Pages:
Author

Topic: bad news for bASIC - not shipping til mid Jan at best - page 10. (Read 25467 times)

Activity: 272
Merit: 250
Cryptopreneur
Your not suppose to go all in on unproven tech and companies. You most likely will be disappointed. Don't worry though, you'll be back on track when you actually receive your orders. Too bad mining is a lot less profitable now.
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
I'm just frustrated with the fact that I could still be mining now....I sold everything for pre-orders

+1 I hear ya on that
Activity: 198
I'm just frustrated with the fact that I could still be mining now....I sold everything for pre-orders
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
next day, next week, next month, next year ->

i tired to wait on the new mining technologie.
i will run my avaiable gpus and fpga to mine!

lets wait for santa claus gifts
 Grin
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001
bASIC got spammed,let dave know guy's  Wink

Thats one hellava spam letter  Cheesy

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
COINDER
Some people have invested in more then 1, 2, or even 3 asic projects.

Then they'll just have to argue with themselves.

Nice one ...Smegol says to Gollem... Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

Roll Eyes
Activity: 154

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047
Block diagrams...lol. They're supposed to be almost done, and they're giving out a block diagram as proof that work is coming along.

I really hope that Avalon has to announce a delay, just so we can see an absolute trolling shitstorm as every fanboy of every company starts going completely batshit insane on each other.

Activity: 154
Block diagrams...lol. They're supposed to be almost done, and they're giving out a block diagram as proof that work is coming along.

I really hope that Avalon has to announce a delay, just so we can see an absolute trolling shitstorm as every fanboy of every company starts going completely batshit insane on each other.
legendary
Activity: 1610
I went to Avalons site. It seems like you can not order on their site at the moment.  Are they done accepting orders?

There will be batch 2 after they ship batch 1 as announced around 15th of January
Activity: 497
I went to Avalons site. It seems like you can not order on their site at the moment.  Are they done accepting orders?
Activity: 434
It's a bit funny that the last entry of the 3 so far is the only one not yet reporting delays.

They're also the only ones that haven't yet reached an announced shipping date. If Avalon is going to announce a delay it would be in the next few weeks.
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
Avalon hasn't reached a scheduled shipping date yet so as far as we know they're still on target(1/14/13?).

I haven't heard much about deepbit's reclaimer project in awhile. It was not competitively priced as I recall. Something like $2800 for 80Gh.

It's a bit funny that the last entry of the 3 so far is the only one not yet reporting delays.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001
Avalon hasn't reached a scheduled shipping date yet so as far as we know they're still on target(1/14/13?).

I haven't heard much about deepbit's reclaimer project in awhile. It was not competitively priced as I recall. Something like $2800 for 80Gh.

If it was already out it would be sold out. Price for the first to market is almost not important to a point. Funny how this is all working out.
Activity: 434

Activity: 497
So who is actually on target to ship first? Avalon? Also anyone know what happened to deepbit's asic?
legendary
Activity: 966
They must get one helluva discount for them to put up with that for so long. Looks like a shaky foundation.

Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
So they might get the chips this year. You think they just plug the chips in and that's a finished product immediately ready to ship? Admit it. There is zero chance of BFL shipping an ASIC in 2012.
I hadn't seen that quote before.  Where did he say that?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/492-good-news-good-read-2.html#post7277
we should still be getting the chips this month

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/251-more-jalapeno-pictures-shipping-update-44.html#post7418
It is currently my understanding that Dec 24th is the drop dead contractual date on the chips, but I do not have personal confirmation on this date yet.

Another wishy washy non-truth. Months late and they don't even have a contractual date of delivery when they should have had it from day 1 if they had any business sense at all. They are either total idiots or blatant liars. Take your pick.
So on the 24th what happens? They switch fabs and start anew?

I see on Avalons contract they have all the data specified in the wording, including what level of service they can expect.

It is becoming clear that Inaba is/was not the one who made the contract. It sounds like he is using a proxy. A proxy who is as vague as he is on what is apparently happening at that fab.

They must get one helluva discount for them to put up with that for so long. Looks like a shaky foundation.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
So they might get the chips this year. You think they just plug the chips in and that's a finished product immediately ready to ship? Admit it. There is zero chance of BFL shipping an ASIC in 2012.
I hadn't seen that quote before.  Where did he say that?

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/492-good-news-good-read-2.html#post7277
we should still be getting the chips this month

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/251-more-jalapeno-pictures-shipping-update-44.html#post7418
It is currently my understanding that Dec 24th is the drop dead contractual date on the chips, but I do not have personal confirmation on this date yet.

Another wishy washy non-truth. Months late and they don't even have a contractual date of delivery when they should have had it from day 1 if they had any business sense at all. They are either total idiots or blatant liars. Take your pick.
Pages:
Jump to: