Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 390. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 976
Merit: 646
If this:
"Transaction identification by prefix: this feature will let us to cut off ring signatures from blockchain that under checkpoint - save space by 30-70%(depends of mixin usage)"
has already been implemented, it's all reasons for people to leave bitcoin.

It is.
Actually it was not a big deal to implement: just change get_transaction_id function (make this function use only tx prefix data) and change transaction serialization map (i've never liked bytecoin mess in ring signatures serialization) to let transaction load itself from blob without ring signatures. Now transactions included into merkle tree only with tx prefix data.

But, to avoid misunderstanding, i want to make clear that this issue is not related with UTXO(as some people thought).
It's just an improvement of bytecoin, that have tonns of ring signatures, that actually not used after transaction lay down in blockchain.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Coins Source's Review/score for Boolberry:

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/boolberry/

Edit:
We've overlooked the cross-QT platform, which has been integrated into the review.
Why does this site give so much importance to popularity?

Doge and Blackcoin rated higher than XMR and BBR? Because the devs are working on foundations and innovation instead of marketing? Please.
I have to admit that they partially right about website and promotion.
I'm focused now on solving stratum/gpu issue, but next priority things todo is:
1. Redesign website (Bitcrea + webdev)
2. Explain BBR features in normal article in human language
3. Make binaries for MacOS and Linux to let start with BBR as easy as it possible.
4. Start to promote in twitter facebook etc

I might change these steps to:

1. Finish stratum to put the private gpu mining issue to rest.
2. Redesign website.
3. Write an article/paper explaining BBR features and the advantages of using it as a currency.
4. Promote on bitcointalk, twitter, facebook.
5. Add features to the wallet/currency.
6. Increase the number of exchanges that BBR is traded on.

We need to create a reason for people to want to use this currency, which means we need features/aesthetics that others don't have.  Once we silence the FUDsters with a stratum GPUs and all miners are on equal footing, more people will join the community.  I have faith that zoidberg knows what he is doing, and I hope he can create something that no one else can.
If this:
"Transaction identification by prefix: this feature will let us to cut off ring signatures from blockchain that under checkpoint - save space by 30-70%(depends of mixin usage)"
has already been implemented, it's all reasons for people to leave bitcoin.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
ok I have two pools with stratum up for boolberry

I have the old one that I have always had stratum on
http://bbr.extremepool.org  - LucasJones Pool Code

And I have added

http://boolberry.extremepool.org  -  CrptoZoidberg Pool Code
Activity: 462
Coins Source's Review/score for Boolberry:

http://www.coinssource.com/crypto-coins/boolberry/

Edit:
We've overlooked the cross-QT platform, which has been integrated into the review.
Why does this site give so much importance to popularity?

Doge and Blackcoin rated higher than XMR and BBR? Because the devs are working on foundations and innovation instead of marketing? Please.
I have to admit that they partially right about website and promotion.
I'm focused now on solving stratum/gpu issue, but next priority things todo is:
1. Redesign website (Bitcrea + webdev)
2. Explain BBR features in normal article in human language
3. Make binaries for MacOS and Linux to let start with BBR as easy as it possible.
4. Start to promote in twitter facebook etc

I might change these steps to:

1. Finish stratum to put the private gpu mining issue to rest.
2. Redesign website.
3. Write an article/paper explaining BBR features and the advantages of using it as a currency.
4. Promote on bitcointalk, twitter, facebook.
5. Add features to the wallet/currency.
6. Increase the number of exchanges that BBR is traded on.

We need to create a reason for people to want to use this currency, which means we need features/aesthetics that others don't have.  Once we silence the FUDsters with a stratum GPUs and all miners are on equal footing, more people will join the community.  I have faith that zoidberg knows what he is doing, and I hope he can create something that no one else can.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511

I've started writing a quick Go (google's go language) interface to talking to the BBR daemon and wallet, so that I and others can hack on creating some toys on top of it.

It does very simple displays of balances and let you transfer funds, but that's it at this point -- but there's enough in there for people to get the flavor of what it will probably look like when it's done.

https://github.com/dave-andersen/gobbr

For the 0.1 people who're interested in this, I've added a bit more robustness - it properly returns errors from the daemon, etc., and supports the GetPayments(payment_id) RPC call.  Still poking at the shape of it a little to see if it's a design I like, but assuming no issues, I'll import the rest of the RPC API in a day or so.
dga
Activity: 737
Merit: 511
I see that Boolberry has been added to the voting on Mintpal.
Activity: 796
Merit: 505
http://boolberry.graymines.net - new pool on high end hardware and good netlink, welcome :-)
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
Everybody please join #boolberry channel in freenode. Devs team are there Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
is this coin over , down to the floor?

it's happening to all CN coins at the moment, I see it as an opportunity to buy.

OR the CN based coins have run the "new novelty" into the ground as people/miners find the payouts not as much as expected via the calculators due to higher rejected shares, orphons, pools constantly under DDoS attack, not true Stratum which could help with DDoS better, etc.  Due to non-standard stratum implementation we don't have any pools running MPOS, NOMP or P2Pool, etc (that I know of).

There is also the god awful large blockchain (for such young coins) to contend with as well as bitmonerod which opens far to many connections and uses up bandwidth like crazy (which should be easy to fix). It has really crazy bandwidth usage even on a state-of-the-art modern desktop that can really slow down the machine and use up a lot of bandwidth if you are on a metered plan. Both of these make a mobile wallet all but impractical to use on a cell network. While the "dust" problem is pretty much mostly fixed going forward, it still has it's mark in the current blockchain size.

When you get down to it, having an easy to use mobile app for payments is going to be one of the "big" items to have for any coin going forward. After all a cryptocurrency needs to be easy and practical to use. The "ID" needed for some payments/transfers is also a stumbling block for many.

I think as the novelty of CN wheres off and people discover the "current issues" the market has adjusted appropriately.  Until some of these issues are "fixed", I don't see these coins going back up in price dramatically anytime soon without a tough fight.

Call me crazy, but that's what/how I see it right now,
Carlo
Activity: 462

it's happening to all CN coins at the moment, I see it as an opportunity to buy.

The coin is in its infancy and the drop in price presents a unique buying opportunity
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

Activity: 336
Exception at [boosted_tcp_server::connect], what=socket_select_interrupter: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

You have a malware, "anti-virus", or "firewall" installed which blocks the connection attempts without telling you?  

Doubt it. Ducknotes works fine for me.

You don't need to doubt if you use system call tracer to see what is happening.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
Exception at [boosted_tcp_server::connect], what=socket_select_interrupter: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

You have a malware, "anti-virus", or "firewall" installed which blocks the connection attempts without telling you?  

Doubt it. Ducknotes works fine for me.
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
On what pool are you mining? Extremepools becomes smaller and smaller but the network still increases, you can't tell me everyone got 20+ high end cpus at home and is solo mining...

There are lot of solo miners, big EC2 instances up & private pools. For sure mining on pool listed in OP is a losing proposition. Weird thing though, I cannot find many big miner who wish to sell in bulk-- perhaps everyone is accumulating

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
I am reading CryptoNote whitepaper which BBR's implementation originates from. BBR is designed to fix Bitcoin, DarkCoin, XC or any mixing service-based coins.

That's great.
Sy
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Bounty Detective
On what pool are you mining? Extremepools becomes smaller and smaller but the network still increases, you can't tell me everyone got 20+ high end cpus at home and is solo mining...
Activity: 336

Activity: 910
Merit: 500
Activity: 1092
Merit: 254
I am having this strange issue where my wallet doesn't sync up, just says updated and still shows my old balance. So I tried running the daemon independently, that gets stuck at the connecting to P2P3/P2P8. Trying to refresh balance also doesn't work. I have tried this in the older 22 and newer 24 version.

Still having problem?

If so, what OS? Are you using command line only? When is the last time you synced up normally?
Windows 7 64 bit. I tried the gui and command line. Both are no go. And I haven't synced even once. Every time the same issue.
Strangely Ducknotes command line works just fine.

Did you build project by yourself or downloaded binaries ?
Anyway, i would like to ask you clear all old logs, start daemon, start wallet and if you see if you face with this issue - include logs here, both from daemon and from wallet.
downloaded the windows binary. Here's what I get in the log:
2014-Jun-26 20:03:46.665708 [P2P3]Connecting to 118.244.214.238:10101(white=1, last_seen: d2.h10.m8.s48)...
2014-Jun-26 20:05:47.033593 [P2P3]ERROR c:\jenkins\workdir\boolberry\contrib\epee\include\net\abstract_tcp_server2.inl:735[epee::net_utils::boosted_tcp_server > >::connect]Exception at [boosted_tcp_server::connect], what=socket_select_interrupter: An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions
Jump to: