Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 379. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 259
Merit: 250
Would like to thank whoever dumped a whole heap of coins on me @ yesterday's crazy low price - solved most my mining problems in transaction!  Wink

Would still like to do my bit to support the coin.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
I want to announce that I have selected Boolberry to be the cryptonote platform that I will use for NXTprivacy integration. Having analyzed the source code of the various cryptonote coins, it is clear that BBR is far and away the best. Even has cross platform Qt GUI.

My plan is to integrate a "private send" feature into NXTservices GUI that will allow people with NXT to leverage the privacy from BBR. There will also be a NXT internal privateNXT asset and pNXT BBR fork that map 1:1 to avoid having to exchange NXT <-> BBR in thin markets.

I have not worked out all the details, but I am looking forward to bring a lot of value to both the Boolberry and cryptonote communities in general. My investment strategy is to select the strongest tech platform, invest BTC into it and then invest even more time and dev work to make the investment more valuable.

James

Will your system be a service and closed source? Or will the source be open?

If it's open I would like to fork the project so a Monero transaction medium can be used instead of Boolberry.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Logo is fine.
We already have Bitcrea for branding and graphics, but if you really want to help with that you can post here or via pm some proposals of infographics, especially we need visualization of bbr ring signatures creation. Are able to create animated gifs?

An example of "bbr ring signatures"? Anyway yes, i can do anything.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

Well its not bad on the development front,however market support is near Zero....

This is really bad for the coin.

Why should they market a coin that is still heavy on development?
Its one of the biggest mistakes why crypto's fail these days, heavy marketing followed by a p&d on unfinished projects..

PS. the pNXT thing is interesting but i dont see the added value for BBR? Sound a bit parasite to me..

Noone said to heavily market it.

BUT

trading volume near Zero is not the best of things... for any coin.

Shows lack of interest...

this is an absurdity of the altcoin markets - this is at least the second most interesting coin regarding anonymity, with monero and they for some reason suffer. I am really curious if the best technology owns the market - I say it is still very likely
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Well its not bad on the development front,however market support is near Zero....

Its one of the biggest mistakes why crypto's fail these days, heavy marketing followed by a p&d on unfinished projects..

PS. the pNXT thing is interesting but i dont see the added value for BBR? Sound a bit parasite to me..

Noone said to heavily market it.

BUT

trading volume near Zero is not the best of things... for any coin.

Shows lack of interest...
Activity: 245

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
I like very much your professionalism. Smiley

Can i try to redesign your "brand"? Like a new Website, fix some detail on Logo (or a new logo), BBR Coin, business graphics etc etc.

I'd be happy to help you reach the next level. I think you deserve it,especially if compared to many others crypto-currencies. Smiley

Logo is fine.
We already have Bitcrea for branding and graphics, but if you really want to help with that you can post here or via pm some proposals of infographics, especially we need visualization of bbr ring signatures creation. Are able to create animated gifs?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Activity: 126
I like very much your professionalism. Smiley

Can i try to redesign your "brand"? Like a new Website, fix some detail on Logo (or a new logo), BBR Coin, business graphics etc etc.

I'd be happy to help you reach the next level. I think you deserve it,especially if compared to many others crypto-currencies. Smiley

legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1001
What pool are you guys using? All the ones listed on first post are way too small or dead

These pools are using the newest code:

boolberry.extremepool.org
bbr.farm

The first post will be updated early tomorrow.

Okay, now that the stratum mining is resolved, Whats the status of the status of the release of the GPU miiner?
Activity: 494
I am not sure that easyminer works.  in fact I am almost 100% sure it doesn't.

I know there is a link to it on the site but that is just because I haven't removed it yet. 

I will be going over the code tomorrow and putting proper instructions up on the site on how to mine it, but right now you have to have Linux and download the cpuminer-multi from cryptozoidbergs repo at github.

any cpuminer-multi .exe version
we need windows executable version
Activity: 277
Is there a BBR blockchain explorer?

James

Please give a huge thanks to monerochain for making us a Blockchain Explorer!!

http://bbr.cryptostats.org/

There is LOTS of information on the charts tab.

Don't forget to show your appreciation with some Donations.

Activity: 224
I am not sure that easyminer works.  in fact I am almost 100% sure it doesn't.

I know there is a link to it on the site but that is just because I haven't removed it yet. 

I will be going over the code tomorrow and putting proper instructions up on the site on how to mine it, but right now you have to have Linux and download the cpuminer-multi from cryptozoidbergs repo at github.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
What pool are you guys using? All the ones listed on first post are way too small or dead
I am not sure if any of the others have been updated except for Extremepool.
Today is the first day that mining on pools is now reasonable to do because of the working stratum miner and pool code.

http://boolberry.extremepool.org is up and running new code, hitting blocks and payouts are verified working.
Can't seem to connect to any of Extremepool's ports. Easyminer just keeps showing this

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
1. My concern is that in order for Alice to Pay Bob using payment ID, if that ID (random or not) is public information and the ID ends up in the blockchain, couldnt an attacker start creating a correlation predictor based on payments to the public ID? Also it is possible to send payments without any payment ID at least it worked in my tests.

2. Sorry, I am still learning cryptonote so I just assumed the dest address is there, I guess it is the payment ID address that is there and unless that was communicated privately, info is leaked

3. After fiddling with things all weekend (half a dozen places that assumed non-zero fees!), I did manage to get it working. My use case wont have any mining, just very low difficulty (big sleep in miner loop) so that we get blocks every minute.

After problems in every step of the process I finally got it to accept a no-fee tx and then finally release it tx from the mempool and once that worked, all seemed pretty happy. I've already premined 99.2% and when I get to 99.999% the block reward will be small enough to discourage any cheating. The purpose of pNXT is to map 1:1 to NXT so that people can send NXT from its web GUI and have it use boolberry cryptonote pNXT for the transfer.

James

P.S. Good point about 32 bit mode, it seems we need to use a memory mapped blockchain file for it to have a chance.

P.P.S. zerofees should encourage a lot of tx, which provides best privacy, at least from a practical point. I guess I need to think about regular purges. With pNXT it is a matter of forcing everyone to redeem it and reset the blockchain, but that does sound rather messy...
If you want learn cryptonote/boolberry you could learn this graph:

To be honest, i'm still not clear what are you going todo.If anyone figured out - please explain me in
Thanks. Yes, this ring sig is very similar to a design I came up with, I just didnt have the crypto background to do the advanced math.

I just want to allow NXT users to have a "private send" button that allows them to send NXT to where they want without anybody being able to figure it out. To do this I need a way to use cryptonote tech for a coin that exactly matches NXT market price. The only solution for that is to make a fork, hence pNXT.

Now I can zap pNXT around and also route it through BBR. I am also adding another layer of encryption so good luck to anybody trying to correlate payments.

James
Activity: 938

These pools are using the newest code:

boolberry.extremepool.org
bbr.farm

The first post will be updated early tomorrow.
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
1. My concern is that in order for Alice to Pay Bob using payment ID, if that ID (random or not) is public information and the ID ends up in the blockchain, couldnt an attacker start creating a correlation predictor based on payments to the public ID? Also it is possible to send payments without any payment ID at least it worked in my tests.

2. Sorry, I am still learning cryptonote so I just assumed the dest address is there, I guess it is the payment ID address that is there and unless that was communicated privately, info is leaked

3. After fiddling with things all weekend (half a dozen places that assumed non-zero fees!), I did manage to get it working. My use case wont have any mining, just very low difficulty (big sleep in miner loop) so that we get blocks every minute.

After problems in every step of the process I finally got it to accept a no-fee tx and then finally release it tx from the mempool and once that worked, all seemed pretty happy. I've already premined 99.2% and when I get to 99.999% the block reward will be small enough to discourage any cheating. The purpose of pNXT is to map 1:1 to NXT so that people can send NXT from its web GUI and have it use boolberry cryptonote pNXT for the transfer.

James

P.S. Good point about 32 bit mode, it seems we need to use a memory mapped blockchain file for it to have a chance.

P.P.S. zerofees should encourage a lot of tx, which provides best privacy, at least from a practical point. I guess I need to think about regular purges. With pNXT it is a matter of forcing everyone to redeem it and reset the blockchain, but that does sound rather messy...
If you want learn cryptonote/boolberry you could learn this graph:

To be honest, i'm still not clear what are you going todo.If anyone figured out - please explain me in
Activity: 224
I am not sure if any of the others have been updated except for Extremepool.
Today is the first day that mining on pools is now reasonable to do because of the working stratum miner and pool code.

http://boolberry.extremepool.org is up and running new code, hitting blocks and payouts are verified working.
Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
Activity: 938

not really man, its just startign with GPU miners coming in

ignore this post. it is a spam account. check the previous posts
Jump to: