Pages:
Author

Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread - page 23. (Read 43609 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
May 13, 2013, 07:35:15 AM
It seems that some guy's batch 2 orders start to receive some mails from avalon store already.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2130202
Does anybody got trade-in mail yet?

Activity: 585
Merit: 501
May 13, 2013, 06:02:15 AM
I'm really disappointed by now. I don't really expect much from them anymore. If they can't even be bothered to write a confirmation letter, not much can be expected.
Why you disappointed just now? From the end of January it was clear that it will be pain in ass to get some explanations from Avalon Team. I just submit it and waiting.
Indeed, GMP is in the same situation.

From the information BitSyncom wrote, i assume, that they install the new production line atm, and the delivery should become more easy soon after.
Activity: 798
May 13, 2013, 04:38:14 AM
I'm really disappointed by now. I don't really expect much from them anymore. If they can't even be bothered to write a confirmation letter, not much can be expected.
Why you disappointed just now? From the end of January it was clear that it will be pain in ass to get some explanations from Avalon Team. I just submit it and waiting.
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
May 13, 2013, 03:34:31 AM
Bitsyncom, I expect avalon to compensate me somehow for all the days I dont have my FPGAs running. They are still profitable. Last time I checked they were all getting dust in Mr.Chen closet.

One week before, remember? What do you think about giving us some news on tradein, come here and show some love for old costumers.

Activity: 490
Merit: 255
May 12, 2013, 11:32:07 PM
11187257.00    13382886.88    19.63%

Some engines started...
Where did you find that info? Looking on two sources and can't find numbers you talking about.

An easy site for difficulty estimates is :
http://allchains.info

Though if you are more of a REST kind of guy:
http://blockexplorer.com/q/estimate
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
May 12, 2013, 11:15:55 PM
First number is current difficulty, second number is projected next difficulty, third number is % change.

Keep in mind that the new current difficulty is like 50 blocks old at this point.  Predictions for the next difficulty based on such a short window are, erm, "speculative" at best.
Activity: 798
May 12, 2013, 09:13:48 PM

Some engines started...
Where did you find that info? Looking on two sources and can't find numbers you talking about.
legendary
Activity: 1064
May 12, 2013, 07:46:42 PM

Some engines started...
Activity: 924
May 11, 2013, 12:21:49 AM
Bitsyncom, I expect avalon to compensate me somehow for all the days I dont have my FPGAs running. They are still profitable. Last time I checked they were all getting dust in Mr.Chen closet.

One week before, remember? What do you think about giving us some news on tradein, come here and show some love for old costumers.

Yep, what gives....at least give us an update.  I have a batch #2 trade-in and 2  - batch #3 orders with you guys.   To be nice and professional, I think since their are significant delays you should communicate with your customers or this community more frequently.  Further more I have yet to hear anything about trade-ins after I sent mine in.  Sir, its been weeks.  By trend I am assuming you are making progress, but please focus on batch #2, batch #2 trade-ins, and batch #3 shipments.   Batch #3 on your website says

If I purchase Avalon Unit right now when can I expect to receive my unit?

At the time of writing Batch #3 is expect to start shipping early May.
  on the website it even shows May 5th for a batch #3.

Well its May 10th.   Please keep us more in the loop.

legendary
Activity: 1064
May 10, 2013, 11:52:11 PM

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
May 06, 2013, 04:51:42 AM
My package was just signed for by Mr. Chen. Now, how can I tell if the trade-in has been credited to my order (which still has not shown up on store.avalon-asics.com)?
Activity: 924
May 05, 2013, 07:34:14 PM
Has anyone had any success getting a response from the Avalon team?

Good question. Anyone?

HorseRider,

I have heard nothing Sad
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
May 05, 2013, 02:12:15 AM
Has anyone had any success getting a response from the Avalon team?

Good question. Anyone?
Activity: 55
May 03, 2013, 09:50:38 PM
I ordered 2 trade-ins on Feb. 2, shipped my 2 Icarus boards on April 16 with DHL and they are still stuck in customs. I only have the Walletbit order confirmation. Nothing on the orders page of store.avalon-asics.com. My 2 support tickets have gone unanswered. Has anyone had any success getting a response from the Avalon team?
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
May 03, 2013, 09:57:48 AM
Wow... that would be a hell of a deal.

1) to get an avalon batch 1.5 for like 7 BTC (vs. 75 and 100 BTC us Batch 3-ers paid)
2) and to jump the queue (i.e. batch 1.5 before batch 2)

Makes the 100BTC for batch 3 seem really out there.
Seems like a lot of people are going to be unhappy no matter how they end up honoring this.

More like ~14 BTC per unit at the current exchange rate. I really wish the exchange rate stayed at the 140 level Tongue

But yeah it is a good deal and I think loyal customers deserve it. They took a chance and put their trust in the Avalon team and they should be rewarded for it when possible.

Unhappy? This seems like another example of people being sour that they weren't part of the "early adopter" crowd.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
April 30, 2013, 01:43:14 PM
Wow... that would be a hell of a deal.

1) to get an avalon batch 1.5 for like 7 BTC (vs. 75 and 100 BTC us Batch 3-ers paid)
2) and to jump the queue (i.e. batch 1.5 before batch 2)

Makes the 100BTC for batch 3 seem really out there.
Seems like a lot of people are going to be unhappy no matter how they end up honoring this.

mrb
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027
April 30, 2013, 01:08:45 PM
Okay, all. Thanks for explaining. I always thought trade-ins applied to existing batch limits. But I too would prefer to trade them in for additional Avalon units.
Activity: 46
April 30, 2013, 12:32:08 PM
They received numerous trade in board yet they did not even bother to at least confirm that they received them or to let us know if/when we can pay the difference :/

What do you mean "we can pay the difference"? I ordered Avalon units, paid $1499, sent my trade-ins, so I expect them to pay me the difference, ie. send me $200 per Icarus.

I think the above quote vindicates my perspective on things. I am expecting them to send me a custom order and to pay the difference at the batch 2 price level.

This... I do not think that these units are getting applied to existing orders and that you are getting a "refund" persay. From what I understand, these go towards new units... not existing.
kjj
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1026
April 30, 2013, 09:47:38 AM
Ditto.  I paid full price for my batch #2 order, and I want my trade-ins to be more units at the discounted #2 dollar price.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
April 30, 2013, 09:35:31 AM
They received numerous trade in board yet they did not even bother to at least confirm that they received them or to let us know if/when we can pay the difference :/

What do you mean "we can pay the difference"? I ordered Avalon units, paid $1499, sent my trade-ins, so I expect them to pay me the difference, ie. send me $200 per Icarus.

Well as far as I understood things batch 2 and 3 are separate from trade-ins. So if you're a trade in customer then you are going to be expected to trade in those boards for NEW units that supposedly will be given higher shipping priority. Many of us did not wait for the trade in program and just went ahead and ordered units in batch 2. I do not think the trade-in discount will apply to batch 2. Whether they will allow full price orders (ie batch 2) to convert is another question.

Personally I do NOT want to be given a discount on an existing order. I want the $200 discount per Icarus board to apply to NEW units for which I will pay the remaining difference ($1299) in BTC at the given exchange rate at the time I receive the invoice.

Some snippets from this thread that might shed some light:

"BitSyncom has stated a few times that trade-ins are not subject to batch limitations and will be given priority shipping order" -coretechs

and furthermore:

"A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:" - BitSyncom

I think the above quote vindicates my perspective on things. I am expecting them to send me a custom order and to pay the difference at the batch 2 price level.

Pages:
Jump to: