Pages:
Author

Topic: Be careful of alts you hodl - page 5. (Read 25095 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 100
July 30, 2019, 06:35:53 PM
Always do a research first on the coins you want to invest and hodl, Coins with active developers and supportive teams will surely stay long in the cryptomarket. These developers keep upgrading or innovating their coins to meet the challenges that lies ahead thus keeping also their coin on the top of the market.
Projects that are working products and real uses, will certainly always innovate and develop projects. Then the analysis is very important to determine the right time to sell and hold. By understanding the roadmap, we will also find out the team's seriousness in developing the project.
Activity: 276
Merit: 10
July 30, 2019, 06:07:32 PM
I was just looking at the coinmarketcap table since 2013, I was surprised in what I saw, many coins topping the charts then are now almost non-existent, we need to be careful of the kind of coins we hodl especially for long term. Most of these projects just die after the initial hype.

No need to store all altcoins for a long time. Sell them as soon as the price rises and you have the opportunity to earn. You can also sell and fix losses if the price is constantly falling and there are no prospects for growth.

Only altcoins from the top 20 list can be stored for a long time.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
July 30, 2019, 06:02:12 PM
You should be very careful with alts. Back in time I had many altcoins and I had no time to monitor each of them. So I lost a good part of my holdings
Activity: 588
Merit: 11
July 30, 2019, 05:24:30 PM
Always do a research first on the coins you want to invest and hodl, Coins with active developers and supportive teams will surely stay long in the cryptomarket. These developers keep upgrading or innovating their coins to meet the challenges that lies ahead thus keeping also their coin on the top of the market.
Activity: 29
Merit: 1
July 30, 2019, 05:13:43 PM
This is a very good advice, although am a newbie but when I got started my friend was quick to advice me on the type of tokens to hold and I followed his direction. What I have learnt is, most altcoins have nothing to show for they are just hype and that's all; reason most die off sooner than later.
Activity: 536
Merit: 15
July 30, 2019, 05:10:05 PM
You are very right. The best thing to look out for when choosing a good altcoins to hold (especially for long term) is a good product and the longevity of the project. Most projects are just after the initial profit and then go into extinction.
Activity: 1140
Merit: 103
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
July 28, 2019, 07:29:09 PM
I was just looking at the coinmarketcap table since 2013, I was surprised in what I saw, many coins topping the charts then are now almost non-existent, we need to be careful of the kind of coins we hodl especially for long term. Most of these projects just die after the initial hype.

Yes, that is right. I have a few coins who reached a good price in 2017 but suddenly just disappear and decided to not continue. Even those coins who are existing until now but the price is very very low compared to what I bought them. It is a big factor why this happened because of the sudden decrease in Bitcoin's price.

Getting rid of shitty coin value cannot be stopped and since we're still not recovering from that worst situations, we cannot move on. If we're carefull and decisive enough during 2017, maybe we're not this kind of hopeless right now. You're not alone thinking this way mate, because many of us felt the agony.
Activity: 468
Merit: 100
Experience the Future of DeFi
July 28, 2019, 07:20:05 PM

Yes, that is right. I have a few coins who reached a good price in 2017 but suddenly just disappear and decided to not continue. Even those coins who are existing until now but the price is very very low compared to what I bought them. It is a big factor why this happened because of the sudden decrease in Bitcoin's price.
Activity: 490
Merit: 28
July 28, 2019, 06:59:59 PM
Little by little the old altcoins give way to the new. Therefore, it is important to get rid in time of coins that in the future do not have much chance of growth compared to their newly minted counterparts.

But there  are still who dominate until now it still exists, those are coins that  we need to benchmark, we should study why it exists that long, how the roadmap being developed,  it is our guide in selecting real coins that don't just vanishes by the time.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 292
www.cd3d.app
July 28, 2019, 06:43:40 PM
Little by little the old altcoins give way to the new. Therefore, it is important to get rid in time of coins that in the future do not have much chance of growth compared to their newly minted counterparts.

Activity: 1806
Merit: 2
July 27, 2019, 06:40:35 PM
As i also suggest that don't hold unknown or not well reputations coin , you should always hold top 20 coins and should set your stop loss sothat you don't need to hold long run.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
July 27, 2019, 05:54:29 PM
Many of those alt coins that do not work well or projects that do not come true are seen at the end of the day scam. They should be real projects and coins for many years as a top coinmarketcap and must be invested well. Should be verified and invested.
The projects with real working products will be considered by the crowd but the scam projects will continue to scam as much as possible sufferers. Invbesting to the proper projects have some requirements from each investor. An investor should understand and accept the risks associated with the volatile financial markets.
Activity: 707
July 27, 2019, 05:51:54 PM
Those altcoins that died or became a shadow of themselves are hyped coins thus trending at the time being and dieing off at the long run. On the other hand, those who had something solid are waxing strong even till today and this is the type of projects we should be looking at or holding; projects with long term sustainability.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
July 27, 2019, 03:46:24 PM
There are hundreds of new altcoins that release almost every day. People can easily make it without thinking about the use of their coins.
I suggest investing only on Altcoin who stand on top of Coinmarketcap like BNB (Binance) who can keep the value stable.
Activity: 405
July 27, 2019, 03:36:02 PM

Yeah, indeed we have to be careful with the coins we hold and we have to be aware of what coins we have. Other than that, if we do hold coins then every day on a regular basis or at least two days ago we must see the development of prices in the market. This aims to get the best chance. We must not lose the opportunity to get a big profit. Indeed something big is certainly balanced with a big effort so you must continue to be patient.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
July 27, 2019, 03:16:57 PM
Just dont look below top 20 on market.
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
July 27, 2019, 03:13:53 PM
This is not that much surprising I think because many of them didn't succeed in building a vibrant ecosystem, but that is what you need to succeed.
Activity: 736
July 27, 2019, 02:52:45 PM
yes of course we are all always vigilant in every investment we have made, not only investing and then waiting for prices to rise but always monitoring the coin price charts and market conditions every day, so we can know the percentage of the coins we invest, if there are no more price developments further certainly exchanging and buying with other coins.
Activity: 331
July 27, 2019, 02:15:10 PM
This is a very good observation. Most altcoins are vanishing by the year. So one has to be extraordinarily careful as most developers are interested in making their profit instead of working on the project to improve the price
copper member
Activity: 616
Merit: 0
July 27, 2019, 01:38:51 PM
We must be careful with the coins use to hold for long term and always up to date with new information from the project. Many altcoins projects died in the previous time because the project developers could not reach the people as the expected.

Pages:
Jump to: