Pages:
Author

Topic: Ban appeal - TradeFortress; re theymos dox - page 3. (Read 7565 times)

legendary
Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024
October 02, 2015, 09:23:04 PM
I am not suggesting that you can take a known liar's assertions and invert them get at the truth.
I am suggesting that his statements about his alts have been found to be unreliable in the past.

Why do you bring logic and reason to a Bitcointalk.org debate?

There is a very high probability of TF and QS being one in the same.

~BCX~
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
October 02, 2015, 09:16:31 PM
I am not TradeFortress

OK, but you've lied about your alts before:

I am not QS

so why should we believe you now?

If, in future, we see somewhere...

I am not dooglus

We shall believe that QuickSeller=dooglus? Your sense of logic is deteriorating with every passing day.

There's nothing wrong with my logic. I didn't say that his statement implies that he is TF.

We have seen QS lying about an alt in the past, and so he may be lying about an alt again now.

I am not suggesting that you can take a known liar's assertions and invert them get at the truth.
I am suggesting that his statements about his alts have been found to be unreliable in the past.
Activity: 95
Merit: 9
Devil's Advocate
October 02, 2015, 03:30:11 PM
I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

If, in future, we see somewhere...

I am not dooglus

We shall believe that QuickSeller=dooglus? Your sense of logic is deteriorating with every passing day.
Activity: 764
Merit: 500
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
October 01, 2015, 04:53:44 AM
I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

Well, tf is banned. Their alt is quiet. I'm going to assume their ban appeal was denied and they're waiting out the ban.

If Quickseller is an alt of tf than they're either clever enough to fool BadBear or they'd be perma banned for ban evasion.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330
October 01, 2015, 04:30:34 AM
I am not TradeFortress

I am not QS

copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
September 30, 2015, 10:58:57 PM
I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

Well considering the fact that you are more than likely the same individual this isn't too surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan your work.

It will be interesting to see who or what you re-surface as once you retire the Quickseller alt.

~BCX~
I am not TradeFortress. The admin who looked into TF and I being the same person said that it did not make sense for someone with the technical expertise of TF to spend their time farming accounts when they could make more productive/profitable use of their time engaging in other activities.

To be fair to TF, he did call a number of people as being a scammer long before it was determined that such people were a scammer. For example, while researching moreia's many bitcoin addresses, I found a thread with TF calling moreia as being an alt of TheGambler and as running multiple HYIP/ponzi scams ~a year prior to me doxing moreia and outing all of his alts. I think that anything TF says should be taken with a grain of salt and with a little bit of skepticism, however any claim that he makes should be looked into (with some exceptions).

On a similar note, the reason why I was monitoring that thread was being TF had told me that people are banned because they post theymos's dox, and I honestly did not believe him, so I was monitoring the other thread when I saw that theymos's dox was being posted in that thread and when I saw that TF had posted instructions as to how to find theymos's dox in that thread.

legendary
September 26, 2015, 01:19:09 PM
I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

Well considering the fact that you are more than likely the same individual this isn't too surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan your work.

It will be interesting to see who or what you re-surface as once you retire the Quickseller alt.

~BCX~
copper member
Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298
September 24, 2015, 03:17:54 AM
If the "official" reason why people are banned for mentioning/posting theymos's dox is that they are trolling (because they are doing so for no reason other then to annoy the person), then I don't think the ban is appropriate here. I did see the post in question prior to it getting deleted, and I did see the entry in the modlog, and I fail to see any meaningful difference between what TF posted and what salty had posted (except that what TF posted was potentially accurate).

I also would note that Salty did post a number of times that you would not be banned for simply posting theymos's dox, and Salty had also posted (what he appeared) to believe was accurate instructions to find theymos's dox. I would say at worse, what TF did was correct Salty's inaccurate statement, and more realistically was merely following directions of Salty, who is a global moderator and as a result what he says will reasonably be considered to be "the official rules" of what can and cannot be posted.

As others have mentioned, I do not support the majority of what TF has done in the past (or at least what it is claimed he has done), however I do not think he is in the wrong here.

As I mentioned in the other thread, I don't think it is unreasonable to want to protect your own personal information, but I do think a blanket ban of someone who attempts to post such information is probably not the right way to protect such information
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
September 24, 2015, 12:18:36 AM
his continued trolling of tspacepilot as of < 2 weeks ago, and his continued "scammer accusations" against others (while simultaneously being a scammer himself)

You just described Quickseller, as well as TF.   Undecided
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483
September 23, 2015, 03:09:41 PM
2. You're not the original Tradefortress, you're just someone who bought his old VIP account so who cares if you are banned?

i think we have good reason to believe that it is, in fact, the real Tradefortress.

TF was clearly tied to operating hashie.co---and he was just found to be sending coins that came from hashie.co to Quickseller. (the fact that he also used his usual 1GLados change address as the change address isn't evidence of anything, though it is his usual MO)

his continued trolling of tspacepilot as of < 2 weeks ago, and his continued "scammer accusations" against others (while simultaneously being a scammer himself) are classic TF as well
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
September 22, 2015, 06:39:42 PM
If it is the real TF, it's funny to see him whine like a little bitch about being banned after doing the exact same thing on his former sites.  Cheesy
Activity: 764
I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint
September 21, 2015, 11:27:38 PM

@Tradefortress

1. Most everyone who has been around for a while knows exactly who Theymos is, Why would anyone get banned for that?

2. You're not the original Tradefortress, you're just someone who bought his old VIP account so who cares if you are banned?

~BCX~

Ignoring the huge @Tradefortress here.

1. Yes, why would anyone get banned from that?!?
  a) Do you have conclusive evidence to guarantee that there is a different person using the account now? (I know it seems like it, but can you guarantee it? If so, we could remove/change all the old trust to neutral.)
  b) Some people care about "random" banning, because they realize they might become a victim of it themselves someday. The account in question is not really relevant to this issue.
legendary
September 21, 2015, 11:02:06 PM

@Tradefortress

1. Most everyone who has been around for a while knows exactly who Theymos is, Why would anyone get banned for that?

~BCX~

legendary
Activity: 1078
September 21, 2015, 08:00:10 PM
This is Theymos's forum and he makes the rules. This is not some democratic place by any means. Obviously his dox are off limits.

Everyone keeps saying that.  Except theymos himself.  He claims to be "maintaining" this forum.
As a custodian of bitcointalk, he leaves something to be desired.  Rampant cronyism; donations money slowly (@ $100,000/mo, if I'm not mistaken) being siphoned into his friend's pocket Slickage; forum itself degenerated into worthless drama/scam/spam fest.

~~Your Leader, Comrade Napoleon;
Father of All Animals, Terror of Mankind, Protector of the Sheep-fold.

Theymos said it himself about reddit, not sure about Bitcointalk.
Thank you for contributing to the spam fest/drama though!

Activity: 784
September 21, 2015, 06:45:56 PM
Guys, we are doxing /u/btcthwy here, the most deserving Satoshi candidate so far. Why bother theymos with all these doxing n all ? Join us...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/satoshi-is-back-1185132 Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 510
Dear me, I think I'm becoming a god
September 21, 2015, 06:43:44 PM
He does nothing but create fake accounts
Well this is just going to make him create more accounts, no? If he can't use his TF account he'll spend the time farming others.

While I pretty much disagree with everything tF has done, does and will ever do, in this case I think he's right. He did something to very clearly demonstrate the hiporacy of the statement that "doxes are allowed, even of staff". He didn't intend for it to be harassing, as a troll or for his account to be banned automatically. He proved the point, Theymos is now engaged and aware there is an issue with doxes and is considering solutions.

....Isn't this a win win? Unban him already, or find something more fitting to ban him for Tongue

Well isnt that ironic then? The biggest scammer in bitcointalk with -9999 is never banned, after all his scams, trollings and everything else and when he posts a dox of theymos he gets insta banned, i dont agree with tf in anything but he does have a point, why are admins beyond everyone else, i thought you had freedom in this forum, you can sell accounts without no problem too.

maybe... because... you know. it's theymos' forum and he can enforce rules as he likes? the only free forum would be a decentralized one
wrong, he runs the forum in a professional manner, think he banned OP amid users pressuring for doxing to be outlawed

legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183
dogiecoin.com
September 21, 2015, 06:33:11 PM
Obviously his dox are off limits.

Its one thing for his dox to be off limits but another [for others] to claim that all doxes are alike when its off limits.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
September 21, 2015, 06:12:12 PM
You guys seem to think that this is a community ran forum or something. This is Theymos's forum and he makes the rules. This is not some democratic place by any means. Obviously his dox are off limits.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Go figure! | I'm nearing 1337 posts...
September 21, 2015, 04:51:57 PM
Even if there was a good reason to post theymos dox he  would still have gotten banned, have you heard of someone that got banned for posting the dox of someone until now? I have not, correct me if im wrong.

That's wrong and the moderators/staff are not that corrupt (yet) Roll Eyes . I'm kidding, of course; you guys are the best staff.

If there was a truly good and reasonable reason to post theymos' dox, he and the staff would almost definitely acknowledge it and keep it on.
Activity: 490
September 21, 2015, 04:49:54 PM
He does nothing but create fake accounts
Well this is just going to make him create more accounts, no? If he can't use his TF account he'll spend the time farming others.

While I pretty much disagree with everything tF has done, does and will ever do, in this case I think he's right. He did something to very clearly demonstrate the hiporacy of the statement that "doxes are allowed, even of staff". He didn't intend for it to be harassing, as a troll or for his account to be banned automatically. He proved the point, Theymos is now engaged and aware there is an issue with doxes and is considering solutions.

....Isn't this a win win? Unban him already, or find something more fitting to ban him for Tongue

Well isnt that ironic then? The biggest scammer in bitcointalk with -9999 is never banned, after all his scams, trollings and everything else and when he posts a dox of theymos he gets insta banned, i dont agree with tf in anything but he does have a point, why are admins beyond everyone else, i thought you had freedom in this forum, you can sell accounts without no problem too.

1. Scamming isn't enforced. It's a forum rule.
2. Selling accounts either.
3. Trolling isn't allowed.

Is there truly a reason to dox Theymos other than trolling? I don't think so.

Even if there was a good reason to post theymos dox he  would still have gotten banned, have you heard of someone that got banned for posting the dox of someone until now? I have not, correct me if im wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: