Pages:
Author

Topic: ayn rand - page 3. (Read 3616 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
July 27, 2012, 12:04:52 PM
She was an ugly dyke.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1032
RIP Mommy
July 26, 2012, 08:57:43 PM
Haven't read Atlas Shrugged, but I did see the first movie (second has yet to be released). It is bone-chilling how similar it is to reality. If you want to not be fucked over by the government and run an honest business these days, then you need to ask: Who is John Galt?
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1010
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
July 26, 2012, 04:40:24 PM
Bitcoin has nothing to do with Randian philosphy. It takes a globally funded internet to even begin to develop something like Bitcoin. You can't control your own money and control the network it runs on. It takes a collective agreement to allow the internet to exist. Rand didn't understand that the people that took her father's wealth were desperate and got that way because of unbridled capitalism. It doesn't justify their actions, but for some reason Rand used her spite to justify her own equally unreasonable worldview.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
July 26, 2012, 04:19:26 PM
Her ideal was man as an end in himself. This relates perfectly to Bitcoin. We own it to enrich ourselves, not the fucking financial elite and free spending dictators.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
July 26, 2012, 03:15:41 PM
I thought Atlas was an interesting story. But she likes to exhault the virtuous side of the guilded age wealthy elites while glossing over the awful outcomes it brought most Americans. She has to invent greedy government agencies and forget about the profound greed that brought down the markets in the 20's. I think "There will be blood" is a better look into the minds of such barrons.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 26, 2012, 03:03:30 PM

It was the meth.
Activity: 247
Merit: 250
July 26, 2012, 12:06:44 PM
I'm not going to lie, your post isn't very coherent.  But if your question is what do people see in her books, I might be able to answer that.  I personally can relate with her books.  In Atlas, her vision of the future is my vision of the future.  I don't think our current government operates in the best interest of its people.  Too much regulation crushes productivity & innovation.  When less than 100% are in charge, it makes it easier & easier for them to be bribed or just plain bias.  Her dream world is my dream world.  And bitcoin gets us that much closer in my opinion.  But you'll definitely find people on this forum that detest her ideals.  I'm not sure if they dislike bitcoin as well or see it as a way to promote their own society.
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
July 26, 2012, 04:28:48 AM
Hello everyone, thought I'd ask this here are bitcoin tends to attract all sorts of creazies (found my way here, didn't I?)
I've justn finished reading the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, by Ayn Rand ans as usual after reading her books, I'm confused. On the one hand there is a quite good storytelling skill, with mastery of the hero with a thousand faces as well as emphatic developement. On the other hand there is a very strong ugliness of spirit, appeal to man's (and woman, everyone is shit) baser instincts and social theories that generally only hold up to a mild breeze..

I'm not sure what I'm trying to discuss, but there should be enough fodder here for a few pages.

Oh yes, a question! Why do I like those books? I'm a dyed in the wool troskyite who has been that way for a very long time. Why do I like her style?b She's the moral equivalent of the root of negative one.

help?

When people ask me what I'm reading, I tell them a treatise about facist archistecture (the fountainhead) or motor design, how do we explain this shamefulk attraction to her work?
Pages:
Jump to: