Pages:
Author

Topic: AVALON ASIC has delivered first RIG (68GH/s Confirmed) 2nd out proof - page 4. (Read 39480 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
[01:50] mining!
[01:50] [MHS av] => 68252.65
[01:50] no wai
[01:50] OLE!!!
[01:50] does asic mining mean i can use a pair of shoes to mine bitcoins?
[01:50] ZOMG!
[01:53] now that it's working, it is much more quiet
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
jgarzik:  I sent you credentials if you'd like to use: http://www.btcguild.com/avalon_verification.php  to show it off

Not sure if he will be using it though.

Am sure once he gets to terms and grips with it he will use it. The thing I do not like is no instructions with it on how to use and its using Chinese plug. Would of expected to be made for US power.

We can only await to see what the progress of this is. However I will be placing some orders for them in the next few hours for batch #2
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
jgarzik:  I sent you credentials if you'd like to use: http://www.btcguild.com/avalon_verification.php  to show it off

Not sure if he will be using it though.

Activity: 533
Merit: 500
Thanks very much for showing those photos and congratulations to them for getting the first ASIC out there.

That's...certainly an interesting plug.  Hope it performs well for you!
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003
note: It is still possible for our unit's speed to increase. in addition to a secret that will only be revealed when the units are in customers hands.
So what's this "secret" that will make Avalon worth it all in the end? Can we get a closer look at one of those 3 modular boards?

Hopefully someone will disassemble the unit after they report on the power consumption and hashrate.

That's a massive single heatsink, I guess there are multiple modules that connect to the visible PCB 'backplane' via ribbon cables. Then 3 backplanes at ~22 GH/s @ ~6 watts per gigahash yields ~132w which could be easily powered by a pair of 6-pin PCIe connectors. Top of the unit looks like a bundle of just yellow and black so.. PCIe connectors. Can't wait for someone to tear this thing apart.
Hopefully Jeff has a meter like a Kill-A-Watt.
Activity: 756
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
So what's this "secret" that will make Avalon worth it all in the end? Can we get a closer look at one of those 3 modular boards?
I'm assuming the "secret" is that you can add another board, boosting the hash speed to ~88Gh/s at under the same ~400W.

Taadaaa!!!
Ummm No. If you can add another board, then it will use 1/3 more power, putting you at 88GH/s @ 530W. You don't just add 1/3 more chips and expect a 0% increase in power consumption.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Looks like the air intake for the PSU is close to the bottom PCB.

The heat sink fins are widely spaced, so little heat and a slow fan? 133W per heatsink..

You have to take out of the case, mine in the nude as tradition dictates.
Activity: 697
note: It is still possible for our unit's speed to increase. in addition to a secret that will only be revealed when the units are in customers hands.

Hopefully someone will disassemble the unit after they report on the power consumption and hashrate.

That's a massive single heatsink, I guess there are multiple modules that connect to the visible PCB 'backplane' via ribbon cables. Then 3 backplanes at ~22 GH/s @ ~6 watts per gigahash yields ~132w which could be easily powered by a pair of 6-pin PCIe connectors. Top of the unit looks like a bundle of just yellow and black so.. PCIe connectors. Can't wait for someone to tear this thing apart.
legendary
Activity: 896

I'm assuming the "secret" is that you can add another board, boosting the hash speed to ~88Gh/s at under the same ~400W.

Taadaaa!!!
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
PLUG     IT      IN!!!!
legendary
ANOTHER AWAITED PICTURE

I WONDER WHATS BEHIND DOOR NUMBER 1,2 AND 3

KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003
Someone ought to sticky this thread.
legendary
Activity: 2212
He'll have it paid off in a week or less  Shocked

With no competition he'll do very well,lucky bastard  Cool

It is supposed to be 66GH right  Huh

Difficulty Factor-2968775.33208

Hash Rate (mega-hashes / second)-66000.0

Exchange Rate ($/฿)-19.54

per Day-฿11.18=$218.46

per Week-฿78.26=$1,529.24

per Month-฿339.88=$6,641.28
Activity: 756
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Thats if, its just not an empty case...
legendary
O kso below is some posts and pictures of the new rig. And also updated with a 2nd rig from unknown source however this has 4 modules in it.

https://twitter.com/jgarzik/status/296709252351926273

http://garzikrants.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/once-upon-time-in-china-package-shipped.html

Looks like the race has started and BFG are now behind. I sure as hell would be mining and going crazy with that bad boy.

Updated

Pages:
Jump to: