Pages:
Author

Topic: Ban Newbie Devs - page 3. (Read 3052 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
June 07, 2014, 03:30:33 PM
it's even worse now, it's all about renting, diff jump to 100 in no time, you can't do mine shit anymore

I am waiting that this new trend dies, since it is even worse than those scammy ipo that plagued the section not long time ago
Activity: 560
Merit: 506
I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!
June 07, 2014, 03:29:31 PM
This OP was one of the reasons I was out of of the mining game last 2 months. Too many scams, copy/clone, liars, amateur/no skilled devs, greed and retardation. Couldn't handle it anymore, completely burned. The complete opposite of what crypto could be in my opinion.

Now 2 months later the whole game has changed, I see new algorithms, new exchanges, new features, coins being build from scratch, innovation. It looks better now. Or did nothing change but the "marketing package" and do I have to do a lot more reading?

(I mined HBN last 2 months and sold 60% at 50000, I was lucky there.)

Making new coins is good in my opinion but cheating them in disguise of a dev is worst thing. You told greed was there 2 months ago, I think greed has poisoned people becoming skilled devs and then cheating through that disguise now more than 2 months ago. I don't know when we can put an end to this. I think it is quite natural like a coin. Everything has two sides, the individuals must choose the side they belong.

I think we should only look at the top 10-20 coins. The rest don't really deserve talking about.
I don't agree with your statement although I understood the point you are trying to prove. There people who like to develop new coins but not to cheat, they must be encouraged rather than disappointing them. I know the scams have increased but that doesn't mean we have to disappoint devs.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
win
June 07, 2014, 03:22:35 PM
This OP was one of the reasons I was out of of the mining game last 2 months. Too many scams, copy/clone, liars, amateur/lying devs, greed and retardation. Couldn't handle it anymore, completely burned. The complete opposite of what crypto could be in my opinion.

Now 2 months later the whole game has changed, I see new algorithms, new exchanges, new features, coins being build from scratch, innovation. It looks better now. Or did nothing change but the "marketing package" and do I have to do a lot more reading?

(I mined HBN last 2 months and sold them at 50000, I was lucky there.)

I agree. About a year ago you could actually keep up with new coins, even 6 months ago. Recently its beyond ridiculous there must be 500 coins now.

markets work things out though, the bitcoin clones are getting less interest, unless your coin is built from scratch or brings something genuinely useful to the table then people don't bother with it. Systems like Qora and Exocoin built from scratch and the race for anonymity with Darkcoin has raised the bar. The new clones arent bitcoin but NXT clones. Personally I think they are as shit as Bitcoin clones. We don't need them, they exist only for the egos of the developers.

So in some ways its the same as before but the game has been upped. Even scams have become more developed, its not enough to have a fake thread you got to have a functioning fake wallet and even set up an exchange like Sharecoin to scam people. I think we should only look at the top 10-20 coins. The rest don't really deserve talking about.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
Skol!
June 07, 2014, 03:09:58 PM
This OP was one of the reasons I was out of the mining game last 2 months. Too many scams, copy/clone, liars, amateur/no skilled devs, greed and retardation. Couldn't handle it anymore, completely burned. The complete opposite of what crypto could be in my opinion.

(I mined HBN last 2 months and sold 60% at 50000, I was lucky there.)
June 07, 2014, 03:05:33 PM
Being a newbie is not easy here.. i see how you guys are Undecided

They just make new coins as stated in the above posts. When they get enough Bitcoins through donations and all, they get many Bitcoins. After sometime they stop making that coin. So this post is banning such users to protect other users from being cheated.

lol i was thinking the same thing! I feel so self-concious being a newbie. Embarrassed Oh well.  I have so many questions but if i announce them people will think that im retarded Embarrassed

I am a newbie too. So ask your questions without fear.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir
Activity: 588
Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?
June 07, 2014, 02:50:35 PM

lol i was thinking the same thing! I feel so self-concious being a newbie. Embarrassed Oh well.  I have so many questions but if i announce them people will think that im retarded Embarrassed

This is mainly against devs that create new coins on new accounts and are most of the time just trying to make a few btc before they desert their coin and make a new one.
June 07, 2014, 02:47:39 PM
lol i was thinking the same thing! I feel so self-concious being a newbie. Embarrassed Oh well.  I have so many questions but if i announce them people will think that im retarded Embarrassed

No such thing as a dumb question, just dumb people who ask them.  Smiley

But honestly, most are very helpful here no matter how newbish you think the question is.

You can ask questions about things you don't understand. There are a lot of people who like to help newbies. Don't misunderstand by seeing this post.
Kindly,
        Muhammed Zakhir
legendary
Activity: 999
Merit: 1000
June 07, 2014, 02:28:02 PM

No such thing as a dumb question, just dumb people who ask them.  Smiley

But honestly, most are very helpful here no matter how newbish you think the question is.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
June 07, 2014, 02:17:10 PM

Activity: 708
Merit: 502
June 07, 2014, 01:55:05 PM
agree ban new devs in order to prevent coin-spam
Activity: 40
June 07, 2014, 01:41:39 PM
legendary
Activity: 1876
June 07, 2014, 10:53:15 AM
Soooooo Kelsey, exactly what coin did you purchase before making this post...I warned you about going all in on Corgicoin...

Corgicoin too tha moon... Grin....btw wtf is corgicoin  Huh

Its not perfect, and maybe some will find was around it yes, but its a start to ban newbie accounts from ann new coins.
legendary
Activity: 1260
June 07, 2014, 10:49:19 AM
Soooooo Kelsey, exactly what coin did you purchase before making this post...I warned you about going all in on Corgicoin...
June 07, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

They aren't all going down. NXT, Darkcoin, anything of quality holds and increases in value. Do I need to remind you BTC is half the price it was less than a year ago.

Still risky to hold them long term. Maybe 1 or 2 went up in value, but in 3 months time, when there is 6000 coins,  they will be worthless and forgotten

Can't tell that about now. The chance is 50% .
Kindly,
       Muhammed Zakhir
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
June 07, 2014, 10:39:07 AM

They aren't all going down. NXT, Darkcoin, anything of quality holds and increases in value. Do I need to remind you BTC is half the price it was less than a year ago.

Still risky to hold them long term. Maybe 1 or 2 went up in value, but in 3 months time, when there is 6000 coins,  they will be worthless and forgotten

Activity: 49
June 07, 2014, 10:38:22 AM
cant ban them. best is to educate people against buying those coins. Less than 10 groups are responsable for 200+ scam coins that have saturated the market
+1.  There is a lot of... em... whistleblowers who want to persuade you to give them your money. But you can't ban all of them. It's impossible. But you can educate people and create a situation, when nobody needs to listen this jerks.
Whistleblowers? Whoa, you are quite polite guy... or girl... or other... or both. (c)
But i'm agree with you.
June 07, 2014, 10:29:53 AM
cant ban them. best is to educate people against buying those coins. Less than 10 groups are responsable for 200+ scam coins that have saturated the market
+1.  There is a lot of... em... whistleblowers who want to persuade you to give them your money. But you can't ban all of them. It's impossible. But you can educate people and create a situation, when nobody needs to listen this jerks.
These guys know what they talking about. Banhammer has no power nowadays and only educated community can understand what information they read - true or false
June 07, 2014, 10:17:58 AM
Activity: 508
June 07, 2014, 10:09:16 AM
As it's been stated before, buying an older account is pretty easy to do, or just paying someone with an older account to start the thread.
This is not the solution.
But I agree that something needs to be done, I'm sick and tired to see all these clonecoins, shitcoins, scamcoins and dumpcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1106
June 07, 2014, 09:57:25 AM
cant ban them. best is to educate people against buying those coins. Less than 10 groups are responsable for 200+ scam coins that have saturated the market.

Now that exchanges are racing to list these scams as fast as possible, and people are actually buying them its much faster for the Devs to dump their premines/instamines, then move on to the next

Safest way to play the game, these days,  is to instadump what ever you have for BTC as fast as you get them. Even legitimate coins.

Not an ideal situation, personally i would like to collect coins, but they always goin down, so not worth it anymore.

Pages:
Jump to: