click miner could bring a lot of new users to mining which imo is good (more miners = more hodlers?) it's not always all bad xD

Interested to see some of your updates on this as I know you're extremely thorough!
legendary
January 18, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

I will pull the celeron and put in an i5  because I like windows to have a better cpu.

If I program it to use smos  I can back off the ram to 4gb and the cpu to celeron

Would be nice to see a proper review of the unit as shipped before you continue changing components (CPU, RAM, ETC) that YOU think would be better!

I only swapped ram for now.
 2 x 8 = 16
vs 1 x 4 = 4

https://youtu.be/j-0nlCWXAf0
Activity: 11
January 18, 2018, 01:31:11 PM

Would be nice to see a proper review of the unit as shipped before you continue changing components (CPU, RAM, ETC) that YOU think would be better!
January 18, 2018, 11:18:04 AM
I would like to see under the hood pictures

Same, I'm curious how it's pieced together.

No can do. But if you own one it could be copied.

Since they sent it upfront at zero risk to me it. Would not be right to reveal how it was done.

I think it could use ten Msi 1070 itx rather then 13 zotac 1060.

I also think it can do seven 1080ti

Most likely I am keeping it.

I started doing some research after seeing the product photos listed. I came to a similar conclusion after seeing the design of what I believe is the chassis used.

I wonder how much success they will have sourcing GPU's or will they experience the woes like Pandaminer has.

If they had them in stock though and I needed more rigs, I'd totally buy a couple of these if they operate well. There is a lot of time in the rigs I've built to date and I think I would save more if I would have spent more to get a turnkey rig that worked well.
legendary
January 18, 2018, 12:58:18 AM
I would like to see under the hood pictures

Same, I'm curious how it's pieced together.

No can do. But if you own one it could be copied.

Since they sent it upfront at zero risk to me it. Would not be right to reveal how it was done.

I think it could use ten Msi 1070 itx rather then 13 zotac 1060.

I also think it can do seven 1080ti

Most likely I am keeping it.
Pages:
Jump to: