Author

Topic: Bank or Bitcoin Wallet? - page 184. (Read 230470 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
★ Nakedbitcoins.com ★
October 21, 2015, 05:02:26 AM
I still use both of them & can't choose bitcoin right now because there are barely any physical store which accept bitcoin in my country Sad
When bitcoin is accepted by many physical store(merchants), i'll choose bitcoin than bank Smiley

i also accept your point, in my country India, here also still bitcoin is not acceptable in any physical store because bitcoin is still not acceptable in government.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 21, 2015, 04:00:28 AM
For me it all depends on what I'm doing, as I am still young, I would choose bitcoin as the price has a higher chance of going up compared to fiat. So if you wanted something for the long term, then I would choose bitcoin wallet, bitcoin beats banks any day(unless it's the day bitcoin drops to like a dollar). But if i was not planning on investing and planning to use my money quite quickly, I would definitely choose the bank. If banks started accepting bitcoin, it would be great for them, more people would start to use bitcoin, as it is better, and more people will use the bank, making the bank more money.  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 210
October 21, 2015, 03:57:42 AM
i choose bank,legalize is the only reason.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
October 21, 2015, 03:54:27 AM
for now bank is domination money.....
bitcoin is cheap and easy money transaction  Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 70
October 21, 2015, 03:06:11 AM
bank and bitcoin wallet
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
October 21, 2015, 02:52:55 AM
Well if you want to use bitcoin through bitcoin debit cards then you should use both of them.
Banks and bitcoins, i prefer more to be my own bank - bitcoin wallet.
You almost can buy anything with bitcoin just sometimes you get discount sometimes you should have to pay more fees.

I'm actually looking into getting a bitcoin debit card from a local exchange here. The only thing that's stopping me are the fees I might incur even when I'm not using it. Debit cards come in handy, especially if I don't have cash at hand and I need to buy something.
Same i too don't want to pay a lot of fees for Bitcoin DC. i hope in coming days there will be some other Bitcoin Debit Card providers with lower fees/ no fees at all. Tongue
Activity: 50
October 21, 2015, 02:43:27 AM
Unfortunately needed both, but I'd rather use Bitcoins
Activity: 140
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
October 21, 2015, 01:54:05 AM
what you will chose amomg them.and why do the banks are afraid of bitcoin.why banks are not much smooth and faster like bitcoin.if banks start accepting bitcoin as payments then will it became a revolutionary for us?can bank can solve our mining or money curculation probems.

It depends how much money we are talking about and what kind of wallet?  If it is a paper wallet locked in a secure fire safe vault guarded by an army then I'd say a wallet.  If it is a digital wallet, then a bank that is insured by the FDIC.  I think banks have a very different agenda from Bitcoin holders who are benefiting from the long term fundamentals of the currency.  Banks are direct beneficiaries of a fractional-reserve currency system.

Bitcoin can also be fractional-reserve currency. Banks can have 1 bitcoin and do 10 bitcoin borrowing/lending.
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
October 19, 2015, 06:08:15 PM
what you will chose amomg them.and why do the banks are afraid of bitcoin.why banks are not much smooth and faster like bitcoin.if banks start accepting bitcoin as payments then will it became a revolutionary for us?can bank can solve our mining or money curculation probems.

It depends how much money we are talking about and what kind of wallet?  If it is a paper wallet locked in a secure fire safe vault guarded by an army then I'd say a wallet.  If it is a digital wallet, then a bank that is insured by the FDIC.  I think banks have a very different agenda from Bitcoin holders who are benefiting from the long term fundamentals of the currency.  Banks are direct beneficiaries of a fractional-reserve currency system.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Move On !!!!!!
October 19, 2015, 04:01:57 PM
I hate the banks. Every year they increase their bank fees and come up with new and stupid ways to get you to give them more of your money.
They are clever but not geniuses. The informed clients of these banks will move their money to have it make more not less as the banks continue to gouge us all.

Yes but we all are still condemned on using them. Bitcoin is still a bit risky and too volatile for me in order to put all of my savings into Bitcoin.

So until the day that Bitcoin will be a sure thing, I think it's very important that we all do a good risk management and that we invest just as much as we are comfortable. Of course, the rest or at least a part of my savings is still in my bank account.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
EtherSphere - Social Games
October 19, 2015, 02:38:24 PM
I hate the banks. Every year they increase their bank fees and come up with new and stupid ways to get you to give them more of your money.
They are clever but not geniuses. The informed clients of these banks will move their money to have it make more not less as the banks continue to gouge us all.
Activity: 133
October 19, 2015, 02:38:07 PM
i would choose a bitcoin wallet instead of banks
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
October 19, 2015, 02:27:58 PM
I thin :)k bitcoin wallet is the safest..... Transactions with hash encryptions and always will make out a secure and private environment for you where you can sit back and do transactions

Some people might argue that insurance compensates for the safety aspects that you mention above.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 528
October 19, 2015, 01:46:55 PM
I thin :)k bitcoin wallet is the safest..... Transactions with hash encryptions and always will make out a secure and private environment for you where you can sit back and do transactions
Activity: 70
October 19, 2015, 11:32:51 AM
Both.
I use my bank account for my day to day expenses and my bitcoin wallet for savings
Activity: 140
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
October 19, 2015, 04:22:05 AM
Well if you want to use bitcoin through bitcoin debit cards then you should use both of them.
You almost can buy anything with bitcoin just sometimes you get discount sometimes you should have to pay more fees.

I'm actually looking into getting a bitcoin debit card from a local exchange here. The only thing that's stopping me are the fees I might incur even when I'm not using it. Debit cards come in handy, especially if I don't have cash at hand and I need to buy something.

The bitcoin debit cards are good at least i consider good only for emergencies.
When you need the money in hurry/urgently then you have this debit card and could be better.
The fees are different from the providers but yeah the fees are that stops me too.

We will use bitcoin cards first. When it is not convenient for us to use bitcoin card, we can use fiat cards.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 18, 2015, 01:05:38 PM

The bitcoin debit cards are good at least i consider good only for emergencies.
When you need the money in hurry/urgently then you have this debit card and could be better.
The fees are different from the providers but yeah the fees are that stops me too.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
October 18, 2015, 11:03:13 AM
if you mean a bank for keeping my bitcoins there as i keep fiat, i say no. i want to be my own bank when it comes to bitcoin.
but if there were some sort of bank which was trusted and i wanted to keep a very large amount which they would insure in return and give profit to me, i might do it.
Activity: 56
October 18, 2015, 10:43:25 AM
i can probably tranfer bank to btc or btc to bank account just france banks.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
October 18, 2015, 09:07:19 AM

Jump to: