Pages:
Author

Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero or CN-Heavy:Super Easy and Super Profitable - page 4. (Read 24046 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1
Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!
are you prepared for the RandomX fork?
Yeah, i'm aware of the fork and i am currently working on finding the optimal settings for mining with azure.
Activity: 198
are you prepared for the RandomX fork?
- but why it's not worthwhile ,i mean both have similer profits (if you have 9 free trial or 18 student accounts) ,or there is other problems ?
- for the settings i use the (f2/2 cores/4GB) and today i get :
  west us 2 around 600h/s (24h average) with different combination of pool cores (2,2,2,2,2/4,4,2/5,5/10)
  north central us , north europe , east us around 800h/s (24h average )
- for the gcloud they quickly torn off my instances

If your instances get shut down, it's a good sign that you are violating the ToS and you should probably stop what you are doing.
About the trial-accounts: of course you could keep on creating new trial accounts with fake identities. But is this really the way you want to do it? If you think about it a little you also must come to the conclusion that this is bad for your karma.

And about the hashrate: Azure has different types of CPUs in different regions. Also the actual performance depends on the cpu-usage of the VMs of other customers running on the same CPU (the script has a function to recalibrate itself to get the best hashrate). So there are some reasons for the fluctuation. When i created the script i did some experiments and got best results with the "east us"-region and f2 instances. Of course, it would be nice if you can post here if you find better settings.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
900 h\s is at the lower range... But there's always some fluctuation. Did you use the settings described in the guide?

By the way, it sounds like you're using trial accounts - please don't do that, it's just  not worthwhile. You really need a msdn account if you want to use the script.

- but why it's not worthwhile ,i mean both have similer profits (if you have 9 free trial or 18 student accounts) ,or there is other problems ?
- for the settings i use the (f2/2 cores/4GB) and today i get :
  west us 2 around 600h/s (24h average) with different combination of pool cores (2,2,2,2,2/4,4,2/5,5/10)
  north central us , north europe , east us around 800h/s (24h average )
- for the gcloud they quickly torn off my instances
thanks for the script op

i just run you script on gcloud (this i my first day on mining world so i am a total newbie) with 2 instance (24cores+8cores) and get 600h/s+250h/s is this normal
For best results you should use instances with less cores, e.g. 2 or 4 cores per instance.

nd for azure what is your average h/s on 20 cores (1 pool) because after 10 hours mine is between 750h/s and 900h/s

sorry for my bad english

900 h\s is at the lower range... But there's always some fluctuation. Did you use the settings described in the guide?

By the way, it sounds like you're using trial accounts - please don't do that, it's just  not worthwhile. You really need a msdn account if you want to use the script.
Activity: 2
thanks for the script op

i just run you script on gcloud (this i my first day on mining world so i am a total newbie) with 2 instance (24cores+8cores) and get 600h/s+250h/s is this normal

and for azure what is your average h/s on 20 cores (1 pool) because after 10 hours mine is between 750h/s and 900h/s

sorry for my bad english
Thank you so much for script.
I just wanted to ask that I'm getting less than 10$ for 100 azure credits. Is it normal? Following your guide f2, us east, xmr mining.
What coins do you suggest for best payout?
Thanks.

Unfortunately altcoin-prices are very low right now, so profitability is very bad.
You can check https://www.cryptunit.com for other coins...
Personally, I mine xmr, even if sometimes other coins would yield a higher dollar-value (after all, xmr is one of the top-altcoins).
Otherwise, I am also mining banano - profitability is equally bad, but I find mining it is more fun than xmr Smiley
See https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Run_Folding_At_Home_in_the_Azure_Cloud.html for more info about mining banano.
Activity: 3
i have a problem, i not have subscription.

Sorry, mining with azure is only profitable if you have free credits from e.g. a MSDN-subscription. If you have to pay for the VMs you will lose money. With the current market situation, you'll make maybe 20$ in cryptocurrency if you spend 100$ for azure-vms (the exact numbers depend on the current exchange-rates and which coin you mine).

Thank you so much for script.
I just wanted to ask that I'm getting less than 10$ for 100 azure credits. Is it normal? Following your guide f2, us east, xmr mining.
What coins do you suggest for best payout?
Thanks.

Sorry, mining with azure is only profitable if you have free credits from e.g. a MSDN-subscription. If you have to pay for the VMs you will lose money. With the current market situation, you'll make maybe 20$ in cryptocurrency if you spend 100$ for azure-vms (the exact numbers depend on the current exchange-rates and which coin you mine).

Activity: 1
if i want to start mining.

East US
Linux
Ubuntu
D2 V3 2 vCPU  8 GB Ram 50GB storage ----> 0.019 USD/hour

10 virtual machine X 730 hours  ----> 138.70 USD

Standar HDD S4 32 Gib 1.536 USD/Month

Storage transactions 100 x $0.0005 ----> $0.05

TOTAL -->  $138.75

if i purchase this.

how much hash i made to pay and get some gain?

Will the current configuration of script monero give good results?
Hi everybody,

FYI: apparently azure has increased the price for the F-instances. If you have a MSDN Enterprise subscription, your free credits will only be enough to run 9 instances (for a total of 18 cores) instead of the previously 10 instances. For MSDN Professional still 3 instances are possible.

If you have run out of free credits, azure will delete your pools. You'll have to re-setup your pools (just use 9 instances instead of previously 10).
Activity: 686
Merit: 100
Thank you very much for the script, i will definitely try with nimiq Wink
Hi everybody,

FYI: I have updated the used xmr-stak to version 2.10.4.

Also, i have added a password-field to the detailed script-generator at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html. This makes it easier to add custom worker-IDs (for pools that expect the ID in the password-field) or to setup merged-mining as requested by mk111.
Activity: 230
Please implement merged mining Smiley

https://lokiturtle.herominers.com/#getting-started
Double profits!

I have added the option "Generic cryptonight_turtle" to my script-generator at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html. You can add the Loki-wallet as normal in the wallet-field, however, for now you'll have to enter your turtle-wallet manually into the script - just replace the phrase "export pool_pass1=x" with "export pool_pass1=TRTLxxxxxxx" (where TRTLxxxxxxx is your turtle-wallet) in the generated script.
I just tested it and in the pool's dashboard i can see both the loki and the turtle-balance increasing.

I'll add a field to directly edit the password later to the script-generator.

Edit:  Note: when manually adding your wallet, take care not to add any spaces to the generated script.

Awesome thanks! Will try it out
Activity: 630
Merit: 100
The difficulty levels have fallen for monero due to the hard fork so it's possible to get more coin right now. I'm sure that will change as the miners switch over or new monero fans join in
Please implement merged mining Smiley

https://lokiturtle.herominers.com/#getting-started
Double profits!

I have added the option "Generic cryptonight_turtle" to my script-generator at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html. You can add the Loki-wallet as normal in the wallet-field, however, for now you'll have to enter your turtle-wallet manually into the script - just replace the phrase "export pool_pass1=x" with "export pool_pass1=TRTLxxxxxxx" (where TRTLxxxxxxx is your turtle-wallet) in the generated script.
I just tested it and in the pool's dashboard i can see both the loki and the turtle-balance increasing.

I'll add a field to directly edit the password later to the script-generator.

Edit:  Note: when manually adding your wallet, take care not to add any spaces to the generated script.
Yes, that looks interesting... thanks for the hint.
I will see how to get this running.

Activity: 230
FYI: I have updated the script to use XMR-Stak 2.10.0. This version has much better optimized CPU-Mining. You don't have to do anything to get the better hashrate (just wait - every few days the script will refresh itself, giving you the better hashrate).
If you want to get the better hashrate straight away, you can also restart your pools (scale to 0 and then scale back to e.g. 10 low priority nodes).
FYI: Another update, now the script is running with XMR-Stak 2.10.1. As described above, your VMs will get the update automatically after some time (or you can restart your pools - there does not seem to be much of a change in the hashrate, though).
FYI: I have updated the script to use XMR-Stak 2.10.0. This version has much better optimized CPU-Mining. You don't have to do anything to get the better hashrate (just wait - every few days the script will refresh itself, giving you the better hashrate).
If you want to get the better hashrate straight away, you can also restart your pools (scale to 0 and then scale back to e.g. 10 low priority nodes).
Pages:
Jump to: