Pages:
Author

Topic: Be cautious with new exchanges - page 3. (Read 800 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
December 21, 2017, 07:44:32 PM
Good advice, thanks Smiley Of course, there are so many scam bitcoin-related sites, bitcoin mining sites and exchanges. people should be very careful to where they put their coins nowadays. 
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
December 21, 2017, 07:37:13 PM
It looks like they have a small volume with trades right now, but doesn't really look like a scam exchange. Does anyone here trade on topbtc? I doubt the exchange will be listed on coinmarketcap if it's a fake one, but the price does seem a little fishy.. They also claim to have free exchanges. I wonder how they make money

I dont exactly know if topbtc is scam exchanger or fake exchanger. But one thing that i have to remember and remind everybody, please be aware to new exchanger since sometime it is fake or scam.
Activity: 784
Merit: 257
December 21, 2017, 07:21:04 PM
Yes.Better to go with the older legit exchanges like poloniex,bittrex,kracken,coinbase.

Usually many new investors get attracted with the low fee or zero fee trading offered by new exchanges and deposit their bitcoins there.

They even have a chance of getting scammed and lose their bitcoins.
I agree with you, better trading in a well-tested and trusted exchange, do not easily tempted low cost, it could be the scam way to attract the victims.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 06:03:57 PM
At least they put out a warning at the bottom of the page.

"Risk Prompt
The risk of digital currency transactions with high (pre dug, spike, makers manipulation, team disbanded, technical defects), TOPBTC only for digital currency enthusiasts to provide a free online exchange platform, the investment value of the currency does not undertake any review guarantee, the liability for compensation, if you can not accept, please don't deal! Thank you! Report Mailbox illegal [email protected]
TOPBTC tips: Please control the risk, do not invest more than your risk bearing capacity, do not invest in digital money you do not understand."

....and remember, always"Report Mailbox illegal" Huh   Grin
There are always some risks involved in entering the crypto market and you often have to accept and try to minimize the risk that may occur by studying it carefully before making an investment decision.
I agree with your perception that with new projects people should be cautious in investing but you can get pretty much if you take risks.
Activity: 170
December 21, 2017, 05:15:24 PM
At least they put out a warning at the bottom of the page.

"Risk Prompt
The risk of digital currency transactions with high (pre dug, spike, makers manipulation, team disbanded, technical defects), TOPBTC only for digital currency enthusiasts to provide a free online exchange platform, the investment value of the currency does not undertake any review guarantee, the liability for compensation, if you can not accept, please don't deal! Thank you! Report Mailbox illegal [email protected]
TOPBTC tips: Please control the risk, do not invest more than your risk bearing capacity, do not invest in digital money you do not understand."

....and remember, always"Report Mailbox illegal" Huh   Grin
There are always some risks involved in entering the crypto market and you often have to accept and try to minimize the risk that may occur by studying it carefully before making an investment decision.
Activity: 35
Merit: 1
December 21, 2017, 03:29:50 PM
I probably should not have mentioned a specific exchange, since the one I mentioned is still chugging along and may well be legitimate. Apologies to them if they are a serious exchange.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
December 17, 2017, 04:37:34 PM
Thank you for this information, It will help especially the newbie in trading who will get attracted to the higher price at this exchange and then rush there only to get burnt.
Activity: 476
Merit: 254
December 17, 2017, 04:35:55 PM
Saw that the highest price for btc is on topbtc.com https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/topbtc/

https://mobile.twitter.com/topbtc_com

Homepage is translated from Chinese using Google translate.

Somebody will think they are smart and send some coins there to arbitrage but might not end well.

Not an accusation, but people should be careful

The headsup is needed and the onus is just on one to be careful at this time but at there should be some responsibility on coinmarketcap to owe people relying on information from their end about the importance of the truthfulness of the sites listed on their platforms. I guess its boils down to no one owes anybody the responsibility of being safe other than yourself. As we have decent people coming in so also people with moral.deficiency finding it easy to scam people of their hard earned resources.
Activity: 652
Merit: 250
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
December 17, 2017, 04:21:04 PM

Bitcoin's increasing popularity is giving birth to many scams . This is turning out to be a demerit for bitcoin . Phishing attact stories are heard on daily basis these days . I am very old school in these matters ,i try to stick with the traditional exchanges for my safety and to be on the safer side .
But it is not easy for new traders to discover which exchange is better . I would suggest to do your homework before you enter into the world of exchanges and dont get caught by the greedy offers of some spam exchanges . Look out for the security of web pages . Secure web pages are generally not spams .
Activity: 1232
Merit: 186
December 16, 2017, 09:52:58 PM
It's very alarming to know that bad people found a new way of scamming other than HYIPs and it is surprising that they saw an opportunity through exchanges. It seems that scammers nowadays become more creative and intelligent for them to continue their bad deeds, everyone should be very careful.

I think the least we can do to avoid being scammed is to trust only to the legit exchanges who already proved their credibility in this kind of business. I only trust to Poloniex, Bittrex, Bitfinex and Coinbase.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
December 16, 2017, 08:18:34 PM
Saw that the highest price for btc is on topbtc.com https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/topbtc/

Somebody will think they are smart and send some coins there to arbitrage but might not end well.

Well, i am lucky to use top exchanger for arbitrage so not just new exchange.  I really never heard notice like this before, now i notice and must be carefull. Thanks mate.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
December 16, 2017, 07:52:28 PM
Yes.Better to go with the older legit exchanges like poloniex,bittrex,kracken,coinbase.

Usually many new investors get attracted with the low fee or zero fee trading offered by new exchanges and deposit their bitcoins there.

They even have a chance of getting scammed and lose their bitcoins.
Activity: 163
December 16, 2017, 02:27:47 PM
Well i understand this totally and i must say the best exchange for me is binance, its like the easiest exchange to trade on, very easy , fast transactions and low transaction fees, I am definitely sticking with it no matter what new exchange might come.. Thanks for this tip
Activity: 1400
Merit: 259
December 16, 2017, 01:07:30 PM
It looks like bitcoin popularity is being used more.
First is investment scam and hyips and now this? An exchange? Wow.
That is a lot of capital that is needed before they can even do it and yet, they still did it.
I dont know about this man, maybe they knoe there is a larger profit that will come than what they invested. Hell, they also took the risk.  Grin
Activity: 826
Merit: 252
December 16, 2017, 01:01:39 PM

Agree with you, we should be careful with new exchanges. Until now, I use local exchange and hitbtc to support my trading. I never use another exchange because I have bad experience with poloniex and bittrex, when I got problem their support only say " wait ". Thank you for your information and good luck to you.
Activity: 407
Merit: 101
December 16, 2017, 12:34:58 PM
I have some bad experiences with new exchange, especially when doing arbitration. sometimes the coin that I send can not be till or take a very long time.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
December 16, 2017, 11:07:56 AM

Thanks for the fair warning dude. There might be a scam site, however its not proven yet. But I have to agree that with the current surge of bitcoin and crypto, everyone is really getting into it and its hard to separate a trust site from a possible scam. How many times we hear people lost their bitcoin because they decided to put money on a site that they think are fairly secure, but unfortunately they aren't. Trading platforms, wallets, tumbler services are all being copied and clone. It's a wild wild west out there. Just be careful and vigilant and be safe everyone.
Activity: 479
Merit: 250
https://streamies.io/
December 16, 2017, 09:48:40 AM
many things we must care
- new exchange
- new wallet
- new coin
- new miner software...
we need some skill to protect our fund
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
December 16, 2017, 09:40:43 AM
well,not only we need to be cautious person with a new exchange,
we also need to be a cautious person with an international exchanges or to put it bluntly we should not trust them.
just look at your around at this moment,
you can see that there are a lot of people get scammed by a well known exchange.
they were not doing it openly but they were selectively choose their victim based on their residence and etc.
that mean no matter what exchange it is,all that we need to do is to be a cautious person.
do not put all of your money to your account on their exchanges and always spare some of it on your offline wallet.
bear it in your mind that we are talking about money,
even friend of yours can do a shit about it.
only you and yourself can protect what you have and nobody else.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
December 16, 2017, 09:11:22 AM
There are lots of fake exchanges on the rise recently and the community needs to be informed to save individuals from sending coins to the exchanges. It is very easy to fall for these as look genuine at first look.None the less, thanks for providing us with a heads up and saving people from falling prey to one of those counterfeit scums.
Yeah, no one should be making decisions without even doing research in the first place to know if they are on the right track or not. This is an internet age and only those who are too lazy to research or just do not know how to search for information will always end up being a victim of fake sites like this.

Asides that, it is imperative to always be security conscious as some exchanges may be real, but scammers may clone them to steal people's funds.
Pages:
Jump to: