Pages:
Author

Topic: avoiding ICO scam and frauds - page 5. (Read 599 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 257
June 02, 2018, 10:58:14 AM
I was scammed By clout team with sean kirtz. They worked with big name as David Cohen (David was a member of the IOTA Foundation during the IOTA Token Cryptocurrency launch).

Now, I look:
-activity on bitcointalk by team
-activity on bitcointalk by community
-Bounty campagin: too many bounty hunters= dump wuickly. You could see this on their telegram with dumb questions by bounty hunters
-whitepaper + repartitions for the tokens
Activity: 508
Merit: 0
June 02, 2018, 10:51:59 AM
My trick is always so, I read the white paper, roadmap, website and others about it but there are still lies only some of them who appreciate me, thanks to the enlightenment of senior friends above my knowledge so increased. Cheesy
Activity: 893
Merit: 250
June 02, 2018, 10:23:00 AM
We all are well aware of ICO frauds.

I use the strategy to start with a whitepaper, see team member details and the roadmap.

What strategy you adopt to make sure the ICO is not a scam/fraud?
The code, whitepaper, the history of tema and the community feed back about that. But it will be very important to understand the code. Remember the community is also playing a really important role to determine which is a scam ico. Because you will have more support data.
Activity: 672
Merit: 252
Until the end
June 02, 2018, 10:10:12 AM

I use the strategy to start with a whitepaper, see team member details and the roadmap.

Whitepaper is okay, check it for spelling and grammar errors. 

Roadmap is almost useless if they are a scam.  They can say anything they want and make it look good.  Basically it's a list of promises.

Team member details though is where you can get the most bang for your buck.  No last names?  SCAM.  No social media profiles?  SCAM.  Not on LinkedIn?  SCAM.

There are exceptions to this though, there are a few Crypto personalities that are known by there crypto-names, like JL777.  He has been around for a while now and is a major developer of the Komodo Platform and before that Bitcoin Dark.  If you can find information about the team members on social media and interact with them before investing then the chance of a scam goes down.  Make sure if you do find them on Facebook or whatever that they have been around for a long time.  If you find team members that all have their social media profiles made the week before the ICO was announced it is a scam.
Activity: 148
Merit: 11
June 02, 2018, 09:57:20 AM
maybe we need friends or local community to ensure or decide an ico that we will choose.

It may be possible for few ICOs for sure but not with hundreds or thousands of ICOs launched globally.

If we don't have a workable strategy bad guys will continue to steal money.
Activity: 322
June 02, 2018, 09:54:46 AM

I also use the same strategy as you have., but for me, whatever types of this information that we could get from reading all those information from their website, its the willingness of the developers team is the most important in running the ICO or the project, it doesnt matter how good the roadmaps, the team members or anything, because its just a showcase of themselves posted on the website. so we have no assurance on how legit it was. So i will stick with my always 1 rule, in investing an ICO, a cross finger that the only Creator on earth will guide them to pursue their projects
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
June 02, 2018, 09:54:24 AM
it is very difficult to distinguish the promising ico and ico scam. researching the entire contents of a whitepaper is also not enough to ensure an ico. I am also confused to make sure, maybe we need friends or local community to ensure or decide an ico that we will choose.
Activity: 148
June 02, 2018, 09:20:43 AM

Pages:
Jump to: