Pages:
Author

Topic: Bakery That Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple Raises Record-Breaking Donat - page 2. (Read 1694 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Who the hell do you think you are rewriting religion?

No, I'm not. I'm saying SOME people are bigots. Those among the bigots who are Christians, are using their bibles to rationalize their bigotry.

Do you completely ignore the last 1950 years where Christians didn't tolerate homosexuality PERIOD? since when did the messiah come back and set the record straight?

If intolerance is all you can find to pride yourself on, you are a sorry excuse for a person. Surely you can do better.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Speaking of dimwits, I'm not Christian Poindexter.

So you think yours is more correct, because you preach tolerance toward gays? Others believe this is a sin. Yet others stand that truly believing in the gospel is what makes one a true Christian and everything else means little. And so on.

My dimwit comment wasn't personal. Comments by individuals claiming that they know what "true" Christianity is, based on their emotional reaction to gays or anything else, is what is dimwitted.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
An unjust law is not a law. If I sell cakes I myself will surely refuse to make a wedding cake for lesbians, sodomites, and other sexual pervert people.

I agree with you. Law should be equal for everyone. Imagine what will happen, if you go to a bakery run by the African Americans and order a Confederate flag cake. Or imagine what will happen if you go to a bakery run by homosexuals, and order a cake with the label "Death to the Sodomites". If bakers can refuse confederate cake, then for sure they have the right to refuse a Lesbian cake.
Activity: 51
Merit: 0

What evidence to do you have that "bigots" are cloaking themselves in Christianity?

Those who refuse to do some business with some of the public for reasons unrelated to the busines, have been hiding behind their bibles. Surely you have noticed this. They are screaming that the right to discriminate illegally against a minority is part of their "religious freedom."

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it?

But the strong majority of practicing Christians find themselves able to tolerate it without any difficulty. And many of these Christinas (I don't know about Muslims) are coming to recognize that if something is inborn and cannot be altered, it's involuntary and can't be repented, so it's not a sin any more than blond hair is a sin.

It doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...

But your claim of a "sin" rests on willful ignorance of the condition, and your conviction that your god will somehow damn you for tolerance is pretty arrogant. Most Christians realize this.

But isn't it an amazing coincidence that Christians can disagree with one another so violently, and STILL when they pray, their god NEVER corrects their opinion? How they continue to believe they're all praying at the same god is beyond me. Their god must have a nasty sense of humor, to tell the majority to tolerate and the minority NOT to tolerate. This god is a troublemaker.

Who the hell do you think you are rewriting religion?

You're basically saying only Christians who support gay marriage are "real Christians" and the rest are just cloaking their bigotry...

You got some nerve progressive.....

Do you completely ignore the last 1950 years where Christians didn't tolerate homosexuality PERIOD? since when did the messiah come back and set the record straight?
Activity: 23

Good luck with that. (Save your money, though).

Religious belief is not an excuse for breaking the law.

The SCOTUS has ruled on this in the past, it probably won't do so again.

Render unto Caesar.

An unjust law is not a law. If I sell cakes I myself will surely refuse to make a wedding cake for lesbians, sodomites, and other sexual pervert people.

What evidence to do you have that "bigots" are cloaking themselves in Christianity?

Those who refuse to do some business with some of the public for reasons unrelated to the busines, have been hiding behind their bibles. Surely you have noticed this. They are screaming that the right to discriminate illegally against a minority is part of their "religious freedom."

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it?

But the strong majority of practicing Christians find themselves able to tolerate it without any difficulty. And many of these Christinas (I don't know about Muslims) are coming to recognize that if something is inborn and cannot be altered, it's involuntary and can't be repented, so it's not a sin any more than blond hair is a sin.

It doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...

But your claim of a "sin" rests on willful ignorance of the condition, and your conviction that your god will somehow damn you for tolerance is pretty arrogant. Most Christians realize this.

But isn't it an amazing coincidence that Christians can disagree with one another so violently, and STILL when they pray, their god NEVER corrects their opinion? How they continue to believe they're all praying at the same god is beyond me. Their god must have a nasty sense of humor, to tell the majority to tolerate and the minority NOT to tolerate. This god is a troublemaker.

Activity: 70

Another dimwit comment claiming his or her "brand" of Christianity is supposedly the true Christianity. That's the crapola.

Speaking of dimwits, I'm not Christian Poindexter.
If ten million people believe a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing....and illegal. I know some people who are Christian that have no problem with catering to Gay events. To them, a sin is something between God and the alleged offender and they do not allow themselves to judge other people, which by the way, is true Christianity....not this cultish crapola being passed out the the evangelical fundamentalists and southern baptists.

Another dimwit comment claiming his or her "brand" of Christianity is supposedly the true Christianity. That's the crapola.
Activity: 70

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it? it doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...

If ten million people believe a stupid thing, it is still a stupid thing....and illegal. I know some people who are Christian that have no problem with catering to Gay events. To them, a sin is something between God and the alleged offender and they do not allow themselves to judge other people, which by the way, is true Christianity....not this cultish crapola being passed out the the evangelical fundamentalists and southern baptists.
Activity: 51

Well, someone's brain is pretty limited. No, one can be a Christian and still not be a bigot, and the vast majority of Christians are not bigots. But you SHOULD be upset that bigots are using Christianity as their excuse, and tarnishing the faith in the process. Christ taught the very opposite of what these "Christians" are doing.

You do realize the strong majority of practicing Christians and Muslims believe homosexuality is a sin and want nothing to do with it? it doesn't mean they're bigots - it means they want nothing to do with contributing to a sin or endorcing what they believe is a sin.... It's not that difficult to understand... In their mind asking them to bake a wedding cake would be about the same as asking them to sin, and if progressives were tolerant at all they would respect that... So as far as I'm concerned you have ZERO resepct for other individuals values...
Activity: 35

If that 'little bakery' was owned by muslims, the ACLU would have defended them to the death.

I tend to agree with this.....

Well, someone's brain is pretty limited. No, one can be a Christian and still not be a bigot, and the vast majority of Christians are not bigots. But you SHOULD be upset that bigots are using Christianity as their excuse, and tarnishing the faith in the process. Christ taught the very opposite of what these "Christians" are doing.

Wrong. Christians who are labeling other Christians as bigots are at best misguided, and at worst.....hypocrites and even bigots themselves.
I love how progressives label people bigots for following their religion... It shows how limited their brains are.

Activity: 30
I love how progressives label people bigots for following their religion... It shows how limited their brains are.
And let's all vote VAGINA '16 to put the killing blow on America.

Oh......another sarcastic vote for the Cankle Monster herself. With the way things are going, I think Barry Hussein will have already driven the last nail in America's coffin long before she would step to the podium.
Activity: 27
I can only hope Aaron and Melissa Klein file suit against the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries for violating their 1st Amendment and Civil Rights under the Civil Rights Act.

They broke existing law and are on the hook for it.

The time and place to protest this abomination of protected class for gay sex was long ago. GTF out of Oregon and similar lefitist craphole states. Thhe blue states are long gone and unfixable.

And let's all vote VAGINA '16 to put the killing blow on America.
Activity: 23
I would only condemn a cake baker to eternal torment for pineapple-pistachio, but anyone is free to make up this own particular "religious" taboos to fit his agenda, apparently.
Activity: 47
Good luck with that. (Save your money, though).

Religious belief is not an excuse for breaking the law.

The SCOTUS has ruled on this in the past, it probably won't do so again.

Render unto Caesar.

yeah, well, given the choice of following my beliefs and giving to Caesar.... Caesar can kiss my ass and I'll gladly go to jail for the pleasure if it.

If that 'little bakery' was owned by muslims, the ACLU would have defended them to the death.
Activity: 14

I don't think the little bakery asked, nor wanted, to be sued. But you believe whatever you want.

That bakery did not ask or want to be sued. They just got lucky. The next one will include it in the five year plan for solvency.
It can be a real money maker.

I was never aware that there were any sects that had taboos about cake baking.

How so? Are you suggesting their actions had the motive of wanting to invite a lawsuit so they could raise money by donations?

Don't answer. You always come up with some phoney baloney fairy tales.
Pages:
Jump to: