Pages:
Author

Topic: Axorb/ mukundh3 [Resolved] - page 2. (Read 15109 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
June 17, 2013, 07:00:32 AM
selling this circus, for some serious people, who considering investing into bitcoins is a jaw dropping.

I dont care who is scamming, who is not scamming as long it did not come to me. And it did come to me at this time. Some kids calling me, trying to fix price, asking were I live, proposing to meet, lakhs deals  ect. I guess been mixed in shit is a part of been bitcoiner in India

You should see some of the calls that I get Pinwheel. And the best part is that I don't even do trades that much. I also know that buysellbitco.in has his share of problems as well. I know few people who came forward and then had to step down due to several issues revolving around the lack of an easy entry barrier to Bitcoin.

This is not just in India, but a global problem.

Let us know if you would like some help. Do pass on information such as IP addresses, phone numbers, names, etc and we can launch a community effort to weed India of this problem.

And remember, I am not offering to do this as a moderator, but as a friend and a fellow Bitcoiner who has a lot of respect for your role in Bitcoin.

what I expect from you is doing your job as staff and mod. Start giving TAGs and try to clean this section of forums from these narcissistic kids. But seems like you are not the man up to the job. You cannot see difference between buying Sony TV and scam btc sale offer. Get it clear in your head first, what you want this place to be and how you want the other people value your offers.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
June 17, 2013, 06:59:31 AM
selling this circus, for some serious people, who considering investing into bitcoins is a jaw dropping.

I dont care who is scamming, who is not scamming as long it did not come to me. And it did come to me at this time. Some kids calling me, trying to fix price, asking were I live, proposing to meet, lakhs deals  ect. I guess been mixed in shit is a part of been bitcoiner in India

Bro listen, im only going to do this once, you were originally being productive on my thread, thank you, and i definately will check that seller has coins in future next time. But you have to stop your whining. It's an open market, i dunno if anyone has explained economics to you.

Sorry mate, first time trading, taking me some time to gauge the best and safest method to buy. People are offering better deals than yours, but they are all involving cash deposit, and im still a little vary. Last offer, but would you consider doing avg price +5%? So around 20*(1.05*100.5)*57.01=1,20,320? Let me know mate. It'll take me some time to find that reliance mart but i think i can make it there

my rate is 6500 for today

Read that a couple of times before you reply. I say last offer, and i tell u in a previous pm that 10% on goxl is too high. I remember checking the price when you replied, and 6500 was a little more than 10% at the time. So no, i got peeved and i didn't reply, sorry if i hurt your ego man. But i wasnt going to pay 10% more on such a big deal because you think your some cybergod with 200 btc.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000
Landscaping Bitcoin for India!
June 17, 2013, 06:57:40 AM
Can you provide the transaction hash or an address, I am sure that Pinwheel will feel much better after that bit.
June 17, 2013, 06:54:38 AM

You should see some of the calls that I get Pinwheel. And the best part is that I don't even do trades that much. I also know that buysellbitco.in has his share of problems as well. I know few people who came forward and then had to step down due to several issues revolving around the lack of an easy entry barrier to Bitcoin.

Let us know if you would like some help. Do pass on information such as IP addresses, phone numbers, names, etc and we can launch a community effort to weed India of this problem.

And remember, I am not offering to do this as a moderator, but as a friend and a fellow Bitcoiner who has a lot of respect for your role in Bitcoin.

Hi mate, just wanted to say a few things. My payment just came through, and was in contact with axorb the entire time, but was definately stressed to say the least, and in retrospect, i lost alot of time and money also because of the delay's, so yes i should have taken more of an initial effort on my part, and i did a check on his address, which shows that u got the coins just some time back, so yes maybe he did take my money and buy the coins (i would not even have had a problem with this, except that i was told ill get the coin latest today morning, and ive lost a decent sum because i could not). That being said, i would do business again with axorb. And yes, not going on escrow was a risk im not sure i should take again, the grey hairs ive got today would say its not worth it. Thanks everyone for your replies, i know i could have got scammed very easily, good thing axorb is a good guy, thank god and thank karma Cheesy
legendary
June 17, 2013, 06:31:30 AM

Activity: 546
Merit: 501
Cypherpunk and full-time CryptoAnarchist
June 17, 2013, 06:01:50 AM

Play it  cool, you   know  how  to  identify scammers,  if   people  become  even  a little  suspicious  just  cut  communication.
In regards  to  other  sellers  cutting  you  off.  just  take  it  easy. free  enterprises will always  give  rise  to  alot  of  competition .  I  say  every  thing  is  ok  as  long  as   deals on both  sides  are done with honor. 
June 17, 2013, 05:44:19 AM

June 17, 2013, 05:05:56 AM
looks  like  someone's  got  a  crush  setting  on  lol  ...   seeing   exotic  dancers  as me  hum.....  dont know if it  could be  a complement  or not.....  but any  ways  it  better  that nothing.  Kiss
legendary
June 17, 2013, 04:58:58 AM
hey whats my name  doing  here.  granted  i'm special, and you  guys  just love me  so much, but  dam ....  next  to an  exotic dancer.. now  that is  just not true.. may be  in college, but  those  were   old  time   lol

Lol, not sure mate. When I write, words simply flow and somehow subvolatil followed exotic dancers. Smiley

Hahaha, now that sounded even weirder.
June 17, 2013, 03:55:30 AM
I do agree with your stance on not recommending any one as Mod.. But Mod is also a person and can have opinions.. He is not a judge or something like that who can not say ok i will recommend this or that.. As far as being mod, I see your responsibility only to avoid spam, organize the board and make sure the discussions are on topic. I do not see you as scam protector or internet police. People must use precaution to save them selves from scam. It is not your duty to save every one out here.

I love posting my opinions, recommendations, thoughts, etc as a person, not a mod. buysellbitco.in is spot on with my responsibilities on the forum.
Internet Policing, Scam chasing, Escrow, Jokes, posts etc are all things that I do as a Bitcoiner, not as a Moderator.
If someone asks me to arbitrate a problem, I will help for sure and I do not care if my opinions are heard or not. I will try my best to stop scams if I am sure that something is not in place.

As far as I can understand all Pinwheel is saying is that people jumping in on each trade with offers like below :
Quote from: legendster on June 12, 2013, 05:18:17 PM
Doing a transaction this size would definitely help me clear my name and get some recognition to KROGYAN.

I m from kolkata, I ll provide my PAN and Bank details.

I'll give you similar rates of what you are asking.

I wont risk my own money into this but would definitely like to talk about it in PM if you would.

The above post was funny to me to be honest. Which mature individual in their right minds would even thing of considering an attempt at assuming that this could have reached the point of sale.

This is free market economics and yes, they also have scammers, exotic dancers and subvolatil. Smiley

hey whats my name  doing  here.  granted  i'm special, and you  guys  just love me  so much, but  dam ....  next  to an  exotic dancer.. now  that is  just not true.. may be  in college, but  those  were   old  time   lol  
legendary
June 17, 2013, 03:44:04 AM
I do agree with your stance on not recommending any one as Mod.. But Mod is also a person and can have opinions.. He is not a judge or something like that who can not say ok i will recommend this or that.. As far as being mod, I see your responsibility only to avoid spam, organize the board and make sure the discussions are on topic. I do not see you as scam protector or internet police. People must use precaution to save them selves from scam. It is not your duty to save every one out here.

I love posting my opinions, recommendations, thoughts, etc as a person, not a mod. buysellbitco.in is spot on with my responsibilities on the forum.
Internet Policing, Scam chasing, Escrow, Jokes, posts etc are all things that I do as a Bitcoiner, not as a Moderator.
If someone asks me to arbitrate a problem, I will help for sure and I do not care if my opinions are heard or not. I will try my best to stop scams if I am sure that something is not in place.

As far as I can understand all Pinwheel is saying is that people jumping in on each trade with offers like below :
Quote from: legendster on June 12, 2013, 05:18:17 PM
Doing a transaction this size would definitely help me clear my name and get some recognition to KROGYAN.

I wont risk my own money into this but would definitely like to talk about it in PM if you would.

The above post was funny to me to be honest. Which mature individual in their right minds would even think of considering an attempt at assuming that this could have reached the point of sale.

This is free market economics and yes, they also have scammers, exotic dancers and subvolatil. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
June 17, 2013, 03:34:51 AM

You and buysellbitco.in are the only 2 people that I have ever recommended to anyone to buy without escrow. That may be the only mistake that I have made and I will not repeat that mistake.

which I personally do not think is wrong.. But I agree with Pinwheel's concerns that people may get scammed if they do not take enough precaution. But IMHO Pinwheel is being too harsh.

Any ways good luck to everyone involved in this transaction...

Cheers
legendary
June 17, 2013, 02:44:32 AM
means if somebody offer to sale bitcoins which he does not have, it is OK if he fills demand. It is not OK.  Sale offer of item which you dont have is a SCAM. What I propose to show prove that seller in fact have bitcoins. Nobody did.

I think this sale of 20 btc is a fake, show me this 20btc transaction to prove other wise. If not it is a scam.

When I bought my Bravia from Sony, they had to procure the unit to sell to me. I got it delivered the next day. I do not know if they had to buy it after taking my money or if they really had it in a warehouse as they had mentioned. But I did get the television set for sure.

20 BTC is a large amount. If the seller does come close to selling, he will have to use Escrow or Face to Face. This goes without saying.

This is a place where a lot of libertarians and free speech champions reside. I have not yet distracted from my goal of not being judgmental or partial till date and I have no plans of changing the same.

You and buysellbitco.in are the only 2 people that I have ever recommended to anyone to buy without escrow. That may be the only mistake that I have made and I will not repeat that mistake.
June 17, 2013, 02:06:03 AM
Benson, if you are covering up for scammers, then you are scammer too. you are trying to introduce trading rules which will facilitate scams, that means you are scammer. Last thing any one need here mod scammer.

What trading rules am I facilitating? If you feel that any of my actions indicate scam, do request a scammer tag.

I do understand the need and necessity for Escrow and fair trade. This is why I provide the service. But people are 100% free to use the service or not.

Frame your accusations correctly. This is not appreciated and does not bear any resemblance to what has been said.

you wrote:
As long as the supplier fills the demand, one way or the other, there should be no problems.

means if somebody offer to sale bitcoins which he does not have, it is OK if he fills demand. It is not OK.  Sale offer of item which you dont have is a SCAM. What I propose to show prove that seller in fact have bitcoins. Nobody did.

I think this sale of 20 btc is a fake, show me this 20btc transaction to prove other wise. If not it is a scam.
legendary
June 17, 2013, 01:14:14 AM
Benson, if you are covering up for scammers, then you are scammer too. you are trying to introduce trading rules which will facilitate scams, that means you are scammer. Last thing any one need here mod scammer.

What trading rules am I facilitating? If you feel that any of my actions indicate scam, do request a scammer tag.

I do understand the need and necessity for Escrow and fair trade. This is why I provide the service. But people are 100% free to use the service or not.

Frame your accusations correctly. This is not appreciated and does not bear any resemblance to what has been said.

June 17, 2013, 12:26:46 AM
legendary
June 16, 2013, 02:12:45 PM
Went through the threads and here are my satoshis.

As long as the supplier fills the demand, one way or the other, there should be no problems. I know some high stakes sellers, who do take pre-orders on Bitcoin. They are quite transparent though, as this is a very high risk business. Their customers know that it is a pre-order before they buy.

For those who have not seen the magnificent scams of Bitcoin, you may want to visit some of the older threads to understand why Pinwheel, buysellbitco.in, escrow.ms, myself and so many others are so passionate about secure sales.

There have been several senior/ hero member/ escrow services/ banks, etc that have vanished overnight after reaching a certain exit amount. They were always awesome with the smaller deals, and they built their business models around improving the deposit amounts from customers.
We had discussed this during some of our first few meetups about a trust center and we all realized that it is an Achilles heel in Bitcoin.

* No Bitcoin seller will first send out Bitcoins to a new buyer. They have to get cash in hand first due to its non-reversible nature. This may change in time as trust grows.
* Try to ascertain brick and mortar identity of the seller. Else ravage the internet for reputation threads and multiple mentions. If there are no matches or if there are dodgy results that do not feel right, do challenge them on the forums and clear out any misconceptions.
* Use escrow only when certain of the Guarantor. Try to use PGP encryption as far as possible with multiple auth techniques before finalizing the deal. Ensure contracts and terms/ follow up is made in a public thread.
* This is not about an individual sale. Every scam becomes a public debacle and increases the amount of time taken for Bitcoin to reach critical mass. Every scam affects Bitcoins price.

Computer technology is on the verge of providing the ability for individuals and groups to communicate and interact with each other in a totally anonymous manner. These developments will alter completely the nature of government regulation, the ability to tax and control economic interactions, the ability to keep information secret, and will even alter the nature of trust and reputation. - Tim May
June 16, 2013, 01:08:59 PM

We firmly believe the current market rates in India is hurting bitcoin adoption ( We are also part of this bullshit as of now ) and that we will try to change. Trust me guys the business you see on forums is nothing.

Cheers

Well i  have  raised this issue  before  and   did  suggest  a  few  solutions  to  it  but  no one  wants  to  use  it  ckz  it becomes  a  change  from  their  normal  routine.  Some  how  i  feel  us  Indians  resists  change.

Any  ways  i  dont know,   if  it is  possible  for  some of us to  meet  up,  may  be  on freenode  and   thrash out  solutions  to  many  problems  plaguing   the indian bitcoin  community . 
legendary
Activity: 1105
Merit: 1001
https://www.zebpay.com
June 16, 2013, 12:53:34 PM
Really not sure why it turned out to be such hate thread Sad

Few things I would like to raise here :
1. India is still not a huge market. In small market competition and more providers are good as they will allow the market to grow. You can dominate market later once there actually is market.
2. Escrow is must for Internet deals and it is good that senior members try to advise others to use it. But if someone does not want to use or has other plans or taken precaution its his/her will. Let them do it.

We firmly believe the current market rates in India is hurting bitcoin adoption ( We are also part of this bullshit as of now ) and that we will try to change. Trust me guys the business you see on forums is nothing.

Cheers
June 16, 2013, 08:55:19 AM

is not I made myself clear. It is normal practice on this forum to ask some one to show bitcoin address where he has bitcoins. Many people been asked and shown a prove of that they have bitcoins. I asked two persons here who proposed to sale 20 btc to show me prove you have it.
Nothing offensive here. How you planing to establish bitcoin as a legit biz in India, when this clown running their tricks and nobody call them out. So I calling them out.

Using escrow is a must of course

I agree, but only buyer should ask for proofs not you and me, if he's paying upfront otherwise escrow is must.

common buyer him self is a piece of tool here.

Your too sore a guy man. Ive exchanged info with him, and i got enough vouches and i went for a transaction. In retrospect, i should have used a middleman, cause the transaction took longer than a day anyway. Thanks for your initial help, it was actually useful, but you dont have to lose your cool and start spamming like an idiot just because i dont want to buy 200 of your overpriced btc.
Pages:
Jump to: