Pages:
Author

Topic: Bankers are killing the cryptocurrency market - page 4. (Read 928 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 12
The right sentence should be "Bankers are TRYING to kill the cryptocurrency market"
And even in this case I agree only partially.
All the bankers want is to keep control on the financial system, and bitcoin is something they can't control.
At least for now.
So, we can expect all kind of tricks from bank and governemnts.
But I'm very positive that thay won't succeed, even it will be a bloody war.
Activity: 126
Merit: 59
Of course they do not want to lose control and profit. Making the world completely decentralized is still a utopia. At this point it is a source of profit and some illegal action. But I hope that the situation will change.

We don't need to make the world completely decentralized at one go. Rome wasn't built in a day. It should be a constant process even if we have to retreat sometimes. Crypto has shown us that decentralization is certainly possible thanks to cryptography. If governments manage to collude in their crusade against the cryproworld, they may win some time for themselves. But everyone and his grandma already know that, first, it is definitely possible to decentralize the world, and, second, they are very, very afraid of that, which proves the viability and possibility of such decentralization.
Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Of course they do not want to lose control and profit. Making the world completely decentralized is still a utopia. At this point it is a source of profit and some illegal action. But I hope that the situation will change.
Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
If not bankers, who would do such a thing?
What is happening right now is far beyond the whales.

PLEASE, TAKE A LOOK AT THE MARKET TODAY!

Bankers are just doing this to blackmail bitcoin and altcoins to force governments around the world ban cryptocurrencies.

Source: my imagination.

Very reliable source, oh yeah!

Look op, judging by your rank, i think that you have also been here for quite some time also. And if i am not mistaken, you should've already read a lot about not just bitcoins but also about most crypto currencies existing. And i honestly think that someone like you have at least looked at the history of cryptos at least once or twice on how they move every month of every year. Which is why i do not understand the reason for your worries. I mean, don't you see that this corrections are healthy for the world of crypto as a whole?

Unless, you can show things that prove your claim, i really wouldn't be worried. Instead, i would be happy since this is a great opportunity to invest amd gain more profits. Just sayin'.

He just thinks like that and wants to persuade us about it just by looking at cmc. Don't believe everything you read on forums. I suppose this post will get many shitreplies: "Oh yeah! ****ing banksters!"

Nonsense. It's totally normal for bitcoin to drop like this. It has happened many, many times. Until we get down to $5000, it's barely even a crash.

Totally agree.

I know right? Just doesn't make sense. Which is why i wanted some proofs that can back up this claim. Solid ones. Because even though the cryptos are completely unpredictable and anything can happen, every claim is just as good as any claims out there unless proven true by the one spreading the fud.  Having said all these, my stand still remains. I won't believe this crap unless proof is presented here on this thread.
You watch too many movies, there is no conspiracy lol
Agreed. What I have yet to see, after 7 or 8 years of reading about how some banker or government is going to destroy bitcoin, is HOW they are going to do it. I will continue to ignore these threads until there is at least a viable theoretical method for crushing bitcoin.

Maybe its not about how the government destroys BTC, but how they regulate the hell out of it and make it very hard for ordinary people to use.

The exchanges are the weakest links if you ask me. They might start attacking those.
But who, banks? banks have no legal authority. On what legal grounds? Why do I have to use an exchange? I spend my coin not sell them, so I don't need an exchange. And if my government were to "go after" me... I would just move to another country and take my money with me. 

I don't think you will be leaving the Earth any time soon. Because it is not about some government going after you. Today they are all after you. Well, not quite today but you get the point. If all major countries collectively outlaw Bitcoin, where will you go? Exchanges are the weakest link but they are not the only link in the chain which connects you and your bitcoins, metaphorically speaking. And they will find a way to sever it.
I do understand what your concern is. Banks could use their power to lobby for laws that restrict bitcoin, etc. I think that is happening to some extent. But their power is limited and the world is a huge complex place far beyond the control of banks. 

Banks are in competition with each other and could make huge profits servicing bitcoin. It may be just the ticket for some small bank to explode. Why wold such a bank want to hurt bitcoin? There is also the problem of people just using it anyway. There is no central authority to stop me from using it. And the government has not complained to me about the checks they receive quarterly. What's their incentive? 

I also see what your point is. Banks supposedly could make some profits working with bitcoins, though I doubt if they would be huge. First you say yourself that you don't need exchanges and likely neither do you need banks so you are sort of contradicting yourself here and your claims. And then Bitcoin is not used anywhere near to being universally accepted in the world even if the world is "a huge complex place far beyond the control of banks". In short, it is not so much about you using Bitcoin as it is about other people using it too.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
i think the op is confusing market caps with real money. you couldn't take 1% of the market cap out of most of those coins without them collapsing to zero. those huge volumes are the same coins being cycled around the exchanges.

it's not bankers. it's people. most people are greedy and they're seeing crypto as the easy way to get rich. that's what people want.

Activity: 630
Merit: 103
Though I share the suspicion towards bankers, I don't think they have anything to do with the recent drop. It is more an effect of the recent FUDs  plus the market in Europe with the EU dropping from a 3-year high. Or at least those are a factor. Only just seen this in the news earlier.

The most that bankers would probably do with bitcoin is to try to get a share of it.

I agree with you because here in our country our Central bank is very supportive to crypto currencies in which they help us by releasing a guidelines on how scam sites will be prevented and also our major banks are in partner of out local exchanges in which we could cash out our converted fiat over the bank counters directly so therefore banks have nothing to do with this crash.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
Agreed. What I have yet to see, after 7 or 8 years of reading about how some banker or government is going to destroy bitcoin, is HOW they are going to do it. I will continue to ignore these threads until there is at least a viable theoretical method for crushing bitcoin.

Maybe its not about how the government destroys BTC, but how they regulate the hell out of it and make it very hard for ordinary people to use.

The exchanges are the weakest links if you ask me. They might start attacking those.
But who, banks? banks have no legal authority. On what legal grounds? Why do I have to use an exchange? I spend my coin not sell them, so I don't need an exchange. And if my government were to "go after" me... I would just move to another country and take my money with me. 

I don't think you will be leaving the Earth any time soon. Because it is not about some government going after you. Today they are all after you. Well, not quite today but you get the point. If all major countries collectively outlaw Bitcoin, where will you go? Exchanges are the weakest link but they are not the only link in the chain which connects you and your bitcoins, metaphorically speaking. And they will find a way to sever it.
I do understand what your concern is. Banks could use their power to lobby for laws that restrict bitcoin, etc. I think that is happening to some extent. But their power is limited and the world is a huge complex place far beyond the control of banks. 

Banks are in competition with each other and could make huge profits servicing bitcoin. It may be just the ticket for some small bank to explode. Why wold such a bank want to hurt bitcoin? There is also the problem of people just using it anyway. There is no central authority to stop me from using it. And the government has not complained to me about the checks they receive quarterly. What's their incentive? 

legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

Activity: 434
Thinking on the higher plane of existence.
When you look at the history of crypto currencies you'll know that corrections are for the good health for crypto market. It is not always in a state of going up even other resources such as gold falls down. From your rank a senior member you should know, that the world of crypto currency is very volatile that's why it enables us to make profit from dips.
Unless you could show us that bankers are really behind all this then thanks to them we can buy cheap coins.
Yes its true, its natural for cryptomarket to go at extremities and even beyond the bollinger band. That is the reason why it is called volatile type of investment, its something that you can earn a lot or loose your money in full but one thing is for sure, the cryptomarket will stay alive upto when people find it very useful specially as an investment and freelancing.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
When you look at the history of crypto currencies you'll know that corrections are for the good health for crypto market. It is not always in a state of going up even other resources such as gold falls down. From your rank a senior member you should know, that the world of crypto currency is very volatile that's why it enables us to make profit from dips.
Unless you could show us that bankers are really behind all this then thanks to them we can buy cheap coins.
Activity: 840
Merit: 502
What you say it's not completely accurate: bankers are TRYING to kill the crypto market, and you can bet thay will use any method at their disposition.
But - even with the help of governments - they very unlikely will succeed: cryptocurrency were created to bypass governments and banks power.
So, we'll see a big war, but I'm pretty sure that they won't win it.

But there is an even bigger issue even if they cannot kill bitcoin directly they can regulate it to the point the average person cannot acquire it and even if that is unsuccessful they could always join us, they can buy all the bitcoin of the world with their fiat since there is not a limit to the fiat they can print, this could crash the economy and send it through an hyperinflation spiral but at that point they will not care about anything except preserving their positions of power.
Activity: 364
I don't believe banks are really killing the crypto currency market although you are right that they don't want cryptos because it could somehow be the reason why banks are going to die but the way I see it instead of killing cryptos banks are trying to find ways were they can offer services so that they can support the digital economy in fact banks are the one who first help people to convert and cash out their bitcoin and transfer it to their bank account
Ya but in my place, aside from banks are not in favor with cryptocurrency, they are even making block propaganda about cryptocurrencies. They are destroying the image of crypto and aside from that people o cryptoers do not want to put their money the in banks in fear of being taxed if found out they they have huge amount of money saved there.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
What you say it's not completely accurate: bankers are TRYING to kill the crypto market, and you can bet thay will use any method at their disposition.
But - even with the help of governments - they very unlikely will succeed: cryptocurrency were created to bypass governments and banks power.
So, we'll see a big war, but I'm pretty sure that they won't win it.

The banks have power over the current economy, and as a result, we are able to create huge waves in the cryptos markets to play the game they have always played in the traditional markets. If we let them take too much of the cryptos, we're dead.
legendary
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
They maybe one of the reason as to why market is having a crash but it doesn't mean that they can totally control how the market goes. Some of the reasons why market is going loose these days is because of the numbers of pump and dump groups trying to manipulate the price.
The long-term goal of the bankers isn’t to kill the cryptocurrency market it’s to control it. One of the methods they always like to use is to create a crisis then position themselves as the solution. It wouldn’t surprise me if they end up manufacturing a crash or a large security breach at a major exchange while standing by ready to pounce saying “see we need some order and regulation in this market”.

They are trying to control it simply because they can't kill it or killing it in the literally sense of the word, when no one would be using any cryptocurrency, would be prohibitively expensive. They are just trying to make crypto contained at least and irrelevant at best. You cannot kill a hydra but you can still put it in a cell. That's what they are basically trying to do.
Activity: 63
Merit: 3
The long-term goal of the bankers isn’t to kill the cryptocurrency market it’s to control it. One of the methods they always like to use is to create a crisis then position themselves as the solution. It wouldn’t surprise me if they end up manufacturing a crash or a large security breach at a major exchange while standing by ready to pounce saying “see we need some order and regulation in this market”.
Pages:
Jump to: