Pages:
Author

Topic: [Batch 4 Pre-Order!] FutureBit Moonlander 2 Official Order Thread - page 2. (Read 62810 times)

legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Can I ask a real quick question.

Is it possible to get this to mine other algorithms that aren't Scrypt? Such as Cryptonight.

Might be a silly question but it was just a thought since its the software that's choosing the pools

If there is I don't know how.
To my knowledge it can only mine scrypt algo coins such as Litecoin, digibyte, verge, florin, dogecoin, einsteinium, viacoin, etc

Hey mate.  Is there any chance you guys accept crypto currencies for purchases?  Just cllaned out my card as I get paid soon, and dumped into crypto.  Please say yass!

Yep, most of my distributors listed on the main page accept crypto.

Eyeboot.com accept crypto

We just got a bunch of 3A 20A 40A usb hubs in from Sipolar as well:

https://www.eyeboot.com/sipolar-16-port-usb-hub.html
https://www.eyeboot.com/sipolar-20-port-usb-hub.html
https://www.eyeboot.com/sipolar-10-port-usb-hub.html
legendary
Activity: 2061
Merit: 1388
Hey mate.  Is there any chance you guys accept crypto currencies for purchases?  Just cllaned out my card as I get paid soon, and dumped into crypto.  Please say yass!

Yep, most of my distributors listed on the main page accept crypto.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Hey mate.  Is there any chance you guys accept crypto currencies for purchases?  Just cllaned out my card as I get paid soon, and dumped into crypto.  Please say yass!
Activity: 224
Merit: 24
Cant really know ahead of time for issues like this, otherwise Im sure he would have made an announcement.
I understand it's out of their hands and depend on an external service provider. I can resonate with the situation when the big supplyer screws the small shop operator. However, there was no announcement of a lead time, as they claim, and it was here the first time a saw there is a lead time. No point in claiming they have notified the customers, when they have not.

They should explain clearly the situation and take responsability for what their responsability is: listing the item in stock when they knew there were supply chain problems.
Activity: 84
Customers who ordered last week with an announced lead time of ten days will get their delivery at first.
There was no such announcement on your website. You shouldn't have listed the item as in stock and accepted orders and the payment as well. It's not acceptable to pay full price and end up as a sort of preorder.

Cant really know ahead of time for issues like this, otherwise Im sure he would have made an announcement. Not his fault amazon is having issues in Europe. Either way previous two pre-orders were a 2 month wait, 10 days is not a pre-order :p

I just want to say, I was very early on the 2nd preorder and got my Moonlanders last Sat (earlier than quoted delivery date) in Amazon packaging - that surprised me.

Thanks Bitshopper.de
legendary
Customers who ordered last week with an announced lead time of ten days will get their delivery at first.
There was no such announcement on your website. You shouldn't have listed the item as in stock and accepted orders and the payment as well. It's not acceptable to pay full price and end up as a sort of preorder.

Cant really know ahead of time for issues like this, otherwise Im sure he would have made an announcement. Not his fault amazon is having issues in Europe. Either way previous two pre-orders were a 2 month wait, 10 days is not a pre-order :p
Activity: 71
Merit: 13
The problem with bitshopper‘s long processing time and the frequent stock outages is as follows:

We use Amazon as a fulfilment provider for 28 European countries, thus we shipped most of our stock to Amazon warehouses. Several Amazon warehouses have been on strike and they now have a huge backlog in booking seller  stock. Several hundred units are currently locked due to this mess. As soon as they finish their backlog and redistribution, stock at our webshop will get activated as well. I expect full stock availability beginning of next week maybe earlier.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may cause, we filed already a complaint but you can imagine that such a complaint affects Amazon only peripherally.

MacEntyre
bitshopper.de
All orders currently are in stock units, we don't take payments for units not in stock unless it is explicitly stated by my distributors and myself that its for a pre-order.
That may be so, however bitshopper seems to have a looooong processing time for items in stock. I ordered last week and the items are still processing. Ordered from eyeboot and they mailed the package within two days.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
Anyone knows the bitcointalk account name of the guy that runs bitshopper? I had an issue with the shipping company (DPD) and they return my parcel with the miners back. I tried to contact bitshopper through phone and email but I get no response.

edit: Bitshopper replied and they schedule a new delivery. Happy that I ordered from them!
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Bitshopper.de is out of stock from quite some time. Have they ordered any stock resupply from you?
And what do they mean
1 Futurebit Moonlander 2 (Edition bitshopper.de) in Aluminium box
What box?
Yes they will have lots of stock available starting this week
Still not in stock or they had little stock that ran out. Now in stock. WTH.  Huh
Wow. Nice! Order is out.  Smiley
They are acting strange. Now it's out of stock again. Really hard to say if they are throttling orders or simply taking payment for products not really in stock. Thing is, my order is still processing. Will report back when it actually gets shipped, though it would have been enough time to be shipped by now.

Nothing strange about it. Europe demand is through the rough and he is listing his in stock units as soon as they are assembled and ready to ship out in batches of 50 or 100. They just sell out within a day or two. All orders currently are in stock units, we don't take payments for units not in stock unless it is explicitly stated by my distributors and myself that its for a pre-order.

I wonder if buyers understand that your sticks are using a modern chip and actually run using less power cost then the coins earned cost.
Thus they are in high demand.  I still run my eight 24/7/365 sans fans. I run solo looking for that block.

And I use my own external fans. I may do an order for more I will decide later this month.
legendary
Bitshopper.de is out of stock from quite some time. Have they ordered any stock resupply from you?
And what do they mean
What box?
Still not in stock or they had little stock that ran out. Now in stock. WTH.  Huh
They are acting strange. Now it's out of stock again. Really hard to say if they are throttling orders or simply taking payment for products not really in stock. Thing is, my order is still processing. Will report back when it actually gets shipped, though it would have been enough time to be shipped by now.

Nothing strange about it. Europe demand is through the rough and he is listing his in stock units as soon as they are assembled and ready to ship out in batches of 50 or 100. They just sell out within a day or two. All orders currently are in stock units, we don't take payments for units not in stock unless it is explicitly stated by my distributors and myself that its for a pre-order.
And what do they mean
What box?

Is it possible to get this to mine other algorithms that aren't Scrypt? Such as Cryptonight.
No. Asics are optimized for a specific algo. As to your example, Cryptonight is (ATM) Asic-resistant.

This is usually achieved by requiring a lot of memory, which when implementing this on an ASIC, translates to needing lots of physical area on the chip.

ASIC implementations derive their power from having many physically parallel and pipelined threads on one chip, each requiring a certain piece of chip real estate. Now if your algorithm requires lots of real estate even for one step of the pipeline, there will not but much room to actually parallelize or pipeline the algorithm. Thereby you will lose the parallelizing advantage of an ASIC implementation.
Source.
Activity: 12

We now have thousands of new people into crypto, and will still be aggressively using the Moonlander 2 as a tool to get more people excited about crypto and its future!

Thank you and to (in my case) HolyBitcoin for making this happen  - I've been learning lots about Scrypt, other cryptos, hubs & such with these machines....    Cheers!!!
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
And what do they mean
What box?
Still not in stock or they had little stock that ran out. Now in stock. WTH.  Huh
Wow. Nice! Order is out.  Smiley
legendary
Happy to announce that most Batch 2 Pre-orders have now been shipped out, and all worldwide distributors finally have stock! Supply is still tight, but I don't see a need for a Batch 3 for the foreseeable future, so if you want a unit now is a time to grab one (retail pricing currently on direct distributor websites is the lowest price you can get them).

Thanks to everyone once again that participated in the Batch 2 Pre-order and made this another awesome success! We now have thousands of new people into crypto, and will still be aggressively using the Moonlander 2 as a tool to get more people excited about crypto and its future!
And what do they mean
What box?
Still not in stock or they had little stock that ran out. Now in stock. WTH.  Huh
Activity: 12
I managed to get another two this morning at bitshopper.de, their out of stock again now  Huh  went pretty fast was lucky ...

regarding other coins to mine on link https://www.coinwarz.com/miningprofitability/litecoin/?hr=0&p=0&pc=0&hrn=0&pn=0&pcn=0&e=Bitstamp

punched in the numbers and showed Verge (XVG) you would make 0.51c a day, though never heard of it to be honest against LTC, which PPS rate seems to be decreasing fast last couple of weeks

Just to add i love these moonlanders, well apart from the fans on them...

i got them out of interest

I went XVG route also....   Took "forever" getting the thing to synch before I found the trick....

I've got mine mounted horizontally with the heat sink down.   In the dim lights, it actually looks like a little satellite chirping away   

Learning lots.....
legendary
Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032
Value will be measured in sats
Got my shipping notifications from Eyeboot.   looks like shipping from Hong Kong post today

Still no shipping for me from Eyeboot

Please PM me your order number and I will look into it. Quick note, if you picked express shipping then we need your phone number too, otherwise some carriers will not accept the package without a telephone contact.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

I purchased 9 Moonlander 2s from Eyeboot but they only shipped me 8. I'm waiting to see how they respond.

Please email [email protected] directly with your order number. They will help you to solve this issue quickly.

eyeboot still has stock.  I got mine shipped from hong kong in ~10 days from payment.

Glad to read it arrived safely. All pre-orders have been dispatched. Now we are shipping from stock  Smiley

Does someone have discount code for eyeboot by any chance?

upd: nevermind, have already ordered two units

Let me see what I can do
 Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
Any idea when Batch 3 inventory will be available on HolyBitcoin.com?  Thanks.

I think Bittawmart.com has them available.

I just got mine from him.

Pages:
Jump to: