Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL GROUPBUY 2 - 10% DISCOUNT - Mini and Quad 200 units max - GROUPBUY OVER - page 2. (Read 5148 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 16
Multipool.us has a variation of x-11 coins available for hashing. They also offer profit switching, just within x-11 algo.

I'm glad they're including the dc plug, takes a bit of experimentation out of the setup. Is one included with each mini I wonder?

How do they run if you rest them on their side?

Never hurts to have hardware for sale, make a few extra plugs and list them.

Baikal, I hope you don't run out of these before I'm able to purchase any. I want to do a comparison.

Thanks for the recommendation.  I'll check out Multipool.

The DC plugs came zip-tied to the quad tower.  Quad needs 4 plugs and 3 tether cables.  My quad came with 5 plugs and 4 tether cables.  Extras don't hurt.
No DC plugs came with the individual Minis.  I used the extra plug and tether cable to connect them into a "Dual."  My 6th plug was cut from an unused wall-wart power supply - the black 22awg wire on the Quad from my previous photo.

Fan wind jets into the heatsink then out from front and back.  Place it on the side should not effect it as long as the air can flow.

As for the 80x80x15mm fans, I would say they are quiet but not silent.  Near the high-end for a common 80mm fan.  Okay for a TV room.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Forgot to follow up from earlier.
I setup the miners.  One Quad tower and 2 Minis.  Soooooooo easy!  Out of the box and mining in minutes.  Easy to find on the network; shows up on the router as "Baikal".  User interface lists server addresses of many popular pools.  I chose NiceHash for now until I have an opportunity to research different pools.  Momentary effective hashrate on the pool is fluctuating from 125MH to as much as 191MH per unit but 6-hour average is consistently about +2.5% over Baikal's advertised rate.

My purchase came with 6-Pin Molex 5557 Mini-fit Jr (a.k.a. 6-pin PCI-Express) male to five 5.5x2.5mm DC plugs on 18awg aluminum wire. Though I had enough DC plugs at home but it turns out they were all 5.5x2.1mm.  Be careful, common 2.1mm plug will not fit a less-common 2.5mm port.  The PCI-E connector became very warm with 5 Minis running off it.  Thankfully I have plenty of PCI-E connectors to build more.

One of my minis is being fed by 22awg copper wiring.  I was concerned this would be too thin but the wire doesn't feel warm at all.  This unit has no Orange Pi attached so that reduces the load.  I would still recommend at least 20awg copper or 18awg copper-clad aluminum.  Going to change that one to 18awg copper when more 5.5x2.5mm plugs come in.

Do note that the bottom of each unit has metal screws that could scratch the surface you rest it on.  Find some stick-on felt or rubber bumpers.

VERY happy with my purchase; will buy more.  Still waiting for the bill from U.S. Customs, though.

I can make more power cables if anyone needs custom wiring.  Server power supplies, breakout boards, and fancy sleeving as well.

Multipool.us has a variation of x-11 coins available for hashing. They also offer profit switching, just within x-11 algo.

I'm glad they're including the dc plug, takes a bit of experimentation out of the setup. Is one included with each mini I wonder?

How do they run if you rest them on their side?

Never hurts to have hardware for sale, make a few extra plugs and list them.

Baikal, I hope you don't run out of these before I'm able to purchase any. I want to do a comparison.
Forgot to follow up from earlier.
I setup the miners.  One Quad tower and 2 Minis.  Soooooooo easy!  Out of the box and mining in minutes.  Easy to find on the network; shows up on the router as "Baikal".  User interface lists server addresses of many popular pools.  I chose NiceHash for now until I have an opportunity to research different pools.  Momentary effective hashrate on the pool is fluctuating from 125MH to as much as 191MH per unit but 6-hour average is consistently about +2.5% over Baikal's advertised rate.

My purchase came with 6-Pin Molex 5557 Mini-fit Jr (a.k.a. 6-pin PCI-Express) male to five 5.5x2.5mm DC plugs on 18awg aluminum wire. Though I had enough DC plugs at home but it turns out they were all 5.5x2.1mm.  Be careful, common 2.1mm plug will not fit a less-common 2.5mm port.  The PCI-E connector became very warm with 5 Minis running off it.  Thankfully I have plenty of PCI-E connectors to build more.

One of my minis is being fed by 22awg copper wiring.  I was concerned this would be too thin but the wire doesn't feel warm at all.  This unit has no Orange Pi attached so that reduces the load.  I would still recommend at least 20awg copper or 18awg copper-clad aluminum.  Going to change that one to 18awg copper when more 5.5x2.5mm plugs come in.

Do note that the bottom of each unit has metal screws that could scratch the surface you rest it on.  Find some stick-on felt or rubber bumpers.

VERY happy with my purchase; will buy more.  Still waiting for the bill from U.S. Customs, though.

I can make more power cables if anyone needs custom wiring.  Server power supplies, breakout boards, and fancy sleeving as well.

My miners in a temporary setup:
Activity: 129
Merit: 100
www.baikalminer.com
My order arrived today as well.  One quad tower and two minis.  Just unpacked them; haven't turned anything on yet.  Will comment again after it's all running.

Video guide for Mini: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDfTVorlkMY
For Quad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z8QxuULLlU

Hope you will enjoy it!  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
PRICE IS NOW BACK TO 300USD
legendary
So is the mini out of stock or could I still pick one up in the next couple weeks?

I want to do a side-by-side with the Dr3.

in stock however not discounted
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
So is the mini out of stock or could I still pick one up in the next couple weeks?

I want to do a side-by-side with the Dr3.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Giant needs bigger disocunt like others said. But still good machine,
legendary
GROUPBUY CLOSED ALL 200 UNITS SOLD

Will there be more groupbuys in the future?  Smiley

there may be, who knows when Smiley

next time get in quicker mate Smiley or head over to the giant special Tongue
Activity: 62

Will there be more groupbuys in the future?  Smiley
legendary
My order arrived today as well.  One quad tower and two minis.  Just unpacked them; haven't turned anything on yet.  Will comment again after it's all running.
legendary
Got my package in today.  Unfortunately part of my order is missing but not going to go ballistic about that yet, as I assume they will make it right. 

As for the Quad, it is as advertised.  Cables were included, plugged the ribbons and power cables into each board, plugged into a PCI power cable and ethernet cable and turned them on.  Runs very quiet, which I like.  Figured out the IP it was on using Fing, wiped out the preset pools that were in there and for the time being, just set it towards a multipool.  Whole process took less than 5 minutes and its hashing away at 600mh.  Looking forward to playing around with it.  Will definitely consider getting a few more.

pm me with what was forgotten and we will sort it out asap.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Got my package in today.  Unfortunately part of my order is missing but not going to go ballistic about that yet, as I assume they will make it right. 

As for the Quad, it is as advertised.  Cables were included, plugged the ribbons and power cables into each board, plugged into a PCI power cable and ethernet cable and turned them on.  Runs very quiet, which I like.  Figured out the IP it was on using Fing, wiped out the preset pools that were in there and for the time being, just set it towards a multipool.  Whole process took less than 5 minutes and its hashing away at 600mh.  Looking forward to playing around with it.  Will definitely consider getting a few more.
www.baikalminer.com
seriously?

Maybe it is enough for post image now. I can rememeber activity reach 40 can post image/
Activity: 105
Looking forward hearing another review Smiley
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Got a quad and a mini on the way.  Showing should be here on Wed.  I am excited to get them up and running. 
Activity: 149
www.baikalminer.com

So, after mining a couple of days I must say this one is mining steady as rock. All units are mining 149.8 + or even one with 151. So overall I have constantly 600MH/S. I pointed the miner to quark and X11 and there is no difference on speed. I have constantly 600mh/s.
If anyone is interested in photo's please send me a pm with your email address. Somehow I am failing to post photo's in here...  Shocked

cause your level is not allowed!  Grin
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
So, the first group-buy activity is over ,and now there are only 200 miners available ? May I know how many mini miners and how many Quad left now ?

138units.
Thank you for your reply, then it seems not too late for me to join in this group-buy activity . Since I have bought one mini miner from their official website before . Can I contact them directly and get the discount ?
Pages:
Jump to: