Pages:
Author

Topic: Be aware of shlling - page 2. (Read 7826 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 08, 2019, 01:35:22 PM
People are shilling some stupid coin around, they are saying this coin is good, bla bla bla. Don't invest just because people saying it is good or don't get into a coin just because it was hyped recently. Better do your own research with all information and only then decide what to do.

Are you talking about absolutely every coin? Because that’s exactly what all of them do. 
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
July 08, 2019, 12:41:45 PM
People are shilling some stupid coin around, they are saying this coin is good, bla bla bla. Don't invest just because people saying it is good or don't get into a coin just because it was hyped recently. Better do your own research with all information and only then decide what to do.

It's part of the strategy to shill the coins you are supporting and it's the obligation of every reader to check if the coin really live up to it's promised as what has been said on the coin, but some coins are worth shilling because of their potential and to those who will do this better check the coin if it really deserves to get a shill
Activity: 335
Merit: 100
July 08, 2019, 11:19:21 AM
I agree with you, but I think the essence of this crypto market is FOMO, or as you say it is shilling. A lot of people invest according to the information that is hyped from multiple sources. As a result, many buyers and token prices increase.
So FOMO is also a factor we should evaluate when investing in a project.
Activity: 616
Merit: 13
July 08, 2019, 11:10:16 AM

i think many people have already learned their lesson the hard way last year. We all know that shitcoins that only goes up because of shilling can really be dumped in a matter of seconds so it is really a gamble. But i do not say that people can't earn money from it. If you know what u are doing, u basically can nail it.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 322
July 08, 2019, 10:13:24 AM
I do not mind really good advertisements, like some coins do actually spend thousands on marketing budget and they make great designs and logos and infographics etc etc and they actually show you how much they are into their own coins so their shilling is actually not shilling but becomes like marketing so I kind of like them, it really shows that they are willing to work hard for their coin and they are actually doing it, which means they will definitely be worth a look.

However, there ones like that open a topic with "will x coin be the next btc" and write a line and leave, I hate those people not because they did low effort job but they literally take your time, I know my time is not that precious since I am not like a very important person or a doctor on surgery but in the end I just spent like 20 seconds on something so useless that I get disappointed.
Marketing and shilling are two different terms. In the forum, we have the available option for marketing, using forum ads as well as using the signature space. They both are effective but if you hire people for shit talking about your coins or someone shill on a coin for self-benefit, that doesn't sound great.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
July 08, 2019, 09:10:18 AM
I do not mind really good advertisements, like some coins do actually spend thousands on marketing budget and they make great designs and logos and infographics etc etc and they actually show you how much they are into their own coins so their shilling is actually not shilling but becomes like marketing so I kind of like them, it really shows that they are willing to work hard for their coin and they are actually doing it, which means they will definitely be worth a look.

However, there ones like that open a topic with "will x coin be the next btc" and write a line and leave, I hate those people not because they did low effort job but they literally take your time, I know my time is not that precious since I am not like a very important person or a doctor on surgery but in the end I just spent like 20 seconds on something so useless that I get disappointed.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
July 08, 2019, 09:06:53 AM
actually "shilling" for a shitcoin can be an excellent signal when you are a trader!

as a rule of thumb whenever you see a lot of talk about an altcoin from a ton of newbies all over the forum advertising it and shilling for it, that can be a very good indicator that it is time to dump that altcoin and get out of it right away.
so far, i have never seen newbies passionately advertise an altcoin that would rise after their shilling! they all are either getting dumped or will be dumped soon after.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 326
July 08, 2019, 01:57:43 AM
90% of the posts in altcoin boards are shilling some coin one way or another. it is not just the one coin you saw. in most cases people buy some altcoin then that coin gets dumped and they lose money so they start a mission to get everyone else to buy that coin so that they could dump it and get their money out.
Are you sure about this? Cos I wonder how many people can be drive to buy a coin just because someone said its good ,what significant effect can this bring into the coin's life? It takes thousands of dollars to make a coin surge in value

People nowadays are wise at choosing which altcoin should they invest in and not because they've heard it from someone that the coin is good. There are so many things we have to consider before choosing which right altcoins should we invest in not because they are shilling it.

-The market cap
-The objective of the project
-The team behind
-The product itself

And many more. DYOR is significant in selecting altcoins before buying. There are reasons why shilling coins are being exposed now, they are getting money from doing it. Don't fall for that kind of trap. The important is that you should comply with the most reputable and most profitable coin.
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
July 08, 2019, 01:11:16 AM
just like anything people should always do their own due diligence and look deeper than just social media about a project 
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
July 08, 2019, 01:08:43 AM
We should see through all these motives why these people are promoting the coin.  We must weigh the facts and the speculations of these people.  There are new coins that is worth investing though they are weak on the promotional side that is why some community move in to promote the coins.  Though there is a possible hiddend agenda towards that promotion, where other called it  shilling, but if the project is potential then why not invest to it.

The agenda for shilling coins is very clear. There are no other motives but to expose a coin or a project.

Shilling isn't that bad as others are portraying here. Even good projects needed some shilling at some point so that it won't be buried in this highly competitive crypto market.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
Catena X
July 07, 2019, 07:59:24 PM
It is also what I always said to my friends around. Never only listens to what people say. Their analysis and strategy may be different from us. If we want to hear their saying, it is also better for us to make it only as one of the considerations, not decision. Following the hype only may lead us to lose.
Activity: 412
Merit: 101
July 07, 2019, 07:47:13 PM
yes do not believe in their nonsense because there are those who are paid and some from their own opinions so be careful not to be lured by the words of people
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
July 07, 2019, 06:39:44 PM
People are shilling because they gain something from it.

If you are careful then you wont end up buying shitcoins because you're aware of the possible outcome when you buy a coins that is not well-known.

Dont be easily convince and do your research like what op said.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
July 07, 2019, 06:30:07 PM
Exactly, I've seen a lot of newbies shilling and even mask their intention by asking if someone heard about this X coin. But I'm sure the real intention is to just shill it perhaps for the sole purpose of pump-and-dump so everyone should be careful about it.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
July 07, 2019, 06:27:14 PM
Sometimes it can be useful. If someone is talking about some coin, it may be worth paying attention to it. Especially if it says not one man, but several.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
July 07, 2019, 06:25:50 PM
We should see through all these motives why these people are promoting the coin.  We must weigh the facts and the speculations of these people.  There are new coins that is worth investing though they are weak on the promotional side that is why some community move in to promote the coins.  Though there is a possible hiddend agenda towards that promotion, where other called it  shilling, but if the project is potential then why not invest to it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
July 07, 2019, 06:21:58 PM
Always DYOR and have your personal opinion.
Nowadays there are a lot of bounty hunters shilling projects, but fact that I wear signature doesn't mean that I support this project.
I would say that shit coins are worth to invest in. Only top crypto with valuable product and bitcoin
Activity: 2072
Merit: 656
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 07, 2019, 06:13:33 PM
It is what people said only following the hype of other people or news. I also agree with you. Listening only to the people considerations will not work at all for us personally. DOing ourselves research and consideration will be much better to take.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
July 07, 2019, 05:38:31 PM
I think that all people are entitled to their opinion. If a person expresses his opinion on any coin, then he has the right to it, your right to believe this person, or not. Not all people are engaged in advertising, maybe they believe in what they write. So begins the communication and disputes, and in disputes truth is born. But own analysis is necessary.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
July 07, 2019, 05:08:14 PM

They're shilling because they either got paid for it, or they invested in it and want it to rise up, or they're part of the developer teams themselves planning to dump it on all the unsuspecting fools. In fact, shilling is good because it tells me, it's a shitcoin. The good coins don't get shilled because shills know those will take too long to grow.

I'd say that good coins are not promoted by shills because the team is not paying them. Good teams allow their projects to grow on their own and they use transparent advertising like signature campaigns. They don't pay people to whisper in your ear or spam you with private messages. Only scams do this but they aren't afraid because they know their project is not worth anything without promotion.
Pages:
Jump to: