Pages:
Author

Topic: [BCN] Uncovering CryptoNote technology and Bytecoin BCN FAQ - page 2. (Read 13771 times)

Activity: 314
Merit: 10
Wow! I am surprised they are able to contact devs.

I don't even know anyone who had contacted them with success. We'll see how it would be this time.
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
I've posted updates on puzzles, CryptoNight, and community opportunities posted at CN forum.

Guys, what would you like to see covered in this FAQ? I'm quite stuck at the moment.

I think the last FAQ in Usage must be updated as it would be added to comkort.com soon
https://comkort.com/blog/news

According to the BCN main thread comkort.com encountered some difficulties implementing Bytecoin and currently contacting it's developers. Smiley

I wonder how much time it will take. Tongue
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I've posted updates on puzzles, CryptoNight, and community opportunities posted at CN forum.

Guys, what would you like to see covered in this FAQ? I'm quite stuck at the moment.

I think the last FAQ in Usage must be updated as it would be added to comkort.com soon
https://comkort.com/blog/news

Activity: 60
Looking back I can only say every time people were going to analyze btc based on experience on something far from it (ex.,gold) they've made mistakes.

So, isn't it better not to compare Bitmonero and Bytecoin with Litecoin and Bitcoin?

btw, interesting discussion why litecoin become so popular.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
There was fairbrix as well that came out around the time of litecoin, but because litcoin had block reward halving and fairbrix didn't, and also because fairbrix was relatively buggy, fairbrix lost.

Or maybe the name matters.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
No, it wasn't a new concept, but it practically was. Tenebrix came afterwards. Solidcoin was a scam and I0Coin, Ixcoin and Litecoin all came out within a month of each other.
No
Tenebrix launch: September 26, 2011, 12:09:44 AM
Litecoin launch: Thursday Oct 13 2011, 03:00 GMT

I was mining them both from right after the genesis block. Tongue
Well, it doesn't appear to be 2009 from this https://litecoin.info/History_of_cryptocurrency
But you win.

Yeah sorry, I copied that from the tenebrix source code and posted it but then realized that lolcust forgot the change the nTime in the comment from Bitcoin's, haha

There was fairbrix as well that came out around the time of litecoin, but because litcoin had block reward halving and fairbrix didn't, and also because fairbrix was relatively buggy, fairbrix lost.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
No, it wasn't a new concept, but it practically was. Tenebrix came afterwards. Solidcoin was a scam and I0Coin, Ixcoin and Litecoin all came out within a month of each other.
No

I was mining them both from right after the genesis block. Tongue
Well, it doesn't appear to be 2009 from this https://litecoin.info/History_of_cryptocurrency
But you win.
legendary
No
Oh, so you are kidding, kidding about overlooking the GUI, ease-of-use, rate of block-chain synchronization, Linux binaries, and so on. Funny man.

No, LiteCoin wasn't a winner because of "minor changes", it was a winner because of scrypt, a relatively major change compared to Bitmonoronorono, along with the fact that "altcoin" was a practically a new concept. And, don't forget booming popularity causing an influx of new users wanting a piece of the cake on an already proven, mostly stable platform. Unlike Bytecoin, Bitcoin is actually big and can take a hit.

It's as simple as installing Ubuntu 13.10, extracting a zip to a folder, and typing "make" into a terminal.  It's literally that easy.  Then you run the daemon and the wallet and type "start_mining".  How could it be any easier?

There's instructions for Windows too: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-not-a-bitcoin-fork-how-to-544715

Litecoin was a simple fork of Tenebrix with 4x Bitcoin parameters.  Tenebrix introduced scrypt.  Coblee made Litecoin in three hours (I would know, I talked to him at the conference last week).

When Litecoin came out, alt coins were not a new concept -- there were plenty of scam/useless coins (SolidCoin, Tenebrix, Ixcoin, I0coin) then too.
About the binaries, you forgot "install dev packages", but yes it's easy. Is it Necessary? Nah. My issue regarding this is that the release isn't very polished.

As for altcoins, no, it wasn't a "new" concept, but it practically was. Tenebrix came afterwards. Solidcoin was a scam and I0Coin, Ixcoin and Litecoin all came out within a month of each other.

Scrypt and litecoin was indeed simple, but it was still major in comparison to this, it stood well resisting ASICs, and for a while, GPUs.
I'd just like to see things mature a bit first, the BCN blockchain's already 2 years old, it can wait another few months. To each his own, though.
legendary
Oh, so you are kidding, kidding about overlooking the GUI, ease-of-use, rate of block-chain synchronization, Linux binaries, and so on. Funny man.

No, LiteCoin wasn't a winner because of "minor changes", it was a winner because of scrypt, a relatively major change compared to Bitmonoronorono, along with the fact that "altcoin" was a practically a new concept. And, don't forget booming popularity causing an influx of new users wanting a piece of the cake on an already proven, mostly stable platform. Unlike Bytecoin, Bitcoin is actually big and can take a hit.

It's as simple as installing Ubuntu 13.10, extracting a zip to a folder, and typing "make" into a terminal.  It's literally that easy.  Then you run the daemon and the wallet and type "start_mining".  How could it be any easier?

There's instructions for Windows too: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bcn-bytecoin-not-a-bitcoin-fork-how-to-544715

Litecoin was a simple fork of Tenebrix with 4x Bitcoin parameters.  Tenebrix introduced scrypt.  Coblee made Litecoin in three hours (I would know, I talked to him at the conference last week).

When Litecoin came out, alt coins were not a new concept -- there were plenty of scam/useless coins (SolidCoin, Tenebrix, Ixcoin, I0coin) then too.
Are you kidding?

No.  Why do you think LiteCoin won out against all the other alts?  Minor changes to the Bitcoin protocol, which works.  ByteCoin created their own protocol and assumably knows what they were doing, what within it have you decided needs messing with?

legendary
Are you kidding?

No.  Why do you think LiteCoin won out against all the other alts?  Minor changes to the Bitcoin protocol, which works.  ByteCoin created their own protocol and assumably knows what they were doing, what within it have you decided needs messing with?
I forgot about Bitmonero, added it to the FAQ. Thanks!

Please dont support this coin. It is a rushed fork that will hinder Cryptonote. It could have made severe improvements but I will stand by my thought of this being something to turn a quick buck. People will outlash and disagree because they get to participate in its release and are harboring the same ideal.
Despite mining, I agree.
I'd like to see the ByteCoin developers make a fork that hasn't been kept secret, them being a team that has shown worthy of creating and maintaining a coin.

Please dont support this coin. It is a rushed fork that will hinder Cryptonote. It could have made severe improvements but I will stand by my thought of this being something to turn a quick buck. People will outlash and disagree because they get to participate in its release and are harboring the same ideal.

what would your severe improvements have been?
Are you kidding?
legendary

what would your severe improvements have been?
Activity: 994
Merit: 500

Activity: 373
Merit: 250
Activity: 421

I think you can add:

* the info about GPU / ASIC resistance, high-level API (for BCN) and another features

* this links (official bitcoin wiki):

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/CryptoNote
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/CryptoNight
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Bytecoin

* the first BCN-fork which was named BitMonero Grin there is link to thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annbmr-bitmonero-a-new-coin-based-on-cryptonote-technology-launched-563821
Activity: 421
Good reasons. I agree.
I personally prefer Hy-quolity products whoever developed by.

Fame can execute several tasks but it's just a tool nevertheless.

It looks very strange really!
Activity: 109
Good reasons. I agree.

Good reasons. I agree.
Our conversation as not such invention like bra with detectors of affection, it's about new currency. Cheap boom is unnecessarily thing for this. 

Weird! Is it any marketing technology making clones?

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

I think you may add devs' emails ([email protected] and [email protected])
Pages:
Jump to: