Pages:
Author

Topic: [Avalon Asic] trade-in Thread - page 22. (Read 43608 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
I got noticed that a batch #2 order shipping to China mainland has been given out tracking number. So the trade-in is very likely has no priority over batch #2, if it is still respected at all.

If this is true it is insane, I had more than enough BTC to pay for one  full order on that first day, I bet I was not the only one that chose tradein and already paid on feb02.
donator
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
May 29, 2013, 09:56:24 PM
I got noticed that a batch #2 order shipping to China mainland has been given out tracking number. So the trade-in is very likely has no priority over batch #2, if it is still respected at all.
yxt
legendary
Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116
May 24, 2013, 12:47:49 AM
@Team Avalon

please give us some feedback  Smiley
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
May 22, 2013, 05:29:05 PM
Secondly its been 5+ weeks and we have heard absolutely nothing.   We have every right to be concerned.

I think we can count ourselves lucky that Yifu was scheduled to speak at the Bitcoin 2013 conference, it seems to have been the catalyst to get the documentation out and the 20 test units shipped.

Who knows how long it would otherwise have taken them to get things sorted out?

Perhaps if BFL starts shipping en masse, they will start shipping Batch #2 machines?

At least a minimal newsletter would be nice at this point...
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1005
May 22, 2013, 04:30:19 PM
I got a few trade-ins. Heard nothing yet.
Activity: 924
May 22, 2013, 02:20:51 PM
He said at the conference "a few weeks" and "at the end of the month" with regards to Batch #2. That seems to indicate to me it's going to be soon, but not as soon as we want it to be, obviously.

The biggest issue I have is Yifu said trade-ins and important people will have priority in batch #2.   Trade-ins do not seem to have priority, let alone any customer contact to confirm they will get a batch #2.

My biggest thing is if you say something, be a man of your word and follow through.    Other thing is be punctual; as in be on time.  I understand in life shit happens, but take accountability for shit happening and explain it.  Accountability, timing and communication are key elements to success in life.
Calm down a bit dude. Batch#2 haven't shipped en masse yet. They test new logistics chain and some of the "lucky 20's" already got their units damaged on arrival. Would you like to be so special to get damaged unit?

Your statements are based on conditional statements...IF you receive an avalon then would you like to be special and receive a damaged unit?  That's a pretty stupid conditional statement.  I doubt any party wants anyone to receive a bad unit.  Getting a Avalon early does not imply receiving a damaged avalon.

Secondly its been 5+ weeks and we have heard absolutely nothing.   We have every right to be concerned.
Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Official sponsor of Microsoft Corp.
May 22, 2013, 02:01:29 PM
He said at the conference "a few weeks" and "at the end of the month" with regards to Batch #2. That seems to indicate to me it's going to be soon, but not as soon as we want it to be, obviously.

The biggest issue I have is Yifu said trade-ins and important people will have priority in batch #2.   Trade-ins do not seem to have priority, let alone any customer contact to confirm they will get a batch #2.

My biggest thing is if you say something, be a man of your word and follow through.    Other thing is be punctual; as in be on time.  I understand in life shit happens, but take accountability for shit happening and explain it.  Accountability, timing and communication are key elements to success in life.
Calm down a bit dude. Batch#2 haven't shipped en masse yet. They test new logistics chain and some of the "lucky 20's" already got their units damaged on arrival. Would you like to be so special to get damaged unit?
Activity: 924
May 22, 2013, 12:28:43 PM

My biggest thing is if you say something, be a man of your word and follow through.    Other thing is be punctual; as in be on time.  I understand in life shit happens, but take accountability for shit happening and explain it.  Accountability, timing and communication are key elements to success in life.
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
May 22, 2013, 12:25:32 PM
legendary
Activity: 1610
May 22, 2013, 10:51:30 AM
Anybody got any updates?  Email, phone call, rumor?
No mention of trade-ins at Bitcoin2013?
Nothing plain zero we have to wait  Cry
Activity: 585
Merit: 501
May 18, 2013, 12:26:23 PM
they are receiving the 2nd batch, any trade-in folks here getting ones ?

I don't think so. Yifu really have to explain the delaying here. It's two months later than the first promised shipping  date.

Yifu you promised us delivery prior batch2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwzHfr-qaFo
donator
May 18, 2013, 01:48:09 AM

I don't think so. Yifu really have to explain the delaying here. It's two months later than the first promised shipping  date.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002
Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.
May 18, 2013, 12:50:50 AM
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
May 17, 2013, 05:35:36 PM
I have got no confirmation of receiving the traded-in FPGA nor the payment instruction, and my batch #2 orders has got no tracking number. Is there still any promise from Avalon can be held? (shipping date, shipping priority, no self-mining, etc.)

So far all the http://store.avalon-asics.com/ fine print ("The no bullshit, no fine print terms of sale") still apply:

No Refunds, No Address Change, Limited Customer Support, Not Newbie Friendly

Where is that quote where they describe miners as the bottom feeders of the bitcoin ecosystem?

So, who is going to Bitcoin 2013 and ask Yifu some burning questions?
donator
May 17, 2013, 12:35:35 PM
I have got no confirmation of receiving the traded-in FPGA nor the payment instruction, and my batch #2 orders has got no tracking number. Is there still any promise from Avalon can be held? (shipping date, shipping priority, no self-mining, etc.)
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I run Linux on my abacus.
May 16, 2013, 03:12:06 AM
Do you feel special?

Do you feel lucky, PUNK??  Grin
Activity: 337
Merit: 252
May 16, 2013, 12:33:58 AM
Trade-In Situation
After much thought, we believe we have figured out the best system for Trade-Ins that will allow people to continue to mine with their FPGA as long as possible yet still able to get their ASIC on the second batch on time. The process will work as follows:

A week before batch #2 is ready to ship, we will make an announcement to those who wish to trade-in their last generation units to sent in their units, once we receive the units a custom order will be made for you to pay the difference depending on what you have trade-in, remember 1 trade-in discount/coupon is allowed per 1 Avalon unit. For clarification the shipping priority is as such:

Sorted from Highest to Lowest.

Developers - e.g. bitcoin core dev and other bitcoin contributor we feel deserve this treatment.
Trade-Ins/Old Customers - your unit will ship soon as we receive the FPGA and you've paid the difference.
Regular Batch #2 Customers - Unfortunately you are not special.

Do you feel special?
legendary
May 15, 2013, 10:54:51 PM
Quote from: BitSyncom
Trade-Ins. Avalon believes in continuing the trust that have build up with our old customers. Reinstating our policy of $300 per Icarus, $400 per Lancelot, limited one FPGA trade-in per ASIC unit. The trade-in program will continue to be available and will apply to 1st-gen Avalons when the time comes.

so i think/hope batch2-price

Yes this is correct, we uphold our words. expect a news letter soon with details.
legendary
Activity: 1610
May 15, 2013, 10:57:34 AM
Bump
Any updates here mails received? I do still have nothing
legendary
May 13, 2013, 09:31:23 AM
Bitsyncom, I expect avalon to compensate me somehow for all the days I dont have my FPGAs running. They are still profitable. Last time I checked they were all getting dust in Mr.Chen closet.

One week before, remember? What do you think about giving us some news on tradein, come here and show some love for old costumers.

I'm really disappointed by now. I don't really expect much from them anymore. If they can't even be bothered to write a confirmation letter, not much can be expected.

they are sorting out orders, asic is coming!
Pages:
Jump to: