Pages:
Author

Topic: Avalon batch#2 Re-open 2/18 - page 3. (Read 20067 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
February 20, 2013, 04:38:34 PM
I was talking about the Batch #1. I find the lack of information about that really indicative...

Ok we are talking about two different things now Smiley I was referring to the new dates shown for Batch 2 part 2.

I haven't seen the batch 1 shipment date change at all. March 1st is still there and its only Feb 20th. Though the time is coming soon. Now that CNY is over I am sure it will be a very interesting two weeks Smiley
Lets hope they don't change that and that they account for the 12 units shipped daily since a month ago + the 53 units sent trught "that had the best chance to make it out of china". Seeing those 300 units shipped for real would be really interesting.

What disturbed be is that the date was changed today, it wasn't there 2 days ago when I placed my order.

And yes, I'm dumb because I placed the order the very day I saw BFL inventing such a ridiculous excuse such as "it's president way, we called and they responded, but our guy there was on holiday". No news until now, ridiculous is not enough. So I think that I did the right choose with this order, but I don't like dates being pushed foward the day after I order.

So, if they ship batch 1 in time, they will have my trust again.
legendary
Activity: 889
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin calls me an Orphan
February 20, 2013, 04:30:16 PM
I was talking about the Batch #1. I find the lack of information about that really indicative...

Ok we are talking about two different things now Smiley I was referring to the new dates shown for Batch 2 part 2.

I haven't seen the batch 1 shipment date change at all. March 1st is still there and its only Feb 20th. Though the time is coming soon. Now that CNY is over I am sure it will be a very interesting two weeks Smiley
legendary
February 20, 2013, 04:18:46 PM
Anyway after this I think that we seriously deserve an update about the REAL status of the shipping...

I think he did give a REAL status. March 10th at least. Again it would make sense if they had about 300 orders the first round of batch 2. I can only speculate on the later date of April 15th as too many orders and giving a real ETA? Today I saw -19 units in stock. Could that mean another 19 units where purchased after the said "Out of Stock" notification popped up?

I have no idea when that date was thrown up there. It could have been the start of the Part 2 of the second batch order and I totally missed it.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 04:17:26 PM
Anyway after this I think that we seriously deserve an update about the REAL status of the shipping...

I think he did give a REAL status. March 10th at least. Again it would make sense if they had about 300 orders the first round of batch 2. I can only speculate on the later date of April 15th as too many orders and giving a real ETA? Today I saw -19 units in stock. Could that mean another 19 units where purchased after the said "Out of Stock" notification popped up?

I have no idea when that date was thrown up there. It could have been the start of the Part 2 of the second batch order and I totally missed it.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 04:12:08 PM
Another thing about being dumb: You posted in other thread (BFL god forbidden)..... 130w vs 72w is a 20% difference. This is for the SC single power consumption.
I don't recall what kind of calculation i did, but it was correct. I was assuming 6 chips/single and not 8, etc. No need to troll here, FYI.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 20, 2013, 04:09:34 PM
Looks like Avalon caught a small dose of BFL flu.
If you order now this batch is scheduled to start shipping by March 10th and before April 15th.

Your quote has no link. Where did you get such dates?
On the ufficial store... Don't know, I feel treated like a dumb, changing the terms after the order...

You feel dumb? really???

U already prove yourself dumb for ordering with a term of " no refund, no questions, we can fck your mom and you cant do anything about it"

Yeah....

Another thing about being dumb: You posted in other thread (BFL god forbidden)..... 130w vs 72w is a 20% difference. This is for the SC single power consumption.

So yeah.... dont feel dumb,..... if you do, i feel sorry for you.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 03:44:14 PM
legendary
February 20, 2013, 03:11:19 PM
now we know how BFL customers feel? Dont get me wrong. I am also a BFL customer. But dates have been pushed out a lot with them also. Why BowJob made the BFL flu comment.. which i must say is pretty fricken funny now Smiley
Yes but I had more trust in Avalon than what they deserved. I always defended them, for being unable to ship in time till now. I was wrong.
legendary
February 20, 2013, 02:58:50 PM
Ahh i see it now.. good find.. but disappointing. I can understand the March 10th as first part of batch 2 will at least take up some time.

Moving out to April 15th. That's a little disheartening.

changing the terms after the order...

now we know how BFL customers feel? Dont get me wrong. I am also a BFL customer. But dates have been pushed out a lot with them also. Why BowJob made the BFL flu comment.. which i must say is pretty fricken funny now Smiley
legendary
February 20, 2013, 02:51:45 PM
If you order now this batch is scheduled to start shipping by March 10th and before April 15th.

On the ufficial store... Don't know, I feel treated like a dumb, changing the terms after the order...
legendary
February 20, 2013, 02:43:02 PM

Activity: 294
February 20, 2013, 02:39:49 PM
Activity: 298
February 20, 2013, 02:09:14 PM
...... due to limits on mtgox withdrawal, had enough bitcoins but no access to all of them, kinda like a bank giving you limits to your own money Sad

this is why I prefer a local encrypted wallet on my PC. No trust in third party.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
February 20, 2013, 05:07:50 AM
Why not try an alternative? Bitstamp for example doesn't have limits I think.
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
February 19, 2013, 10:53:47 PM
the checkout was great with walletbit but confusing because once you made the payment it just counts down and does nothing and no quick email reply once payment was received or some sort of confirmation would of been nice... I got lucky but not so lucky because I wasn't able to get another one due to limits on mtgox withdrawal, had enough bitcoins but no access to all of them, kinda like a bank giving you limits to your own money Sad
Activity: 817
Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com
February 19, 2013, 01:44:02 PM
Now if they could only confirm batch 2.0 orders.
Activity: 339
dafq is goin on
February 19, 2013, 01:23:03 PM
My friend got the avalon confirmation email. Not really smooth everything yesterday, but that yesterday resembles a bit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW6lbjK4oXg

Normal that there were some harc corners. But everythings fine now. keep up the good work...
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
February 19, 2013, 01:06:05 PM
Order 1440, what a pain in the arse walletbit was...!

Why do you say that?
IMHO except for the "secure card" walletbit was pretty smooth.

I lost several hours to the "secure card" issue.  However, I eventually found out what it was, printed it out, and completed the order.
Now that I know what it is, I think that keeping the secure card, but with an obvious link on the page, e.g., your secure card here, is the way to go.

Precisely, there was no explanation that I/my colleagues could see to explain what the hell the securecard part of the payment process was at the checkout, the knowledge seemed to be assumed. We had to go back to the main walletbit site, find the info, and even when we found the securecard bit, it still didn't explain what the hell it was.

This was not helped by us frantically trying to make our order before out basket timed out.

We eventually figured it out, and the one time card idea is pretty neat.

But it was so different that it confused, and confusing is not good in a time crunch.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1002
February 19, 2013, 10:50:36 AM

Why do you say that?

I lost several hours to the "secure card" issue.  However, I eventually found out what it was, printed it out, and completed the order.
Now that I know what it is, I think that keeping the secure card, but with an obvious link on the page, e.g., your secure card here, is the way to go.
Activity: 298
February 19, 2013, 10:19:44 AM

Why do you say that?
Pages:
Jump to: