Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 374. (Read 1210752 times)

o3u
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Money comes, money goes
i made a TX to poloniex and it basically disappeared:

it's in the log, can't find the txid in the block chain

Perhaps if there was a way to resync the whole block chain?
but i cannot find datafiles in the dir, any ideas how i can do this?

edit: looks like deleting wallet.bin did it. Resync'd using the keys file

1. Which version of daemon/wallet/GUI are you using  ? (for CLI start with --version perameter)
2. Turn off daemon, remove C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\boolb\poolstate.bin
3. Try again.

NVM first attempt (wallet.bin) did not work, however what you suggested above (rm poolstate.bin) worked.

Thanks.
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
Exactly when is this coin going to get any kind of market support....

3-5 BTC volume per day is a MAJOR problem.

The marketing team must bring people in, Yesterday.

Right now none seems to want to either purchase or sell the coin, Hilarious it may seem but its really bad for the coin.

Right now a COPY cat with slightly better marketing could draw the market under our feet..

The previous week was focused almost exclusively on the pools and mining. The release of CPUminer-multi allows cbuchner1 to easily port is current GPU code over. He is currently working on as per this post. Check his post history and you will see his recent posts have been about BBR.

A few people have said that GPU miner is ATI only and they are correct. Thats why there is a 2500 BBR bounty for an AMD OpenCL miner.

Marketing is the current focus. We spent many hours yesterday going over the benefits of BBR over CN coins. Some of these benrfits are BBR's better anonymity and the smaller size of the blockchain. Expect new, easier to read material in the coming days.

Marketing this coin before the GPU miner is finished is a waste of time IMO.  Once people are aware that everyone is fairly mining on equal footing, the price will begin rising again and we can begin marketing.  Also, just a note but only 2.7 btc to .001 which tells me the price is artificially deflated.  But again just a note...
I don't know about the price going up, but at least making it a level playing field so it's worth mining
Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Windows mining just got EASIER! I updated the cryptonote-easy-miner to make Boolberry Easy Miner

It requires .NET 3.0 and .NET 4.5 Framework. Most Windows computers already have these installed. Windows 8 users may need to enable .NET 3.0.

If you copy the address.txt file for your wallet into the main directory, the miner will use that. Otherwise, it automatically generates a new wallet address.

https://mega.co.nz/#!oURlDLKB!g-REMRhaABVmCqrj2dqJcuaGblsNp-k2qtkdCDiK5So
Activity: 462

Right now none seems to want to either purchase or sell the coin, Hilarious it may seem but its really bad for the coin.

Right now a COPY cat with slightly better marketing could draw the market under our feet..

The previous week was focused almost exclusively on the pools and mining. The release of CPUminer-multi allows cbuchner1 to easily port is current GPU code over. He is currently working on as per this post. Check his post history and you will see his recent posts have been about BBR.

A few people have said that GPU miner is ATI only and they are correct. Thats why there is a 2500 BBR bounty for an AMD OpenCL miner.

Marketing is the current focus. We spent many hours yesterday going over the benefits of BBR over CN coins. Some of these benrfits are BBR's better anonymity and the smaller size of the blockchain. Expect new, easier to read material in the coming days.

Marketing this coin before the GPU miner is finished is a waste of time IMO.  Once people are aware that everyone is fairly mining on equal footing, the price will begin rising again and we can begin marketing.  Also, just a note but only 2.7 btc to .001 which tells me the price is artificially deflated.  But again just a note...

Just read last 2 pages right now... delusion and attacks on BBR.

The only person really attacking BBR was darkota and even the XMR team shot him down. His trolling is epic.

Only the other hand, there are some that act as if all CryptoNote coins have the same level of anonymity and that XMR, with its current popularity, will lead them all. We are working on material to educate them as to why Boolberry's anonymity is superior.
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10

BBR is almost completely tied to XMR...

It will not be long before XMR is tied to BBR.   Grin
Edit: This will also help the XMR price.
legendary
Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

Speaking as a trader...

BBR is almost completely tied to XMR...
And it's not linear... it's nonlinear where you've gone from 3:1 to 5:1 ratio...
Though if XMR bounces... BBR will likely bounce more.

And most of Tier Two CN coins are just BotNet fodder to be dumped at 3 sats...
And are hurting the space by making all CN coins looks like low-end BotNet fodder.

The real problem is the delusional Monero Cult mentality...
Where it's an absurd Article of Faith that Monero = Bitcoin...
And you have complete idiots talking about 2 year development time frames.

Just read last 2 pages right now... delusion and attacks on BBR.

In the last few months anon has become ubiquitous...
It's not gonna matter if academics find CN is "more perfect"...
The anon window is rapidly closing...
Because very, very few people require a CRIMINAL level of total anon...
That's not much of an argument in the face of a massive proliferation of "good enough" anon.

A few people have said that GPU miner is NVIDIA (CUDA) only and they are correct. That's why there is a 2500 BBR bounty for an ATI Radeon (OpenCL) miner.

Marketing is the current focus. We spent many hours yesterday going over the benefits of BBR over CN coins. Some of these benefits are BBR's better anonymity and the smaller size of the blockchain. Expect new, easier to read material in the coming days.

edit - corrected graphic card names and spelling
Activity: 538
Merit: 500

You know that this is not like company? You can get involved - put some BTC or BBR for bounty or you can even contact exchanges and ask them to add BBR, etc.

Activity: 462
What a great job you have been doing here!  Shocked  Amazing stuff!

I started to read about BBR and, finally, begun mining yesterday Smiley Even with the public pools, its like solomining atm - net rate is so huge compared to the pool´s rates. I even had to buy a few coins to see that the wallet was working properly, and it did - very fast transaction time too! Cheesy Looking forward to gpu mining - and bigger and more pools.

My gut tells me BBR should be a success, even if it needs some time  Smiley Like solomining with cpu's Wink
Activity: 277

GPU miners are coming soon...  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1148

Activity: 976
Merit: 646

1. Which version of daemon/wallet/GUI are you using  ? (for CLI start with --version perameter)
2. Turn off daemon, remove C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\boolb\poolstate.bin
3. Try again.
o3u
Activity: 393
Money comes, money goes

zoidberg, you'll want to call pthread_mutex_init(&applog_lock, NULL ); before you're reading the scratchpad via HTTP requests
and making applog() calls...

It will crash pthreads on Windows if applog_lock remains uninitialized.  The mingw Windows builds may be more forgiving, but my Visual Studio build isn't...

Christian

Thank you, fixed & pushed!
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
zoidberg, you'll want to call pthread_mutex_init(&applog_lock, NULL ); before you're reading the scratchpad via HTTP requests
and making applog() calls...

It will crash pthreads on Windows if applog_lock remains uninitialized.  The mingw Windows builds may be more forgiving, but my Visual Studio build isn't...

Christian
For those concerned about GPU miner, cbuchner1 posted that he has been working on the GPU code:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7806433

Cuda only?  Angry

You can help by donating to the AMD OpenCL bounty - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/old-thread-bbr-bounty-for-open-source-wild-keccak-opencl-gpu-miner-639753

The actual bounty is 1780 BBR. The stratum pool bounty is unclaimed because the work was completed by crypto_zoidberg. I will get that updated.

Also, alerting the usual AMD devs to the existance of the bounty would help.
legendary
Activity: 1106
For those concerned about GPU miner, cbuchner1 posted that he has been working on the GPU code:

Cuda only?  Angry

• Transaction outs with guaranteed anonymity. An additional attribute for out is added: it can ONLY be used in the transaction with mixin level in ring signature not less than a given number. The feature is added to ensure the user's anonymity of transactions ring signature over time.

I might be missing something, but wouldn't it be more effective to enforce the mixin level on a more global level? Mixing in a key which appears somewhere else in an unmixed fashion will be less effective against smart blockchain analysis, after all.

For my point it is better to leave possibilty to have two subset of transactions outs - outs with guaranteed anonymity and regular outs, and different outs types could transform to each other during the circulation.

Actually unlinkability is e feature that not need to everyone, enforcing this feature for every transaction will blow up blockchain with ringsignatures.
So i've made this feature optional, but i believe still secure.

Jump to: