Pages:
Author

Topic: BAD NEWS - page 7. (Read 1103 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 100
GIGZI
January 18, 2019, 12:40:33 AM
it is indeed too early to say that this year is a bad year for bitcoin and others. but we never know when a bull will come and do its job to pump the market. so it's better to wait for the next move
Activity: 237
Merit: 4
January 17, 2019, 11:44:10 PM
i was really pissed off when the hard fork was postoned actually due to the bugs that were found. But in my opinion, its all for the best. I know that the fork must happen this quarter of the year. Eth will recieve quite a dump form the price because of the news.
But as an investor, "bad news is always your friend" if you know what i mean
Activity: 72
Merit: 1
January 17, 2019, 10:47:34 PM
So far ethereum dev have a good reputation from crypto community, so I think that is not bad news for us, they postponed it to make better. They just want to take care of us as an ethereum holder.

I really agree with your opinion!
We cannot be directly affected and think negatively about the news.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1655
January 17, 2019, 10:37:44 PM
I read somewhere that the delay is just one day though?

Then how can it be bad news? Roadmap is already put into place just a matter of execution and it's good if they postponed it for a day maybe because it's not ready. Instead of going live and then it break outs, that would really make it worst for Ethereum. So let's just wait and see what will happen next, the price seems not affected in the last 48 hours, it is still trading within the range of $120-$125.
Activity: 1414
January 17, 2019, 10:33:16 PM
So far ethereum dev have a good reputation from crypto community, so I think that is not bad news for us, they postponed it to make better. They just want to take care of us as an ethereum holder.
Activity: 1652
Merit: 262
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 17, 2019, 10:30:12 PM
maybe, but I'm not sure it will have a bad effect on etherum. I think Etherum will still rise even though there are still many things that need to be improved, including security.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
January 17, 2019, 10:21:11 PM
Not a bad news, of the two news you shared, one is big which is the hard fork postponement but that is alright, they are making
it more secure before they will launch it. We've seen there is no effect in the market and ETH is still down, probably next move with good news of course is up.
Activity: 406
One Social Network
January 17, 2019, 09:17:17 PM
Well I don't think it's "Bad News". I think if they would've gone forward with the update and if failed or had bugs, or ETH was stolen, THEN that would be really bad news. This is a quite normal thing.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
January 17, 2019, 09:13:07 PM
Actually those "news" are not that bad - the issue was related to the hard-fork which has been postponed now and a new ETA will be available soon (most likely there'll be more information released today).

I think it's bad news, because every delay on the road map is a bad news. And ethereum is delaying everything for a long time. This is certainly bad for investors.

POS was supposed to be on already, or at least there should be a  prevision about the launching date of Casper or Constantinople at least
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
January 17, 2019, 09:06:46 PM
1. Does this make things worse again this year?
It's too early to say that it will make things worse for this year.
2. Will the price get worse?
Nobody knows if the price will be worse like last year. There's no way to figure out if things will become better for this year.
3. What actions do you take with information like this?
Do I need to do something?
Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
January 17, 2019, 08:47:31 PM
There is a lot of uncertainty about forks after what occurred with the last heavily publicized one involving Bitcoin Cash (BCH), but there shouldn't be anything to worry about with the upcoming upgrade to Ethereum even though it has been delayed this shouldn't affect confidence in the network or the value for now as long as when it is implemented it is successful, which it presumably will be, so there shouldn't be any need to panic and there'll likely be benefits later this year for anyone who's keeping this asset in their portfolio
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
January 17, 2019, 08:05:11 PM
I just saw this information even though this post was created on 15 January 2019.

1. Does this make things worse again this year?
2. Will the price get worse?
3. What actions do you take with information like this?

Articles

https://decryptmedia.com/4483/ethereum-hard-fork-exodus-miners

https://blog.ethereum.org/2019/01/15/security-alert-ethereum-constantinople-postponement/
Pages:
Jump to: