Pages:
Author

Topic: Be careful about some messages to your DM - page 4. (Read 778 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 560
I believe some members are already knowledgeable about such but also I still believe that some aren't. The forum is a big place and any big platform that discusses crypto-currency is always a target for scammers.

The forum has done so much to frustrate those fraudsters and I think it should be commended although this scammers are dogged with their actions. They do send messages to your DM with all sort of crazy format.

I have gotten some recently and I would be posting although I have edited the link so it won't be clickable.

Greetings mate
Judging by your merits and answers on the forum,you are an experienced user of cryptocurrencies
The fact is that a few months ago i was hired as a cryptocurrency consultant and journalist at a well-known cryptopotato
At the moment i am writing articles on the topic "Development of cryptocurrency in the current world order"
I can only get true and comprehensive knowledge from the members of this forum
This is not spam,scam or a prank
I collect statistics for some articles
If the article will be popular,i will share part of my profit with you
To be honest,i'm afraid to create a topic,because now,under the new rules,the merits of the account can be removed Cheesy
I'd be glad to talk to you

-Regards

I haven't checked the authenticity of this message but it already spells scam. I won't even want to find out if I am wrong or right on that.

Be careful about such newbies, they come with all these enticing stories all to draw you in and then telling you how it's not a scam. In your best interest it best not to find out so don't even click the link. I would find better ways to protect my DM from such in the future.

Once i received something related to this kind of message on my DM, what i do is to delete such and ignore the user, that is all, there is no need of giving attention on some sort of cooked stories for the Gods, if he have confidence in what he is saying then he should make it public, there is no need for hiding what is not hidden, such could be dangerous to us if we fail to take any action on such, we have to be careful on some sort of deals or talks some of these newbies account are bringing on us, such could be implicating if care i not taken, now i see more reasons to why some members blocked newbies from sending PMs.
legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
I don't think it is a straight scam. Maybe you work for nothing, that's all, but at least it doesn't seem that you will send any money and lose it. But hey! for some people time is more valuable than money itself, and it is a scarce resource indeed, so be careful.

What surprised me is the following:

-snip-
To be honest,i'm afraid to create a topic,because now,under the new rules,the merits of the account can be removed Cheesy
-snip-

Is it true that, under the new rules, the merits can be removed? If that's the way it works now, this is the first news I read about it...

I also received the same PM, and it happened on the first of April when the forum celebrated April Fool's Day. The author of the letter was not in on the joke but only read the headline in META, so he decided that merits could be taken away for any violation.

Besides that, I checked his website, and there is no scam or phishing there. The guy wanted some kind of support, nothing more.

Still, the OP's warning is very relevant. Now, the time is coming when scammers have armed themselves with different types of scams to deceive forum users in one way or another. Don’t expect to receive a lucrative offer, but always ask why they are writing to you, and why would someone give money if they never pinch their pockets.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
I denied myself from dealing to those who sends links specially newbies and even more when this is via PM , sometimes even legit account but sent me PM's i delete them mostly because a friend of mine becomes a victim of this kind when someone sent Him a PM saying if it is Him who is on that thread but when he clicked then it directed him to a clone site that asked him to relog in and boom he was hacked  Grin
from that day , i made sure that to never click a link not unless it comes from someone i really trusts.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 2162
The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>SPA
I don't think it is a straight scam. Maybe you work for nothing, that's all, but at least it doesn't seem that you will send any money and lose it. But hey! for some people time is more valuable than money itself, and it is a scarce resource indeed, so be careful.

What surprised me is the following:

-snip-
-snip-

Is it true that, under the new rules, the merits can be removed? If that's the way it works now, this is the first news I read about it...
Activity: 420
Merit: 273
Reading through the quote looks genuine, but then almost all scams will look genuine or legit from the start, so it depends on individuals preferences, if they'll like to explore further or just ignore the link. In your own case you don't want to take chances to open the link and actually get to know if the sender has a genuine interest or if it's a scam, so you're staying on the safe side and I wouldn't blame you for taking such a decision, however the project might still not be a scam, since you didn't explore further and there's no proof of it being a scam. I'm skeptical too about clicking unfamiliar links online because of scams and hacks, so it's ok to be cautious.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
CryptoPotato is actually a reputable site for crypto news and for someone to actually get a job offer as a journalist there, is not something that will be offer to just anybody. So for him to actually get the job without knowledge proves that it is a scam. Although I simply advise you to just ignore him and place a restriction on him. He should advertise his job on the service board if he is serious and anybody interested will DM him
Activity: 350
Merit: 335
~~
I have gotten some recently and I would be posting although I have edited the link so it won't be clickable.

Greetings mate
Judging by your merits and answers on the forum,you are an experienced user of cryptocurrencies
The fact is that a few months ago i was hired as a cryptocurrency consultant and journalist at a well-known cryptopotato
At the moment i am writing articles on the topic "Development of cryptocurrency in the current world order"

-Regards

I haven't checked the authenticity of this message but it already spells scam. I won't even want to find out if I am wrong or right on that.

Be careful about such newbies, they come with all these enticing stories all to draw you in and then telling you how it's not a scam. In your best interest it best not to find out so don't even click the link. I would find better ways to protect my DM from such in the future.

Assuming you shared any link attached to this message, it would have been easier to know if there is something fishy about it or not. From what I have read in that message, I did not see scam, it can just be someone looking for who to help him him write content,  the only risk you stand being the time you will waste writing the article which you are not sure of being paid.

To me scam is when there is risk of you losing your money or anything you own like your account or compromising on your privacy. I can be wrong, but this does not come through to me like a scam unless the person might want to gain some level of understanding with you before unleashing the real intentions.
Activity: 840
Merit: 612
Thank you @OP, so the name of this bastard is tajimas. Tongue

Have you report the PM to Admin? he might get banned for sending unsolicited messages.

He's actually Full member rank, so he can send PM to everyone except the users have block to receive PM from him, some low members rank might think he's legit since he's not a newbie.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 702
I believe some members are already knowledgeable about such but also I still believe that some aren't. The forum is a big place and any big platform that discusses crypto-currency is always a target for scammers.

The forum has done so much to frustrate those fraudsters and I think it should be commended although this scammers are dogged with their actions. They do send messages to your DM with all sort of crazy format.

Greetings mate

-Regards

Pages:
Jump to: