Pages:
Author

Topic: [BCN] Bytecoin. Secure, private, untraceable since 2012 - page 48. (Read 1070171 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002
this coin sucks. since yesterday I wait for my binance deposit towards hitbtc .. today I find out that the transaction number does not exist .. they stole everything .... that suck of blockchain  Angry

That is not issue of blockchain if you made transaction using exchange account than you should ask from support to make clear this situation. I checked today this blockchain is working fine and deposit very quickly. HitBTC is not popular exchange because of these kind of issues.
copper member
Activity: 71
Merit: 0
I wonder the chances these guys are watching this thread and taking us all for a ride..
Activity: 182
this coin sucks. since yesterday I wait for my binance deposit towards hitbtc .. today I find out that the transaction number does not exist .. they stole everything .... that suck of blockchain  Angry
Activity: 295
Merit: 10
Spot trading of Bytecoin on OKEx is live! Users that wish to make trades may do so now, withdrawals will be allowed as of July 9th 18:00 (Hong Kong Time, UTC +8)

Happy trading everybody!

https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006669892-Bytecoin-BCN-Now-Available
Okex exchange is very good exchange with high volume.
Hence, it is really good news for Bytecoin community.
What a happy day with one bigger exchange for Bytecoin!

Thank you for your support! We are very happy you feel that way!
Activity: 106
SEO
Bytecoin is now listed on OKEx! Happy trading Bytecoiners!

https://twitter.com/OKEx_/status/1014448786486321153

Now people will get chance to see another pump like what happened at time of listing on Binance. People would like to see this kind of rise to get chance to make safe exit from this coin.

A Dump is happening now !
Spot trading of Bytecoin on OKEx is live! Users that wish to make trades may do so now, withdrawals will be allowed as of July 9th 18:00 (Hong Kong Time, UTC +8)

Happy trading everybody!

https://support.okex.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006669892-Bytecoin-BCN-Now-Available
Activity: 78
there is bytecoin stacking Huh Huh Huh
Activity: 140
Let's make Bytecoin the next big cryptocurrency by supporting and using it continuously. This is just the start of the journey...
Activity: 12
Hi, guys! Who among you passed the quiz? Say a few words about it, maybe you found some mistakes or inaccuracies. Thank you.
Happy 6th Anniversary, Bytecoineers! We've prepared a special surprise for our entire community.

Check the article for more info: https://bytecoin.org/blog/bytecoin-6th-anniversary-surprise
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

Now people will get chance to see another pump like what happened at time of listing on Binance. People would like to see this kind of rise to get chance to make safe exit from this coin.

Activity: 1092
Merit: 511
Bytecoin (BCN) is now listed on OKEx.

1. BCN deposit - 16:00 Jul 04 (Hong Kong Time, UTC +8)

2. BCN spot trading ( BTC, OKB,USDT Market) - 16:00 Jul 05 (Hong Kong Time, UTC +8)

3. BCN withdrawal - 18:00 Jul 09 (Hong Kong Time, UTC +8)
Activity: 226
Merit: 1

As a long time, I traded BCN at 4 Sat. As I was not far-sighted that I sold everything, now I would be much more rich. Surprisingly, the project is developing and attracting new people.
Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
This may not be the appropriate thread, but I was hoping to get some insight from others who believe in Bytecoin. Introducing ASIC miners like the Antminer X3 have completely changed BCN mining. For those now stuck with an Antminer X3 (or similar ASIC miner), Bytecoin is (in my eyes) the only solid choice when it comes to ASIC mining. The list of available Bytecoin mining pools was not big prior to the Antminer X3, and has become even smaller since.

One BCN mining pool in particular owns ~70% of the current Bytecoin network hashrate, which obviously poses several potential risks. I believe most people begin using this pool for the following reasons:

• They currently mine ~70% of all Bytecoin blocks, so payouts would [presumably] be larger than mining elsewhere
  • They advertise a fee of 0%
  • They offer "ASIC friendly" ports specifically for ASIC miners
  • They offer to pay miners 500,000 BCN (the approximate cost of one Antminer X3) if they mine 500,000 BCN on their pool
  • They recently had a promotion giving away a Antminer X3 miner to whomever found the most blocks, and other prizes for 2nd and 3rd place
  • They offer to purchase users Antminer X3 miners for original purchase price, while letting them use it to mine for 3 months and keep 30% of the profit

With no fees, I wonder how a pool owner(s)/operator(s) are able to offer such costly promotions to attract miners, whom will essentially cost them even more money when they have to payout another person half of a million Bytecoin (assuming they stay long enough to meet the criteria). Even without attractive promotions, how would it be possible to offer zero fee mining while paying the associated costs of operating and running the world's largest Bytecoin mining pool? Lastly, why would anyone be concerned about someone so generously offering all of this?

The answer (but first some details) -

• My first day of mining on the pool using x1 Antminer X3 (220 Kh/s) was 2018 MAY 01
  • I started mining with a second Antminer X3 (220 Kh/s) on 2018 JUNE 21
  • For this purpose, I will only list mining payouts using BOTH Antminer X3 miners (a total of 440 Kh/s)
  • Binance.com exchange users are provided with a standard unique Bytecoin address without needing a Payment ID, & was the address used to mine
  • Information regarding mining payouts will be referenced using the deposit history details on Binance.com exchange

Now, back to the answer - In addition to the security of Bytecoin being completely compromised by having a single mining pool own such a large majority of the entire network, this pool undoubtedly kept a large number of my mining income! Based on my hashrate of ~440 Kh/s, payouts were generally extremely low, abnormal, and very inconsistent (at time of this post, using the calculator found on the pool, a hashrate of 440 Kh/s should yield ~2,547.57 BCN per day). There were also days I would receive no payouts/deposits, while my best day of mining with this pool earned me 1,540 BCN, I received a total payout of only 337 BCN the very next day with zero changes made on my end. On average, my true 24-hour earnings for mining on the pool over a period of 10 days was 537.9166666666667 BCN per day (FAR from the estimated 2,547.57 BCN per day the pools own calculator currently estimates)!

So, what happened to the other 2009.653 BCN per day I mined (a staggering difference of just over 20,000 BCN throughout the course of ten days mining on the pool)?! Back to the original question at hand - besides the Bytecoin dev team, who would spend such a significant amount of money to host a complex mining pool which also requires massive amounts of time for maintenance, support, updates, and everything else required to run such a pool, and why? It's nice to imagine there might be someone out there willing to spend all of the time and money required to operate a cryptocurrency mining pool of this magnitude simply because they are kind and generous, or perhaps they so strongly believe in Bytecoin and do it just because they are a believer! But let's not kid ourselves..

A free, zero fee mining pool not owned, endorsed, or supported by the official devs should be enough to realize something is off! Just think about it..

In summary, this is a very real and urgent danger, and I will no longer support Bytecoin if a single entity controls nearly 3/4 of the entire network, as it becomes much too risky. I strongly advise to mine Bytecoin elsewhere, and a quick Google search to find other pools is all it takes (my search led me to https://bytecoin.pt/, as they have a low fee and use a PPS (pay per share) payment mechanism, but I haven't been mining their long enough to provide any other info as of now). Lastly, we must all unite to make this change happen, and especially if you are invested or tied to Bytecoin in ANY way (owners of cryptonight ASIC miners, Bytecoin miners, holders, investors, traders, believers, etc.)

Bytecoin’s Payment ID, an overview – Bytecoin Developer Blog

Our latest blog post from our dev team!

https://medium.com/bytecoin-developer-blog/bytecoins-payment-id-an-overview-5710c7e4742f
Activity: 56
 Many thanks to rockmoney for the information нe provided.
Good luck for you!

Activity: 439
Merit: 297
www.amazon.com/shops/MinersSupply
Attention! Anxiety!

A month ago I downloaded wallets: bytecoin-desctop-2.0.4-win64.msi, bytecoin-desctop- 3.1.0-win64.msi, bytecoin-desctop 3.1.1-win64.msi  from the official site https://bytecoin.org/.
Today I checked them with Avast antivirus. And I got such a result:
bytecoin-gui.exe Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP];
2.0.4 - Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP];
3.0.1 and 3.1.1 - Infected MacOS: BitCoinMiner-CA[PUP] too.
What is it?
How to understand this?
The computer has the Windows operating system installed.

*************************************************************************************************************

A few hours later I received such answers(https://old.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/8v7vyf/attention_anxiety/):

… “There is built-in bytecoin miner in desktop wallet, where user can start to mine or not. Antiviruses determine any miner as potential thread, but its actual only for hidden miners. In our case everybody knows about that build-in miner.”

… “A Potentially Unwanted Program, also called in short as PUP, is a software that contains adware, installs toolbars or has other unclear objectives. The term “Potentially Unwanted Program” was given by McAfee to avoid labelling downloadable programs as malware. PUP is fine.”

… “Well, since there is a miner built in, windows thinks there is a miner in the file.”

Good. Let's assume. Why then does the antivirus write “BitCoinMiner” not “ByteCoinMiner”?

An hour later I got this answer to this question:

..."Because in threads database miner marked as bitcoin miner. Not matter if its cryptonote, ethash, script or other mining algorithm."

I just received such an official response(https://www.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/8v7vyf/attention_anxiety/):

..."I just heard back from the devs and they have told me that all is normal, the antivirus is reading the miner that comes with the desktop wallet. Antiviruses usually read any program that has a potential miner in it as dangerous but since it is a crypto wallet that is able to mine BCN all is as it should be. We hope that was able to help!"

On July 2, I received this answer(https://old.reddit.com/r/BytecoinBCN/comments/8v7vyf/attention_anxiety/):

"...the easiest way to make sure that the hidden miner works - check the processor usage in the task manager. if there is no abnormal load - everything ok.
Current wallet version work good. I am also care about it.
For example previous ver 1.1.9.3 has little lags on my PC, so I use it neatly.
Also you don’t need have wallet running 24/7, you can open one or twice in week for 10minutes to make transaction. "

What other ideas are there on this issue?

As I am sure other have already replied and answered your question, I would like to help put your mind at ease. So, most (good) anti-virus programs will flag any type of "miner" as a virus and/or potentially unwanted program (PUP). The reason these files are flagged as such is because [in your case] the wallets you downloaded could be used for "mining". The wallet could [potentially] use your computers resources to begin "mining", and it could do it for someone else - like a default address [sometimes] builtin to these programs (an address that is not yours). The program therefore has the capability to act maliciously by using someones computing power to "mine" in the background and make money for whoever owns the potentially builtin address used by the "miner".

For those reasons, your antivirus should pick up on something like the wallet file you downloaded, but in your specific case is considered a false-positive because you intentionally downloaded the file and [presumably] know how to use it. Bytecoin is a wellknown, established crypto and confirming the checksums of the downloaded file from the official download repository ensures it poses no threat. Additionally, you may also have to add the file(s) to your antivirus' "exclusion" list in order to use them because it will often quarantine such detected file(s). Unfortunately, there are many malicious files floating around out there, as you automatically become a "target" for attackers who would love gaining access to your computer and stealing your crypto (especially since they know you likely have digital assets to steal because the potential file was [for example] a closed-source miner or something similar), so BE CAREFUL and diligent at all times!

Hope I was able to offer you some insight and make you feel more comfortable about the specific file mentioned in your post. Feel free to send me a message if you have any other questions and/or need any related help in the future!  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: