Pages:
Author

Topic: Ban Newbie Devs - page 2. (Read 3052 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
June 08, 2014, 06:17:29 AM
So bitcoin is a ponzi scheme as many said last years..

Soon as I get to this point I discount all you say.....people learn what a ponzi scheme (most misused term on this forum) actually is (2 minute friggin wiki search) before mouthing off that you know something  Roll Eyes

sorry one of my pet hates  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013
ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow
June 08, 2014, 05:45:23 AM
If we ban or forbid anything new than all of this has no meaning!
So bitcoin is a ponzi scheme as many said last years... or people just need to use they brains and invest their money more carefully.

Why we see everyday few new coins?
As I said year ago, cryptocurrencies is developing technology so many people try to take some advantage from it. Of course there are so many scammers, liars, fraud... because lot of people start mining/trading whit idea that they will make some great money in short time.  Sorry but you need to be genius or one of million lucky person.

Also, how you figure out when coin scam? Premine? Dev? Pump/dump?

How can you know what was intension of developer/s?
Ok, there are some obvious cases, but there are many coins whit new ideas(algorithms, psychology factors, usage, combinations with other technologies, etc).
We need to give a chance to every new hope.
The point of bitcoin and cryptocoins, in my mind, is that we are changing our perception of money in general.
I think that if all of this goes well some next generations will have less greed.
Utopia?

It is not the point to get there, but to have intension for it! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 966
June 08, 2014, 04:52:57 AM
wasn't a poll on this thread ?

still think that not allowing newbies to create ANN threads in altcoins
will prevent 95% of the scams
You think too positively the real number is that there would be maybe 30% less scams.
legendary
June 08, 2014, 04:49:25 AM
but marketcap shows clearly what are the coins that bring something new to the table.

Not at all, lastest ones to go to the pointy end are based on bs, start a coin latest flavor (this weeks "anon") get few sockpuppets (on btt, and troll boxes on exchanges) to say its the latest amazing innovation, pay or bot vote it on major exchanges and the sheep (who have no friggin idea what innovation is unless they are told) help u pump it, (ones before that where country coins).

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 08, 2014, 04:47:22 AM
Umm...

Are we forgetting that many, if not most of the successful and legitimate altcoins were also created by newbie accounts? When Sunny King launched Peercoin, he was just a newbie with 11 posts. Later on he would go on to develop Primecoin. The [ANN] threads for Nxt, Qora, and Auroracoin were all posted under newbie accounts for anonymity reasons. Dogecoin was as well, although the creator of that coin hasn't chosen to remain anonymous.

And? I mean most you've listed there where/are scams. Just most here are to gullible and are detached complete from whats going on behind the scene.

I wouldn't call Peercoin, Primecoin, or Nxt a scam.

Dogecoin, Qora, and Auroracoin maybe but not the above three.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 08, 2014, 04:46:26 AM
What about newbie devs who want to make a new account for their coin - I think doing this is unfair just find a way to ban the groups responsible for these scam coins.
legendary
June 08, 2014, 04:42:54 AM
Umm...

Are we forgetting that many, if not most of the successful and legitimate altcoins were also created by newbie accounts? When Sunny King launched Peercoin, he was just a newbie with 11 posts. Later on he would go on to develop Primecoin. The [ANN] threads for Nxt, Qora, and Auroracoin were all posted under newbie accounts for anonymity reasons. Dogecoin was as well, although the creator of that coin hasn't chosen to remain anonymous.

And? I mean most you've listed there where/are scams. Just most here are to gullible and are detached complete from whats going on behind the scene.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
June 08, 2014, 04:35:43 AM
Umm...

I say, at least 100+ posts before making a New coin. That way you know the guy has read up on the scene.
Activity: 146
Merit: 100
June 08, 2014, 04:33:37 AM

I agree. Let's weed out the newbies coinmakers and get a cleaner and better scene.
Activity: 21
Merit: 1
June 08, 2014, 04:33:06 AM
Umm...

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 08, 2014, 04:02:51 AM

legendary
Activity: 896
June 08, 2014, 02:58:00 AM
I tend to agree with having a longer period before being listed on coinmarketcap.com. Usually a long period tends to weed out most of the crapshoot (i.e. people usually don't want to wait that long to cash in on a scam).

That said, there are some that will be "patient" enough to wait it out.

Frankly, the best solution is continuing to educate the newbies.

This might seem a bit draconian, but maybe instead of preventing people from posting, we prevent newbies from viewing posts in the announcement section. Or maybe we prevent them from viewing announcements from newbies. Since newbies are more frequently the ones who get scammed, making it difficult to find the scam information might end up making it harder on the scammers.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
June 07, 2014, 10:41:30 PM
I was thinking a coin should be at least 90-days old before becoming eligible for a top 100 placement on coinmarketcap.com
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
June 07, 2014, 09:52:42 PM
I wonder if it might help if coinmarketcap.com had some additional guidelines regarding which coins are eligible for a top 100 listing.

Perhaps if a coin had to be older than X before becoming top-100 eligible it might help slow down the churn and the coin mill.

I was also thinking of this. There should be a mandatory "grace period" where a coin has to be out for at least 10 days or so, before it can be added to coinmarketcap.

I'm not sure if this would work - it doesn't stop the issue with developer whales or whales dumping at launch. .  all your proposed solution does is delay the inevitably by a couple of days.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
eidoo wallet
June 07, 2014, 09:47:29 PM
I wonder if it might help if coinmarketcap.com had some additional guidelines regarding which coins are eligible for a top 100 listing.

Perhaps if a coin had to be older than X before becoming top-100 eligible it might help slow down the churn and the coin mill.

I was also thinking of this. There should be a mandatory "grace period" where a coin has to be out for at least 10 days or so, before it can be added to coinmarketcap.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1030
Twitter @realmicroguy
June 07, 2014, 09:28:23 PM

legendary
June 07, 2014, 08:48:46 PM
Being a newbie is not easy here.. i see how you guys are Undecided

But that's the thing these "newbie" dev's aint exactly newbie's  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 966
June 07, 2014, 06:40:13 PM
There would be easy fix for this...not allowing users under certain activity create topics in altcoin annoucments section.
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
June 07, 2014, 04:43:48 PM
I never invest into an IPO which has a developer named after the coin.

It's likely the same six people creating the scams over and over.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
June 07, 2014, 04:10:11 PM
This OP was one of the reasons I was out of of the mining game last 2 months. Too many scams, copy/clone, liars, amateur/no skilled devs, greed and retardation. Couldn't handle it anymore, completely burned. The complete opposite of what crypto could be in my opinion.

Now 2 months later the whole game has changed, I see new algorithms, new exchanges, new features, coins being build from scratch, innovation. It looks better now. Or did nothing change but the "marketing package" and do I have to do a lot more reading?

(I mined HBN last 2 months and sold 60% at 50000, I was lucky there.)

Making new coins is good in my opinion but cheating them in disguise of a dev is worst thing. You told greed was there 2 months ago, I think greed has poisoned people becoming skilled devs and then cheating through that disguise now more than 2 months ago. I don't know when we can put an end to this. I think it is quite natural like a coin. Everything has two sides, the individuals must choose the side they belong.

I think we should only look at the top 10-20 coins. The rest don't really deserve talking about.
I don't agree with your statement although I understood the point you are trying to prove. There people who like to develop new coins but not to cheat, they must be encouraged rather than disappointing them. I know the scams have increased but that doesn't mean we have to disappoint devs.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir

I'm not suggesting we don't look at new innovative coins before they get higher in marketcap, but marketcap shows clearly what are the coins that bring something new to the table. Personally I don't have the time to look at the top 100 or top 50 coins. Anything decent will push toward the top 20 rapidly.
Pages:
Jump to: