Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 387. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Hello friends!

I would like to ask you to help me test new stratum miner that i was working on last days.
I've just commited last changes of cpuminer to this repo:

https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/cpuminer-multi

Here is pool repo:
https://github.com/cryptozoidberg/node-boolberry-pool

I've started test server here:
http://162.243.210.156/

This server is started only in test purposes. Once we find the block i'll turn it off and ask pool operators to update their pools.

To start mining, pull soureces from miner repo, rebuild miner, and run it with this command:

Code:
./minerd -a wildkeccak -o stratum+tcp://162.243.210.156:7777 -u 1L1ZPC9XodC6g5BX8j8m3vcdkXPiZrVF7RcERWE879coQDWiztUbkkVZ86o43P27Udb3qxL4B41gbaGpvj3nS7DgFZauAZE  -p x -P -D -t 4

params -P and -D could be removed. You could also change address, but this is not important since i'm afraid you won't get paid from this test pool.

Important: this miner is not compatible with other coins pools/miners, and it should work at this moment ONLY in stratum mode.

Known bugs:
* {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","error":{"code":-1,"message":"Low difficulty share"}} - in miner. "Bad hash from miner..." - on pool server (hashes missmatched). I talked with some of pool operstors and it seems that this is old bug from lucasjone's code.

So, to prove that this miner and pool is working we have to find at least one block.

PS: For me, cpuminer have nightmare code! May be it's because i'm in love with C++ and writing code in C is almost painful for me. But, i've tryied hard to keep this cpuminer-like code style in my commits there.

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
interesting list -- these were visitors to what site?

interesting visitors to my boolbd

boolbd. boolberry daemon.  Cheesy

you are trolling aren't you - why should they use bbr in its current status?

only logical explanation I see is a) you trolling, b) workers there have the daemon running (mining?)

Don't ask me, grep your logs
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

c) random victims of a botnet?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

you are trolling aren't you - why should they use bbr in its current status?

only logical explanation I see is a) you trolling, b) workers there have the daemon running (mining?)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Xmining pool
Xeon-powered stable and fast CryptoNote open source pool

Why Xmining?
  • 100% uptime
  • Stability tested and guaranteed
  • Super fast Xeon Servers
  • 1% Fee
  • No registration required; start mining immediately
  • Payouts after 60 blocks
  • First Fantomcoin open source mining pool

Join us now!
http://xminingpool.com/
http://boolberry.xminingpool.com/ - BBR Pool

Main thread
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-xmining-pool-bcnxmrfcnqcnxdnbbrdshaeon-cryptonote-merge-mining-675107.
Activity: 560
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
I know price isn't the primary concern here, but anyone have any thoughts on what's been going on - why is BBR looking weaker than XMR lately when it used to look stronger? Has anything susbtantively changed on this coin as far as development work, community, etc.?
Of course the price is going to fall while there is no public GPU miner. GPU miners are a constant drag on price since they have a large advantage over CPU miners and can mine profitably at a price much lower than it is right now.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

dof.gov.ph Department of Finance, Philippines

210.69.170.59=101.npm.gov.tw
national palace museum

186.46.139.221=221.pichincha.andinanet.net
FISCALIA GENERAL DEL ESTADO, Quito, Ecuador

Bank M (Tanzania) Limited, Corporate & Investment Bank

Eunoos Trade Center, Bangladesh

nnpcgroup.com, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation

193.188.91.109=mail.jcscc.gov.jo
civil service consumer corporation
  Our Mission
  Contribute to Civil Service Consumer Corporation in finding a balance and stability of price and quantitative high-quality foodstuffs and consumer goods and building bridges of trust with the beneficiaries of their services sectors to raise the level of service in line with the continuous development in Jordan and the service process of overall economic development

DBS BANK 3 (TAMPINES), Singapore

FINANCIAL-DATA-C-TP-TW

Airtraffic Control Bureau, Lantian, China

65.75.78.150=mail.thebahamaschamber.com
Bahamas Chamber Of Commerce

ASFR National Networks
Not sure, is it Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources?

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
DEV TEAM UPDATE

Sorry for the lack of status updates. Here is a quick one. We will post a complete update by the end of the day.

- Crypto_zoidberg has been working on the stratum miner and will release it by tomorrow.

- Bitcrea, crypto_zoidberg and I are working on marketing.

- Twitter is setup and we are tweeting.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
Nothing done yet, but I wanted to be public about the progress on this as per my post last week that I'd start doing a simpleminer-based GPU miner if stratum wasn't done by today.

https://github.com/dave-andersen/boolberry/tree/opencl

(I still think stratum is better -- it would be easier to add an OpenCL miner to the stratum one than to simpleminer.)

Per a good suggestion from Crypto_Zoidberg, I'm doing this in OpenCL, and will aim to have it work on both AMD and Nvidia GPUs.

It's going to take a bit for me to get the build environment issues (modern boost and opencl yadda yadda) all worked out, but I'll keep this post updated as I go along.  This won't be super-zippy progress -- I know cuda better than OpenCL and I'm not a cbuchner1-level GPU wizard -- but I've done enough OpenCL to know that I can get it done.  And I think that the cross-platform benefits are important.

Progress tracker:

2014-07-02:  OpenCL simpleminer project started.  It builds and finds the OpenCL library and header files.  Does not do anything with OpenCL yet.

Build notes:
 If you get the error:
  ...include/CL/cl_platform.h:95:11: error: "_WIN32" is not defined [-Werror=undef]
             ^
Change the line "#elif _WIN32" in your cl_platform.h to
"#elif defined(_WIN32)".

(This is specific to the version of opencl drivers installed and appears to be a bug in one of the header files.)

Please don't let this slow anyone down from doing stratum - if you get a solid implementation, I'll happily stop futzing with simpleminer (and throw you an extra few BBR as a thank you. Smiley ), and will then look at whether we can take the ccminer version as a base for creating a multiplatform implementation, once it's available.
Activity: 313
IMPORTANT please Devs take note.

Price is not the primary concern by any means BUT:

Support is really low and this allows for games with the currency.

I think some serious investors must support the coin.

IF NOT then maybe a COPY-CAT coin of BBR with investor support can draw the carpet under our feet.

We must have at least 20-30 BTC support and a stable price.....

Curious to understand what steps you'd like Devs to take to draw investors and stablise the price?

Some marketing & publicity efforts at first. Let the coin be heard. Let Average Joe buy some.

2nd contact some serious investors directly. Not pump and Dump schemers, but people that are long term players.

Should they do these things ahead of addressing defects in the current coding?

How does a Dev vet a serious investor from a pump and dump schemer?

I genuinely interested in how a good coin (like I believe this is) can distinguish itself from the noise of most of the other coins.

Good coin can distinguish itself by becoming even better coin.

Generally speaking finishing the GPU miner / stratum and afterwards  hitting another exchange ( ideally cryptsy or mintpal ) is a step towards recognition by average Joe.

We need more acceptance not an investor ...
Activity: 259

IF NOT then maybe a COPY-CAT coin of BBR with investor support can draw the carpet under our feet.

Curious to understand what steps you'd like Devs to take to draw investors and stablise the price?

Some marketing & publicity efforts at first. Let the coin be heard. Let Average Joe buy some.

2nd contact some serious investors directly. Not pump and Dump schemers, but people that are long term players.

Should they do these things ahead of addressing defects in the current coding?

How does a Dev vet a serious investor from a pump and dump schemer?

I genuinely interested in how a good coin (like I believe this is) can distinguish itself from the noise of most of the other coins.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Activity: 259

dof.gov.ph Department of Finance, Philippines

210.69.170.59=101.npm.gov.tw
national palace museum

186.46.139.221=221.pichincha.andinanet.net
FISCALIA GENERAL DEL ESTADO, Quito, Ecuador

Bank M (Tanzania) Limited, Corporate & Investment Bank

Eunoos Trade Center, Bangladesh

nnpcgroup.com, Nigeria National Petroleum Corporation

193.188.91.109=mail.jcscc.gov.jo
civil service consumer corporation
  Our Mission
  Contribute to Civil Service Consumer Corporation in finding a balance and stability of price and quantitative high-quality foodstuffs and consumer goods and building bridges of trust with the beneficiaries of their services sectors to raise the level of service in line with the continuous development in Jordan and the service process of overall economic development

DBS BANK 3 (TAMPINES), Singapore

FINANCIAL-DATA-C-TP-TW

Airtraffic Control Bureau, Lantian, China

65.75.78.150=mail.thebahamaschamber.com
Bahamas Chamber Of Commerce

ASFR National Networks
Not sure, is it Office of the Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
I know price isn't the primary concern here, but anyone have any thoughts on what's been going on - why is BBR looking weaker than XMR lately when it used to look stronger? Has anything susbtantively changed on this coin as far as development work, community, etc.?
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?
 When solo mining i saw a +16. something in Wallets recent transfers......it just disappeared....is that normal?
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
THE COIN HAS BEEN ADDED TO MY JULY REPORT

added to my blogs monthly report of what coins are good to enter and follow - http://fuk.io/july-2014-report-what-coins-to-mine-and-invest-in-right-now/

sent to all 1300 email subscribers. lets hope this helps a bit the community and this decent crypto.

KC.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
BBR.Farm: Work with us to find the next block and earn a bonus of 10%
Jump to: