Pages:
Author

Topic: BCT vs BTT abbreviation for this forum - page 7. (Read 1477 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 624
December 08, 2023, 12:15:59 PM
Earlier before now, all I knew about the forum and its abbreviations was btt. I have even seen where someone abbreviates it to BTTF (bitcoin talk forum), which sounds okay to me, calling it BCT right now. To some, they will really understand it, but to many, that will be a total new word in their ear. Even if they have come across the word, they will give a total different meaning to it, and out of many, only a few will think about it as a bitcontalk forum.

Me, I also stand with the BTT, as that is what I have known the forum with for a very long time till now. Referring to bitcoin as BC, many people will also see it as a new coin and not related to bitcoin as we all know it as BTC. Any new word might make it appear to be a new coin all together.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
December 08, 2023, 11:58:15 AM
Bitcoin is not called BC.

If there is no official abbreviation, that does not mean calling it BCT is also correct.

It can be called BTT. But depending on what that is official.

Before I know this forum, I saw it abbreviated as BTT on another forum that I was.

People that I know are calling it BTT until yesterday that some people said it can be called BCT.

I will choose BTT as bitcoin is called BTC.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
December 08, 2023, 11:50:26 AM
as title, which abbreviation fits bitcointalk better

2 votes each, 14 days

i have seen BTT for a loooong time, but use BCT myself.

Pages:
Jump to: