Pages:
Author

Topic: BBC Air Documentary on Notorious ‘Crypto Queen’ Scammer - page 2. (Read 341 times)

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329
Nothing gets the clicks or views more than a good story of fear, uncertainty and doubt. The BBC, which has largely steered clear of reporting on crypto, has aired a documentary on the notorious ‘Crypto Queen’ who made a fortune on a scam ICO.

https://bitcoinist.com/bbc-air-documentary-on-notorious-crypto-queen-scammer/
That project is not an ICO but morelikely to be  ponzi scheme .
I already heard about this onecoin project before the ICO trend started even in my country there are many people promoting this one and they believe this onecoin will be a big thing, without understanding how crypto currency really works.
Thats why there many people has been victim they use the success of bitcoin and told to investors that onecoin is better than bitcoin.
Activity: 896
Merit: 272
OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.
Nothing gets the clicks or views more than a good story of fear, uncertainty and doubt. The BBC, which has largely steered clear of reporting on crypto, has aired a documentary on the notorious ‘Crypto Queen’ who made a fortune on a scam ICO.

Scams always happen in investing, and I got used to that. In an ICO if you do not scrutinise the projects you are about to invest, you will always be the prey of all Scammer. Invest in publicly-known projects of the development team's identity, check the project's tax code to authenticate the company you're about to invest. Take your time to check the project information before investing in it.
Well said, and for that reason we need to be cautious and conduct our own research just to ensure that we are not falling into some sort of scam. Scammers these days used different techniques and strategies to deceive other people particularly newbies because most of them does not have enough understanding which leads into bad situation.
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
it's almost as if the BBC etc don't care about their credibility

they wouldnt lose income from advertisers as there are non. tv licence is a guaranteed income stream whether people watch their shows or not, so why care
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...

unfortunately, proving something using science or math actually sounds like magic to the vast majority of people, and the media (not just the newsmedia) have done a great deal to encourage it, when they could responsibly be trying to carefully devise ways of making reasoning & critical thinking a part of ordinary culture (to their credit, the BBC were good at making TV like that in the past, but have dumbed things down since). Using cryptography to prove someone is a scam artist (even something relatively simplistic as in Wright's case) appears to the average human as voodoo, it's a hell of a tide to swim against.

I get your other point though also, it's almost as if the BBC etc don't care about their credibility (this is also essentially tabloid journalism as TV), but they can always use the above assessment as a figleaf: "pffff, what regular person even understands this witchcraft", when in fact (especially in the BBC's case) there are dozens of cryptography experts working a walking distance away from their main studios.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...

"You've hit the nail on the head"! There are two theories that came to my head with regards to this, one is that either the mainstream media such as BBC lacks information about CSW's blatantly faked adventures or they did deliberately cast a news blackout on that topic fearing for legal reprisal from Faketoshi who often uses the "teeth of the law" to intimidate  anyone who challenges his fraudulent actions.

But with regards to this documentary, I think its a good move for them to be able to convey important information  about crypto being used to commit fraud thus serves as a warning and eye opener for those who are about to enter the world of crypto so as not to be victimize from this type of scams. I just hope that this documentary will present cryptocurrency fairly and objectively to give the viewers a balanced point of view about it.
Activity: 1151
Merit: 260
☆Gaget-Pack☆

Thanks for this information brother, it's good to see these scammers get ousted. Far too many of us have been scammed in this community. No sympathy for the thieves at all. This should help spread awareness to their tactics and help those who could be potentially scammed within the future. Remember to practice your're Due Diligence!  Cool
Activity: 658
Merit: 100
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

Scams always happen in investing, and I got used to that. In an ICO if you do not scrutinise the projects you are about to invest, you will always be the prey of all Scammer. Invest in publicly-known projects of the development team's identity, check the project's tax code to authenticate the company you're about to invest. Take your time to check the project information before investing in it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...
In my early days I actually believed that the media was the source of correct and undiluted information but I have been proven wrong, what they seem to care about is publicity and their very own agenda. The only truths is  when it comes to pleasing their owners and them getting clicks.
copper member
Activity: 70
Merit: 22

The click hunger journalists don't care about the means to meet their ends, it's all about that bottomline.

Unfortunately I guess this article will resonate with people that invested at the peak of the market and lost money on crypto, they'll feel good about themselves that "crypto is a scam". Sad.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1196
STOP SNITCHIN'

The narrative that he is (or might be) Satoshi is a much bigger headline. All the media cares about anymore is getting clicks. If he's just cast as a common conman, nobody would be interested in the story. With Onecoin, they can point to a Ponzi scheme worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
So weird that the media won't get within 100 feet of pointing out that Wright is an obvious scammer, but seems to have no problem doing so for onecoin.  Onecoin is obviously a scam, but not more obviously than wright...
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3079
LOL

Doesn't every British pound have the "Fiat Queen" scammer's face on it?  Cheesy

I heard her relatives pretended to be chosen by God to steal everyone's money, then bought jewelry and palaces with it!!!! And "Queen Lizzie-fah II" (her gangster moniker) still has the palaces and the fat gold chains in her possession....

The BBC should investigate this scamming family of gangsters, right?
Activity: 29
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: