Pages:
Author

Topic: BBQcoin Windows Client Update - page 2. (Read 2920 times)

Activity: 179
Merit: 100
June 10, 2013, 01:41:59 PM
I really cannot believe this, are you trying to kill BBQcoin or something? You had better not be!

It should be killed. The only reason you and dozen of supporters want it to live is because you have been secretly mining it, the dead coin, for
many months and after you stockpiled shitload of coins you started "BBQ is alive" campaign, which included bribery for Bter exchange. So lame!

I mined BQC when most users didn't car about it. How is that a secret? Anyone was about to do it, what's wrong with that?

I gave BTER.com 10,000 BQC but they gave it back to me in my trading account on there, so did not even need it. That's the facts.

And what is a shitload?

Look at my You Tube video, you can see how many coins I have on the video. Its there for everyone to see, did you not know this?

Why don't you research something a little bit before throwing accusations around.

You are full of shits and you are scumbag, just like markm and few others who recently poped-up supporting BBQcoin and few other failed projects
not because they are needed but because you want to profit from the deal. Situation with BBQcoin now is pretty much like with bastards who were
premining, instamining or buying some crapcoin for cheap and then started spamming around how that same crapcoin is the next big thing, the best
altcoin or whatever even though they are aware coin is just lame variation on some other cryptocoin, bringing nothing of value to the table.

I'm here for so long that your and other "developer" or "benefactor" bullshits are not even laughable to me anymore. Just drop dead finaly, thanks!

via Imgflip Meme Maker
Activity: 924
Merit: 1005
Product Marketing & Promotion / Software Developer
June 10, 2013, 01:37:47 PM
I really cannot believe this, are you trying to kill BBQcoin or something? You had better not be!

It should be killed. The only reason you and dozen of supporters want it to live is because you have been secretly mining it, the dead coin, for
many months and after you stockpiled shitload of coins you started "BBQ is alive" campaign, which included bribery for Bter exchange. So lame!

I mined BQC when most users didn't car about it. How is that a secret? Anyone was about to do it, what's wrong with that?

I gave BTER.com 10,000 BQC but they gave it back to me in my trading account on there, so did not even need it. That's the facts.

And what is a shitload?

Look at my You Tube video, you can see how many coins I have on the video. Its there for everyone to see, did you not know this?

Why don't you research something a little bit before throwing accusations around.

You are full of shits and you are scumbag, just like markm and few others who recently poped-up supporting BBQcoin and few other failed projects
not because they are needed but because you want to profit from the deal. Situation with BBQcoin now is pretty much like with bastards who were
premining, instamining or buying some crapcoin for cheap and then started spamming around how that same crapcoin is the next big thing, the best
altcoin or whatever even though they are aware coin is just lame variation on some other cryptocoin, bringing nothing of value to the table.

I'm here for so long that your and other "developer" or "benefactor" bullshits are not even laughable to me anymore. Just drop dead finaly, thanks!

You really have not been doing any research at all have you?

I have mentioned many times that I don't make my profits with BBQcoin and in fact for the months I had the bbqcoin.org website up and BQC was worthless, on that side I was making a loss.

I make my profits with trading BTC into USD and back, simple but it works.

BBQcoin is something that I enjoy doing, along with trying to help new users with You Tube videos etc.

How does that make me a scumbag and that you want me to die?
June 10, 2013, 01:00:05 PM
Thanks K1773R for your analysis.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 10, 2013, 12:51:55 PM
"Easy Installation with Setup Wizard"
I have not tried the installer, but the posted code do not include any source for this setup wizard. So if there is a installer the code for that is missing.
June 10, 2013, 12:49:22 PM

I mined BQC when most users didn't care about it. How is that a secret? Anyone was about to do it, what's wrong with that?

And what is a shitload?

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
June 10, 2013, 12:34:32 PM
i just checked the differences (you didnt include git so you wanted to make it harder, still we can see how it goes).

1. definately hijacking of BBQCoin by trying to change the logo to your owns to discredit all others.
2. changing the link from bbqcoin.org to bbqcoin.com
3. added seednodes (as promised), though this could be used to takeover the chain via a hardfork and discredit all others.
4. they didnt include a chat function to the QT GUI, all they did was an option to open a link with ur default browser that goes to http://www.bbqcoin.com/chat

even cubox could have done this, so "professional" as he was (for reference, cubox was just a kid).

id say thats the ultimate proof that this is a try of a hostile takeover at all, if you use this client you help to devalue the value fo BBQCoin and also help for future malicious task being forced of bbqcoin.com
also accusing me of DDoS'ing you to discredit me is a really silly thing to do.

the source is clean, be aware there is no way to proof the source they released has been used for the binary they supply.

for those interesting what changed, look at these files

Code:
$ LANG=C md5sum -c /tmp/bbqcoin.md5 | grep FAIL
./src/qt/res/icons/toolbar_testnet.png: FAILED
./src/qt/res/icons/toolbar.png: FAILED
md5sum: ./src/qt/res/icons/chat.png: No such file or directory
./src/qt/res/icons/chat.png: FAILED open or read
./src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin_testnet.png: FAILED
./src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin.png: FAILED
./src/qt/res/icons/bitcoin.ico: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoingui.h: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoin.qrc: FAILED
./src/qt/bitcoin.cpp: FAILED
./src/net.cpp: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/nsis-wizard.bmp: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/nsis-header.bmp: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/favicon.ico: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/bitcoin.ico: FAILED
./share/pixmaps/bitcoin-bc.ico: FAILED
./README: FAILED
./doc/bitcoin_logo_doxygen.png: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 1 listed files could not be read
md5sum: WARNING: 17 computed checksums did NOT match

source code differences:
Code:
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.h src/qt/bitcoingui.h
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.h 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoingui.h 2013-06-08 19:31:02.000000000 +0200
@@ -94,6 +94,7 @@
     QAction *changePassphraseAction;
     QAction *aboutQtAction;
     QAction *openRPCConsoleAction;
+    QAction *chatAction;

QSystemTrayIcon *trayIcon;
     Notificator *notificator;
@@ -157,6 +158,8 @@
     void optionsClicked();
     /** Show about dialog */
     void aboutClicked();
+    /** Show chat dialog */
+    void chatClicked();
 #ifndef Q_WS_MAC
     /** Handle tray icon clicked */
     void trayIconActivated(QSystemTrayIcon::ActivationReason reason);
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoingui.cpp 2013-06-08 22:24:56.000000000 +0200
@@ -258,6 +258,8 @@
     optionsAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/options"), tr("&Options..."), this);
     optionsAction->setToolTip(tr("Modify configuration options for BBQCoin"));
     optionsAction->setMenuRole(QAction::PreferencesRole);
+ chatAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/chat"), tr("BBQ &Chat"), this);
+    chatAction->setToolTip(tr("Let's chat!"));
     toggleHideAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/bitcoin"), tr("Show/Hide &BBQCoin"), this);
     toggleHideAction->setToolTip(tr("Show or hide the BBQCoin window"));
     exportAction = new QAction(QIcon(":/icons/export"), tr("&Export..."), this);
@@ -276,6 +278,7 @@

connect(quitAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), qApp, SLOT(quit()));
     connect(optionsAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(optionsClicked()));
+    connect(chatAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(chatClicked()));
     connect(aboutAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(aboutClicked()));
     connect(aboutQtAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), qApp, SLOT(aboutQt()));
     connect(toggleHideAction, SIGNAL(triggered()), this, SLOT(toggleHidden()));
@@ -312,7 +315,10 @@
     settings->addSeparator();
     settings->addAction(optionsAction);

-    QMenu *help = appMenuBar->addMenu(tr("&Help"));
+    QMenu *chat = appMenuBar->addMenu(tr("&Chat"));
+    chat->addAction(chatAction);
+
+    QMenu *help = appMenuBar->addMenu(tr("&?"));
     help->addAction(openRPCConsoleAction);
     help->addSeparator();
     help->addAction(aboutAction);
@@ -473,6 +479,11 @@
     dlg.exec();
 }

+void BitcoinGUI::chatClicked()
+{
+    QDesktopServices::openUrl(QUrl("http://www.bbqcoin.com/chat"));
+}
+
 void BitcoinGUI::setNumConnections(int count)
 {
     QString icon;
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.qrc src/qt/bitcoin.qrc
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.qrc 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoin.qrc 2013-06-08 19:56:00.000000000 +0200
@@ -43,6 +43,7 @@
         res/icons/filesave.png
         res/icons/qrcode.png
         res/icons/debugwindow.png
+        res/icons/chat.png

res/images/about.png
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp src/qt/bitcoin.cpp
--- ../bbqcoin/src/qt/bitcoin.cpp 2013-05-08 18:23:19.536553208 +0200
+++ src/qt/bitcoin.cpp 2013-06-08 16:10:51.000000000 +0200
@@ -163,7 +163,7 @@
     // Application identification (must be set before OptionsModel is initialized,
     // as it is used to locate QSettings)
     app.setOrganizationName("BBQCoin");
-    app.setOrganizationDomain("bbqcoin.org");
+    app.setOrganizationDomain("bbqcoin.com");
     if(GetBoolArg("-testnet")) // Separate UI settings for testnet
         app.setApplicationName("BBQCoin-Qt-testnet");
     else
$ diff -u ../bbqcoin/src/net.cpp src/net.cpp
--- ../bbqcoin/src/net.cpp 2013-05-08 18:23:19.532553208 +0200
+++ src/net.cpp 2013-06-08 07:15:39.000000000 +0200
@@ -1138,9 +1138,9 @@
 // The first name is used as information source for addrman.
 // The second name should resolve to a list of seed addresses.
 static const char *strDNSSeed[][2] = {
-    {"cubox.me", "cubox.me"},
+    {"bbqcoin.com", "bbqcoin.com"},
 };

void ThreadDNSAddressSeed(void* parg)
June 10, 2013, 12:27:35 PM
I just worry when I cannot see your source code, that's the main thing really and you could of at least sent me a quick PM just to let me know that you were going to release an update to the client.

The source code is now available on the website. But the source code is not a guarantee. The real scammers will make a malicious executable file and will post a safe source. I didn't send you a PM because you never showed willingness to cooperate. You started to defame our website. So, what do you expect?

Can someone verify the supplied source is safe and appears to match the client download? It's Greek to me.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
June 10, 2013, 12:01:26 PM
I just worry when I cannot see your source code, that's the main thing really and you could of at least sent me a quick PM just to let me know that you were going to release an update to the client.

The source code is now available on the website. But the source code is not a guarantee. The real scammers will make a malicious executable file and will post a safe source. I didn't send you a PM because you never showed willingness to cooperate. You started to defame our website. So, what do you expect?
June 10, 2013, 11:15:56 AM
We now have bbqcoin.org, bbqcoin.com and bbqcoinfoundation.org. I'm sure if we all pool our skills and resources together we'd be able to achieve a lot more for BQC. I mean, we're all on the same team, right? All of us want to advance BBQcoin. I propose that we organize a meeting on the BBQcoin IRC chatroom #bbqcoin.org to try and mediate this issue there and maybe reach a resolution. I wouldn't surprised if we see BQC increase 10-fold once we resolve these differences Smiley

I am in 100%
legendary
/dev/null
June 10, 2013, 10:48:04 AM
We now have bbqcoin.org, bbqcoin.com and bbqcoinfoundation.org. I'm sure if we all pool our skills and resources together we'd be able to achieve a lot more for BQC. I mean, we're all on the same team, right? All of us want to advance BBQcoin. I propose that we organize a meeting on the BBQcoin IRC chatroom #bbqcoin.org to try and mediate this issue there and maybe reach a resolution. I wouldn't surprised if we see BQC increase 10-fold once we resolve these differences Smiley
i would love to, unfortunately bbqcoin.com just proved they are extreme hostile and also shady. maybe the "foundation" isnt the same, though bbqcoin.com's owner is one of the main persons of the foundation (coincidence?). i dont think we are at a PONR (point of no return) yet, but soon we will. atm the bbqcoin.com (and indirectly the foundation therefore) are harming bbqcoin (as you can see because of the ppl being scared if bbq will fail because of all this and therefore dump their cons ASAP).
Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
June 10, 2013, 10:42:43 AM
legendary
/dev/null
June 10, 2013, 10:38:17 AM
First up, BBQcoin.org has nothing to do with DDos attacks, we are a Dev team and don't have the time or inclination for such things.
You have K1773R in your team, if you don't know how to choose good people to work with you, you are responsible... But our server has now a DDOS protection.
cool, didnt know its me, thanks for telling! usually i dont interact with scum like u but i will now since you make me laugh hard and also you destroy your reputation urself.
for the future i wont answer to your post, but please continue posting such things so this thread is atleast a bit interesting Tongue
June 10, 2013, 10:03:33 AM
First up, BBQcoin.org has nothing to do with DDos attacks, we are a Dev team and don't have the time or inclination for such things.

You have K1773R in your team, if you don't know how to choose good people to work with you, you are responsible... But our server has now a DDOS protection.

So I am responsible for a DDos attack on your website just because you say I am? And that makes it fact?

Its a waste of time DDosing any website, all it does is delay them slightly, just like in Superman 2 when he threw the "Delay the badguy with an S shaped net thing" in the end, its pretty pointless.

I don't hate your website at all, in fact the design is clean, fresh and nice on the eye.

I am just wondering, in your eyes who is the Dev team? As in theory the Dev team is the whole community, so there is nothing to really "takeover", nobody can takeover BBQcoin as it is open source, or was until recently.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
June 10, 2013, 09:09:03 AM

http://i.imgur.com/IPJHckT.gif
June 10, 2013, 07:51:31 AM
Well done Guys.

The price was going up nice and steady until BBQcoin.com did there Dev thing.

Now there have been massive dumps on both Cryptsy and Vurcurex.

June 10, 2013, 07:38:55 AM
And why do you keep delaying adding the source code.

It takes 30 seconds to change a link but you keep saying you will add it shortly?

Why not just add it right now, the source code is VERY important so we all know what changes you have made.
June 10, 2013, 07:25:33 AM

Also I notice a few members names popping up now from the "foundation" forum, saying how this is such a good thing.

Coincidence?

And I agree, the client is fine as it is, mobile development is what is needed and that is what we are working on.

It seems strange that BBQcoin.org post on their Facebook page and website that we are moving into mobile app development and the suddenly so does BBQcoin.com, without even consulting us so we could work together.

This is not a competition guys, this is for the betterment of BBQcoin for the community and nothing else.
Activity: 540
Merit: 500
June 10, 2013, 06:52:53 AM
Flashy corporate like gimmicks and vague buzzwords are not what crypto-currencies are about quite frankly. A little more transparency with identity and a more robust outline of what you are trying to achieve would make you look less like some kind of ex Enron middle management type.

Has anyone looked into if this "new client" might create a fork situation yet? Probably not the case but my gut instinct feels like there is some kind of misleading motive behind this or even possibly a scam. I will let someone more informed in those kind of things be the judge of that anyway.

Either way, like others have pointed out, this little "debate" is damaging the reputation and integrity of the coin.
Yea that's what i'm wondering about. The client we have now is fine what BBQcoin needs is a mobile payment app. The guys at BBQcoin.com should put all their effort into that for now.

The mobile app is their next project,  check out the first post.

Just to be clear, mobile app is the next project of the real devs at bbqcoin.org , not bbqcoin.com
Activity: 158
June 10, 2013, 01:09:22 AM
The mobile app is their next project,  check out the first post.

And we need to install MEGA IMPORTANT UPDATE?

What's New

Easy Installation with Setup Wizard
    stable DNS seed pointed to bbqcoin.com
    unique feature: chat through a link directly in bbqcoin-qt (this will be useful if you need help)

Yeah! IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT UPDATE

I will not download this mod
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
June 10, 2013, 12:31:56 AM
Flashy corporate like gimmicks and vague buzzwords are not what crypto-currencies are about quite frankly. A little more transparency with identity and a more robust outline of what you are trying to achieve would make you look less like some kind of ex Enron middle management type.

Has anyone looked into if this "new client" might create a fork situation yet? Probably not the case but my gut instinct feels like there is some kind of misleading motive behind this or even possibly a scam. I will let someone more informed in those kind of things be the judge of that anyway.

Either way, like others have pointed out, this little "debate" is damaging the reputation and integrity of the coin.
Yea that's what i'm wondering about. The client we have now is fine what BBQcoin needs is a mobile payment app. The guys at BBQcoin.com should put all their effort into that for now.

The mobile app is their next project,  check out the first post.
Pages:
Jump to: