Pages:
Author

Topic: Azure Free Credits for Mining Monero or CN-Heavy:Super Easy and Super Profitable - page 5. (Read 24107 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 1
Use your Azure-Credits to mine Monero!
after tonights fork im unable to get it running on moneroocean , no matter what i put as export currency=xxx

any hints ?
You'll have to select "Generic Cryptonight_R". I have added the new option to the script-generator at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html. I just tried it, it works for me - if you can't get it to work please post here again.

Activity: 142
Merit: 10
after tonights fork im unable to get it running on moneroocean , no matter what i put as export currency=xxx

any hints ?
Activity: 230
Conceal is working fine thank you!
Conceal has forked.
Please add support for Cryptonight Conceal.
I made a new start-page with pre-filled forms for certain coins. You'll just  have to enter your wallet-id. I have added conceal (new PoW post-Fork) there:https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/

You can also use this direct link:
https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html#pool1=conceal.herominers.com:10361¤cy=cryptonight_conceal

Of course you can change the default-value for the pool to something else.
If you have trouble getting it to work you can post here and ask me.
Hi everybody,

FYI: In preparation for the upcoming monero-fork i have updated the script to use the latest XMR-Stak. (the VMs will automatically get the updated script, there is no need for you to do anything).

There will probably be another optimized release of xmr-stak, i will update the script as soon as that will get available (again, you won't have to do anything - the VMs will automatically get the updated script).

I have tried your suggestion but it does not work.
Maybe because Conceal is cryptonight fast and your script is for cryptonight superfast?

Ok, could you try again with the setting "Masari"?
I just tried it myself. Somehow herominers.com's dashboard just gives me a blank page, but at least i get the messages "Result accepted by the pool" in the console of the VM -> so i am pretty sure that it should work with the setting "Masari".

That worked thank you Smiley
The Herominers dashboard does not load on Chrome but loads on FF and Edge for me.
Maybe because Conceal is cryptonight fast and your script is for cryptonight superfast?

Ok, could you try again with the setting "Masari"?
I just tried it myself. Somehow herominers.com's dashboard just gives me a blank page, but at least i get the messages "Result accepted by the pool" in the console of the VM -> so i am pretty sure that it should work with the setting "Masari".
Hi,

Pool used: conceal.herominers.com
On the pool side only invalid shares:

Current Hash Rate: 0.00 H/sec
Last Share Submitted: Never
Total Hashes Submitted: 0
Shares:
0 Valid
103 Invalid

Please check if you can fix this?

Thanks
If i understand this correctly, this coin should work with the setting "Generic cryptonight_superfast" (use the extended script-generator at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency_detailed.html ).
Did you already try that?
Activity: 47
Merit: 0

Yeah, the F-instances (which are E5-2673 v3) indeed work better than the FsV2-instances, at least for monero.

(That's not true for all algos, btw. Nimiq-mining for example has better performance with the FsV2-type).

Some location have v4 CPU even with F2 Series.

Yeah, the F-instances (which are E5-2673 v3) indeed work better than the FsV2-instances, at least for monero.

(That's not true for all algos, btw. Nimiq-mining for example has better performance with the FsV2-type).
One more important thing that xmr-stak was recognized virus by MS when xmrig didn't Wink
It could be a reason that MS would block the account after some days running.
Actually it can not reach 1600H for almost account.
May be need some change from the dev xmr-stak.
Yes, the new algo after the fork apparently is a bit more difficult to calculate. From what i have read also the GPU-Miners experienced some drop in hashrate (and also the hashrate of the whole network went down).
I will update the information in the first post in this thread accordingly.

Actually it can not reach 1600H for almost account.
May be need some change from the dev xmr-stak.
is there any script for google cloud?
here's a very rough guide how to set it up with the google cloud:

Create the instance template:
Settings:
Machine-type: 2vCPUs, 1.8Gb RAM  (i think 2vCPUs per Instance gives the best performance, but i have not yet tested it thoroughly)
Click on "Management, security, disks, networking, sole tenancy"   to open additional options
Preemptibility : On  (for less cost)

startup-script: -> insert here the generated script from my guide at https://azurecloudminingscript.github.io/Turn_your_Azure_Free_Credits_into_Cryptocurrency.html

Leave the other options at the default.

Create Instance group
Settings:
instance.template: select the previously generated template
Autoscaling: off
Number of instances: enter the number of desired instances

Conclusion
For the "number of instances" i chose 10, but apparently there's some quota relating to IP-addresses, so it would only create 8 instances for me.
* Choose "Multi-Zone" when creating the instance-group -> this should make it easier for google to find free resources for your VMs
* From my testing ivy-bridge and broadwell get the best hashrate. I recommend using the region asia-east1, because that has the ivy-bridge-cpu-type as the default.
* I heard that google will ban you very fast if you are using a free account. For my personal testing-account, i have upgraded right away to the paid-version (this won't make your free credits expire, so it's no problem). After some weeks of mining i have not been banned yet.

For 8 instances with 2 cores (i.e. 16 cores total) i get around 700 H/s.

Pages:
Jump to: