Pages:
Author

Topic: BAIKAL GROUPBUY 2 - 10% DISCOUNT - Mini and Quad 200 units max - GROUPBUY OVER - page 3. (Read 5148 times)

legendary
Activity: 1894
Merit: 1087
So, the first group-buy activity is over ,and now there are only 200 miners available ? May I know how many mini miners and how many Quad left now ?

138units.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
So, the first group-buy activity is over ,and now there are only 200 miners available ? May I know how many mini miners and how many Quad left now ?
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
I wasn't talking about breaking, I was talking about them becoming obsolete and the new ones driving up the difficulty.
legendary
I think all of the x-11 asics should last until ROI if you take care of them.

me too, if you have been watching whattomine these things are holding up income, beauty of it is it can mine multi algos so I think it will be profitable for longer than scrypt or sha256 ASICs

Activity: 518
Merit: 501
I think all of the x-11 asics should last until ROI if you take care of them.

Hello Baikal, I am going to your site to buy a miner but I have a small problem. When I go to login, it asks for my username/email, ok no problem, my password, ok no problem, but it has a third line, it asks for a code. I did not get a code or any email from Baikal!

Thank you

It doesn't matter...even if you buy on their site you still have to finalize your purchase through skype or email.

Just contact them via skype: baikalminer

Thanks mate, what's your opinion on the 40nm? Will it become a brick before ROI?
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Hello Baikal, I am going to your site to buy a miner but I have a small problem. When I go to login, it asks for my username/email, ok no problem, my password, ok no problem, but it has a third line, it asks for a code. I did not get a code or any email from Baikal!

Thank you

It doesn't matter...even if you buy on their site you still have to finalize your purchase through skype or email.

Just contact them via skype: baikalminer

Thank you
legendary
Hi Great review. Btw can you point each of 4 miners to different pools or algos. Or they work as one?
Hi, thx. No, the miner works as 1 single unit. I dint' find an option in the GUI to split the miner into 4 subminers. Maybe someone from baikal can comment this question?
What you can do is switching pools on the fly through the GUI. It takes a while but it works great.

I think the only difference between the single unit and the tower is the cord that connects them together.  So unplug that cord, plug in 4 ethernet cables and configure each one separately to a different pool.
I just see one ethernet plug at the bottom of the miner...so no possibilities to enter 4 cords into each unit.

you can you just need more controllers
Activity: 149
Merit: 100
Activity: 129
www.baikalminer.com
Hi Great review. Btw can you point each of 4 miners to different pools or algos. Or they work as one?
Hi, thx. No, the miner works as 1 single unit. I dint' find an option in the GUI to split the miner into 4 subminers. Maybe someone from baikal can comment this question?
What you can do is switching pools on the fly through the GUI. It takes a while but it works great.

I think the only difference between the single unit and the tower is the cord that connects them together.  So unplug that cord, plug in 4 ethernet cables and configure each one separately to a different pool.
I just see one ethernet plug at the bottom of the miner...so no possibilities to enter 4 cords into each unit.

a quad has 1 controller

minis have 1 controller

gianst have 1 controller

it is possible to connect giants to giants to make a mega miner or quads to quads

Yes, you can connect 4 Giant together and controlled by one orangpi. 5 is also OK, but more than 5 not recommended.

For quadruple, 2 quadruple miner OK. over 2, not recommended.

For mini, 10 units OK, over 10, rejection rate may increase.
Ok what about the rumors that this will become obsolete in q3 2017? Think it might have been started to keep competition down?
to what kind of rumords are you referring to?

They won't be obsolete. Firstly rumors where with fake skype profile. 2ndly these miners are not so affected by electricity price. So they won't be obsoleted by more effective miner. It's not SHA256 miner.

Thanks!
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
What kind of power solutions is everyone using for a tower?  Having to plug in 4 of these would probably be best done with a ATX PSU, but anyone know where to get 6 pin to barrel plug adapters?

Acording to video and one review here. Quad comes with adapter, so you can plug these into ATX PSU.
Yes, it comes with an adapater to PCI-E. I am currently running the miner on an existing rig. This is not an ideal solution. Everytime I restart the rig the miner goes down as well.
Any suggestion what PSU would be suitable?
would that PSU be ok for the miner? Could it handle also two quadruples?
https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-VS550-BUILDER-550w-PSU/dp/B00TE4XSMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486800046&sr=8-4&keywords=VS550

It should be enough. 2 quads are 320W. I wouldn't add 3rd on it though.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Ok what about the rumors that this will become obsolete in q3 2017? Think it might have been started to keep competition down?

They won't be obsolete. Firstly rumors where with fake skype profile. 2ndly these miners are not so affected by electricity price. So they won't be obsoleted by more effective miner. It's not SHA256 miner.
Activity: 188
Merit: 104
Just ordered 1 quad and 1 mini.  Thing I like about these miners is that with the power usage so low, they should stay in the green for quite awhile.  Looking forward to getting them.
I just got one mini for 18.7 DASH including shipping to Australia so thanks @bittawm very much for this!

I have wanted one of these for a long time but people were re-selling them at ridiculous prices. I had one guy on Ebay in Australia trying to get AUS$1200 for just one mini!

I know it will take maybe a year to make that much DASH but I honestly think DASH (with Evolution) is going great places and its price will be steadily rising over the next couple of years.

Really looking forward to plugging it in!

Thanks again!
Have a look at whattomine.com. There are coins which are more profitable at the moment than dash. Afterwards you can exchange those to DASH.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
I just got one mini for 18.7 DASH including shipping to Australia so thanks @bittawm very much for this!

I have wanted one of these for a long time but people were re-selling them at ridiculous prices. I had one guy on Ebay in Australia trying to get AUS$1200 for just one mini!

I know it will take maybe a year to make that much DASH but I honestly think DASH (with Evolution) is going great places and its price will be steadily rising over the next couple of years.

Really looking forward to plugging it in!

Thanks again!
What kind of power solutions is everyone using for a tower?  Having to plug in 4 of these would probably be best done with a ATX PSU, but anyone know where to get 6 pin to barrel plug adapters?

Acording to video and one review here. Quad comes with adapter, so you can plug these into ATX PSU.
Yes, it comes with an adapater to PCI-E. I am currently running the miner on an existing rig. This is not an ideal solution. Everytime I restart the rig the miner goes down as well.
Any suggestion what PSU would be suitable?
would that PSU be ok for the miner? Could it handle also two quadruples?
https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-VS550-BUILDER-550w-PSU/dp/B00TE4XSMA/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1486800046&sr=8-4&keywords=VS550
Pages:
Jump to: