Pages:
Author

Topic: Be greedy when others are fearful... - page 6. (Read 1422 times)

Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
August 19, 2018, 01:35:24 PM
a friend is investing dollars and euro. but he is making so many funny moves that he really earns very little. another friend earn much more thanks to his courage even though he does not know the market well.
Your friend is just lucky, it is true that you need guts in order to be an investor but that is not enough you need to have knowledge because once the luck runs out and your friend begins to lose money it is likely he is going to take even greater risks trying to keep his previous earnings and when he does that he will lose even more money as a result of his decisions.

In my own opinion, it was not about luck, if the trader or the person is really good at marketing or they knew how to trade properly then it was very easy to earn profit and take advantage of the current situation.
Read the post I answered to, it is about luck, the user I responded to says that the friend that is earning money in the market does not know the market very well, which means that whatever profits he is getting is because of luck and nothing more, anyone can win a few times in this market the real question is if you can make those kind of profits consistently and most can't.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
August 19, 2018, 01:08:09 PM
There's a situations that you really need to be greedy. There's a perfect time and a good time to be like that. But here in the world of crypto, always be careful on what you're doing and what you want to do.
The most important thing is to be patient always, even if times like that comes we need to think even more than normally about moves which we wanted do on market cause not every coin could just pump so high when market will recover.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
August 19, 2018, 11:39:59 AM
I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.

Warren also says that if you investing be ready to wait at least 10 years, if you aren't ready for that waiting don't invest for 5 minutes.
What we speak on this forum is the same what Warren is saying for wall street, buy when prices are red and sell when prices are green. Wall street with this grandparents can suck now, they needed decades to learn something, to do something, today we are much more connected, people share knowledge more then before, that's why crypto has a future, we are learning and sharing much more than older generations.
In the end even Warren has some gems in his life he is one old man, I don't know why he doesn't go to pension and live his last days in peace? What drives people to earn more and more, is there enough in their vocabulary?
Activity: 189
Merit: 28
August 19, 2018, 11:17:35 AM
I will tell you the secret to getting rich on Wall Street. You try to be greedy when others are fearful. And you try to be fearful when others are greedy.
-Warren Buffet

This quote is constantly bandied about as justification to invest in Bitcoin, and especially now that there has been some nice price movement in the upward direction. But this Warren Buffet quote is only relevant with the proper context, which is that Warren Buffet only invests in things he has a fundamental understanding of and can quantifiably value. You can confidently be greedy when others are fearful if you have a sound investment thesis and are a fundamental value investor. This is how he turns his investments into home runs, he knows what he's buying and what it's worth and can weather the negative sentiment until the market learns what he already knows. This doesn't apply at all to a speculative investment like crypto. Following this advice willy-nilly is gonna get you burned because you're misunderstanding the intent and the application.

Don't not buy Bitcoin if that's what you want to do, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're following Warren Buffet's advice. Warren Buffet doesn't speculate, and if you're buying crypto, you're speculating.
Greediness my put you into trouble. You must always think still in every move that you're doing because it my affect how you live in your everyday life. You might lose everything to you in one single move.
Activity: 868
Merit: 257
August 19, 2018, 11:13:16 AM
Be greedy up to a certain point. Never invest more than you can afford to lose. Learn everything you can about crypto, study it, invest where you feel confident.
Yes don't invest all your money, invest only you can afford to lose. Investing in cryptocurrency you need knowledge and study and learn all facts about in cryptocurrency it helps you a lot in your investment to be confident and positive. I think greedy is good cause it is only in investing online not in real life.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1012
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 19, 2018, 11:13:06 AM
Yes, I am always expecting and greedy waiting for the market to grow again

greedy is actually good in the crypto world, because in the crypto world it is different from the real world, especially at this time in the crypto world there are ongoing problems, and it is difficult to understand by various people

Greed is good in the regular world too. Greed is the force behind capitalism, the "invisible hand" of the market. As we have seen, capitalism is the most successful type of economy of the world today.
In the crypto world, greed is good too. The only problem comes when "less-intelligent" investors get carried away and invest a lot in Bitcoin.
Activity: 700
August 19, 2018, 10:42:06 AM

greedy is actually good in the crypto world, because in the crypto world it is different from the real world, especially at this time in the crypto world there are ongoing problems, and it is difficult to understand by various people
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
August 19, 2018, 10:16:35 AM
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
August 19, 2018, 09:24:27 AM
I kind of understand this concept if you are talking about stocks market because it is still a real companies but in crypto it's like you are trying to catch a falling knife, sometimes I am trying to catch the rebound to get a quick profit but it's still quite scary to do that in crypto as the price can go really low because of the thin buy order, maybe it's just me that's still unexperienced buying when the market is red.
Activity: 69
August 19, 2018, 09:21:45 AM
There's a situations that you really need to be greedy. There's a perfect time and a good time to be like that. But here in the world of crypto, always be careful on what you're doing and what you want to do.
Activity: 50
August 19, 2018, 09:03:17 AM
greedy is not a good trait, even though it is greedy when someone else is afraid. I think it's more appropriate if we replace the word "greedy" to "spirit".
'we have to keep on encouraging when other people are afraid', I think these words are more constructive and better.
when other people are afraid of the current market situation, we must be more enthusiastic, even have to be able to buy coins that have the potential to have a good future, so that we will benefit if one day the market prices recover.
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
August 19, 2018, 07:20:26 AM
All of these are just concepts of Warren Buffet if you really do what he has to offer its up to you because most of users now are greedy to take advantage in the market and all those newly investors attack because of fairness that's why many greedy people become more rich and some of them think more wisely.
Activity: 462
August 19, 2018, 07:12:49 AM
In my understanding, it seems that he means to buy when the market is low because of many fearful sells and sell when they are greedy meaning their demands are high so hence the high prices. It applies to cryptocurrency as it follows the basic rule of economics also.
Typically, when others are fearful because of often dumps unlike when we go to 5,800 everyone is fearful in buying that is a big break for the big investors and whales to buy and when the market pumps like the recent high everyone is greedy to pump it more where the big investors sell on that point.
Activity: 268
August 19, 2018, 06:50:27 AM
In my understanding, it seems that he means to buy when the market is low because of many fearful sells and sell when they are greedy meaning their demands are high so hence the high prices. It applies to cryptocurrency as it follows the basic rule of economics also.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
August 19, 2018, 06:05:38 AM
History proved us that the best moment to buy is when the sheeps are fearful and get slaughtered on the streets. Smiley) If you are a good wolf you will drain their blood and use it to get massive amounts of abundance, if you understand my metaphore.
Activity: 35
August 19, 2018, 05:59:42 AM
He does not believe in the good or the bad and there is nothing he can do or will do.
Activity: 924
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
August 18, 2018, 01:54:58 AM
Its very famous word in investment world. When peoples fear on their investment, peoples tend panic and selling their investment not matter he lost on his investment. Crypto market right filled by panic peoples and i think its our opportunity buying good coin with cheaper price 
Activity: 2128
Merit: 520
August 17, 2018, 10:58:23 PM
I think it is very normal, the world is freedom and competitive that everyone need to work hard to get what they want, you are free to get greedy and fearful as you want,  the world is a machine that need to be running continuously without a pause, then the earth is stronger.
I agree of that. Every one need to workhard to get income to use in there daily life. Yes you are free whatever you want even greedy and fearful cause life goes on and the worlds are continues running you need to survive and to become successful in the future.
You need to survive and and use every skills that you have in order to gain much better, people who can handle the risk and capable of working out with others fear are going to benefits and make more success, as they can mixed up. There strategy and continue to profits.
Activity: 686
Merit: 104
August 17, 2018, 10:40:50 PM
that's a great way to grab everything when everyone is scared. and that's how whales holds all their assets in crypto.
Activity: 406
▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰
August 17, 2018, 10:37:43 PM
-Warren Buffet

I thinks this words is a reverse sychology,thats we must doing greedy when other are fearful while we must fearful when others are greedy,otherwise this words of wisdom give us a guidance in order to achieve our goal to become successfull of our investment in crypto investment therefore believing and trusting bitcoin is the only way to bring lambo in our life,and not believing those given advice  done by Mr.Warren buffet,even they are successfull entrepreneurs,because they only thinking there own necessity and goodness of there bussiness because they threaten now thats there bussiness would collapse because of crypto legacy.
Pages:
Jump to: